Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15

Author Topic: Reign of Terror!  (Read 25105 times)

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
Reign of Terror!
« on: January 11, 2015, 06:35:06 am »

Years and years of repeated defeat at the hands of those damned heroes. So much ridicule. So much servitude. But at last, your moment arrived. The dungeon boss was eventually defeated, but the doom spell he was casting was finally prepared. You crawled out of the pile of corpses and towards the scroll. One word and the whole room went up in flames.

Now you've risen from minion to boss. You've consolidated your power. You reached what the other low level mooks couldn't dream to reach. It is time for you to take over the world.

Name: What the foolish and weak will call you.
Appearance: A simple description for your appearance. Make sure it's super menacing with a lot of spikes and skulls.

Class: (Your archetype that determines your skills and spells. Upgrades available later.)
A. Warlord (Ruthless warrior and conqueror. No one can hope to match your strength.)
B. Warlock (Master of the arcane and the profane. Secret spells and ancient artifacts cannot be hidden from you.)
C. Guild Master (Treasures and gems and jewels are a common sight for you. You have connections in almost every inn, every weapon stores, every quest giver.)

Lair: (A base of operations for you and your minions.)
A. Tower (A tall, dark tower.)
B. Fortress (An abandoned ruin turned stronghold.)
C. Lakeside Manor (A creepy mansion by a swampy lake.)

Henchman: (An especially powerful mook that you can send on quests.)
A. Barbarian (A powerful warrior who will raid and pillage anything that moves.)
B. Necromancer (A practitioner of unholy arts with control over the dead and their souls.)
C. Assassin (A skilled hitman with an aptitude for staying unseen.)

Source of power: (The source of your power you found after your ascension . Protect this!)
A. Cursed artifact (Gives you a unique power but a curse that's irreversible.)
B. Captured princess (You get a steady income of money to keep her alive, but heroes will occasionally attempt to break into your lair and rescue her.)
C. Scroll of contracts (Randomly creates a contract made by an unwitting person while praying to a demon. When a contract is complete, you gain a reward and the scroll renews itself. If it is failed or ignored, you will have severe consequences. If the scroll itself is lost or destroyed, we'll, have fun in hell.)
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: Reign of Terror!
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2015, 07:37:06 am »

Name: George
Appearance: about 1.7 m in height, on the skinny side, with one skull inside his head and two more skulls in his pack in case they come in handy for some purpose. Garbed in a simple tunic and trousers with lots of pockets, some of which may hold a knife or stolen spike or perhaps both. Wears a luxurious striped shawl purchased at a county fair wrapped around his neck to prevent unfortunate colds and a rather warm woolen hat taken surreptitiously from the man who sold it to him while he wasn't looking. Has a somewhat menacing soul patch, and dresses considerably more colorfully than the average peasant, having no less than 27 different tunic-trouser color combinations, of which about 9 would be reasonably pleasing to the eye.

Class: Warlord

Lair: Tower

Henchman: Robert Graves the Necromancer (well, technically it's his tower you're staying at, but he's cool with you staying there and helping you out with your plans, since he's a bit small-time anyway and doesn't have any other gigs lined up, plus you're very timely on paying the rent and reasonably good at keeping out any riffraff, and also you think he has a thing for the princess).

Source of power: a captured princess (she's currently torn on whether having skeletal butlers and a regular allowance from her father are sufficiently good reason to suffer your (and Robert's, she's not sure which one of you she likes less) company, but the possibility of dashing, muscular heroes coming to her rescue seems altogether less work for her than trying to actively escape her admittedly lax security).

Hawk132

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2015, 07:40:58 am »

Appearance: about 1.7 m in height, on the skinny side, with one skull inside his head and two more skulls in his pack in case they come in handy for some purpose. Garbed in a simple tunic and trousers with lots of pockets, some of which may hold a knife or stolen spike or perhaps both. Wears a luxurious striped shawl purchased at a county fair wrapped around his neck to prevent unfortunate colds and a rather warm woolen hat taken surreptitiously from the man who sold it to him while he wasn't looking. Has a somewhat menacing soul patch, and dresses considerably more colorfully than the average peasant, having no less than 27 different tunic-trouser color combinations, of which about 9 would be reasonably pleasing to the eye.

Henchman: Robert Graves the Necromancer (well, technically it's his tower you're staying at, but he's cool with you staying there and helping you out with your plans, since he's a bit small-time anyway and doesn't have any other gigs lined up, plus you're very timely on paying the rent and reasonably good at keeping out any riffraff, and also you think he has a thing for the princess).

Source of power: a captured princess (she's currently torn on whether having skeletal butlers and a regular allowance from her father are sufficiently good reason to suffer your (and Robert's, she's not sure which one of you she likes less) company, but the possibility of dashing, muscular heroes coming to her rescue seems altogether less work for her than trying to actively escape her admittedly lax security).
+1.
Perplexicon: A New Arena - Abandoned, but feel free to give it a read.

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 07:44:52 am »

What kind of setting is this? Does the boss have to be a human?
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

Cheesecake

• Bay Watcher
  • Hello.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2015, 08:03:34 am »

What kind of setting is this? Does the boss have to be a human?

It's a fantasy setting with comedy and silliness. The boss doesn't have to be human, but I don't want a mass of rainbow tentacles either.
I wish I could unwatch a thread because every time I look at this I can feel myself dying faster
Dying of laughter?
Dying of pure unbridled hatred, actually.

Yourmaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Not the weirdest on Bay12!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 11, 2015, 08:35:56 am »

can we make Robert graves an assassin?
10/10.
Wants to rape and enslave my innocent night faeries ;-;

Xardalas

• Bay Watcher
  • Being bored and stuff.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 11, 2015, 08:48:38 am »

+1.

All of my +1!

AfellowDwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Paranoid crossdresser
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 11, 2015, 08:54:35 am »

I bet we're going with george, but I might as well put this up.

Name: Ulgrik the Pulverizer
Appearance: A tall, muscular orc wearing thin, coal stained glasses on his bald head. There's not a single scar on his pale green skin, and his teeth have been polished to a pearly white. The thorned cloak he wears over the giant reptile skull covering his torso is closed around his midriff with a smaller skull as a clasp, resembling a fancy suit. Apearing just below the cloak is a pair of blood red spiky boots, which upon closer inspection reveal to be decorated with jet. If you didn't know better, you'd almost think he was civilized.

Class: Guild Master

Lair: Fortress

Henchman: The necromancer Inkdeath von Blasphemy. A brilliant mage who couldn't be more directionless if he tried. He has followed Ulgrik's lead ever since he saved his skin from the law after a graverobbing incedent.

Source of power: Captured princess
This poor thing thought to sneak out of her room to get to a ball, not knowing Ulgrik had falsified her invitation's adress. She'd prefer to escape with some hero to carry her, since her dad would surely kill her if she damaged her dress.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2015, 09:07:22 am by AfellowDwarf »
My interactive forum thing: Adventures of Sir Major

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 11, 2015, 09:38:34 am »

I bet we're going with george, but I might as well put this up.

Name: Ulgrik the Pulverizer
Appearance: A tall, muscular orc wearing thin, coal stained glasses on his bald head. There's not a single scar on his pale green skin, and his teeth have been polished to a pearly white. The thorned cloak he wears over the giant reptile skull covering his torso is closed around his midriff with a smaller skull as a clasp, resembling a fancy suit. Apearing just below the cloak is a pair of blood red spiky boots, which upon closer inspection reveal to be decorated with jet. If you didn't know better, you'd almost think he was civilized.

Class: Guild Master

Henchman: The necromancer Inkdeath von Blasphemy. A brilliant mage who couldn't be more directionless if he tried. He has followed Ulgrik's lead ever since he saved his skin from the law after a graverobbing incedent.

Source of power: Captured princess
This poor thing thought to sneak out of her room to get to a ball, not knowing Ulgrik had falsified her invitation's adress. She'd prefer to escape with some hero to carry her, since her dad would surely kill her if she damaged her dress.
I am countering the culture. +1
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Haspen

• Bay Watcher
  • Cthuwu
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 11, 2015, 10:41:36 am »

PTW!
SigFlags!
Quote from: Draignean@Spamkingdom+
Truly, we have the most uniquely talented spy network in all existence.
Quote from: mightymushroom@Spamkingdom#
Please tell me the Royal Physician didn't go to the same college as the Spymaster.

LuckyKobold

• Bay Watcher
  • I don't kill people but when I do it's slow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 11, 2015, 11:37:13 am »

+1.

All of my +1!
+1!

3man75

• Bay Watcher
  • I will fire this rocket
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2015, 11:45:00 am »

Name: Yahden

Appearance: 6 ft tall Human with scars all over his body. Most of them are on his back from the lashes his old master use to give. However, one big one runs through his face also.

Henchman: Goeman The super assassin. (( A war buddy who initially wanted to kill the old lair master. However, Yahden saw a freind in him and intervened for his life which cost Yahden an extra 3 days of torture. Goeman however, was admitted into the lair as a henchman who assasinated rivals of the last lair master and rumored to have killed the beloved Crown Prince of Golan which has influenced the King of Golan to hold a bounty for the shadowy assasin. They still do not know his name or face but the hunt is still active.))

Source of Power: Captured Princess

Generally me

• Bay Watcher
  • I look like this IRL
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 11, 2015, 12:39:21 pm »

+1

Quartz_Mace

• Bay Watcher
  • Here lies a !!Shred of Sanity!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 11, 2015, 12:43:17 pm »

PTW
Welcome, newcomer, to this place of madness, also referred to as the forums of the Twelfth Bay. I hope you enjoy your stay.
Quartz Mace cancels living: demons embedded in everything.
Ass möde is a way of life
Retired/Extended Sigs
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 15