Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: ☼Gnomes☼ - Masterwork Reborn  (Read 11030 times)

Emperor

• Bay Watcher
  • Time is fleeting.
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Gnomes☼ - Masterwork Reborn
« Reply #30 on: January 20, 2015, 08:33:18 am »

[...] But dwarven priest [...] should be happy if their job can be automatized.

PRAY-O-TRON 2000 - for all your praying needs!

Are you tired of those good-for-nothing gods who intervene in your everyday life?
Do you want to make the god of volcanos stop burning your garden?
Now you can!

Our automated praying machine can memorize certain prayers and play them on repeat!

Buy PRAY-O-TRON 2000 today and keep fanatical exorcists at bay!

(Just a joke. Please don't burn me at the stake.)

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #31 on: February 01, 2015, 10:25:48 am »

Current state of gnomes in version Alpha 0.00**4:

Druidism is in, it is the same as the last version.
Tinkering is in.  Most equipment and recipes are the same as before, but clockwork helmets have been nerfed significantly.
Grinder traps no longer hit 30 times, so they shouldn't be as ridiculously expensive as they were before.
Constructable robots are in, but may experience issues on reloading saved files due to creature spawning problems.
Automatic factories are not in.  The electrostatic generator is in as a placeholder, due to its importance in the tinkering system.  It operates without power for now.
Guns, bombs, and blackpowder production has been removed.  You must purchase it from the dwarves to make certain advanced devices (right now, only the rocket boots need it.)
Drills and buzzsaws have both a basic attack and a secondary attack.  The secondary attacks are very, very slow, but excellent at killing thick-skilled unconscious enemies.
Railguns are still awesome, and you can now order them in crates.  They are very expensive, though.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2015, 08:37:54 pm »

About powered workshops: If you want to use the new (with 40.x) "building-hacks" plugin then I have an extensive set ready to go that I would be happy to rework to not need Rubble, if you want to use a custom power plugin then if you provide a basic API I would happily port my workshop system so that it can work with it.

Before I can port my system to a custom plugin I would need the following API:

A way to get if the workshop is powered or not.
A way to get/set how much power the workshop should use.
A way to register callbacks that should be run periodically for each workshop of a specific type (possibly throttled based on available power?).

Beyond these things everything should work without changes for any powered workshop. My powered workshop API is extensive and includes all kinds of useful utilities for just about everything anyone could want. I have recently added an API for simple single input recipes (like what you would use for a mill, screw press, brewery, loom, etc) that is very easy to use and extend.

About the only reason I can see to roll your own powered workshop plugin (now that building-hacks has had a few tweaks) is to allow the possibility of workshops that use variable amounts of power. If that is important to you a stripped down version of the old machina script (with everything but the abilities I listed earlier removed) combined with my workshop APIs (after I made the needed changes of course) would save you a great deal of time and effort.

If you decide to take me up on this offer post in the Rubble thread (so I will be sure to see it).

I really liked gnomes, and would be delighted to help in any way I can.
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS
Pages: 1 2 [3]