Poll

No poll

Blah
- 10 (100%)
Bluh
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 41

Author Topic: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions  (Read 185352 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Succubus☼ - Masterwork Reborn
« Reply #105 on: March 15, 2015, 03:31:36 am »

I'd split it up. More noble-names mean more unique flavor, more unique graphics, and allow more options ingame for roleplaying. Maybe make the trader someone who seduces peoples, instead of the "keeper of secrets" A trader is someone who interacts with others a lot, not a reclusive bookkeeper. ;)

Something with beguile or bewitch comes into mind...
« Last Edit: March 15, 2015, 03:38:55 am by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: March 23, 2015, 03:46:15 am »

There is good arguments towards keeping the responsibilities separate but the vote tends towards merging the two roles... I'll need some time to decide.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 02, 2015, 12:13:00 pm »

Some progress report: The keeper of secret will only do book keeping and management as before. I made an attempt to make corruption less of a hassle by uncaging automatically the corrupted creatures, and making merchant abandon their wagon. This requires some more testing and it's really hard to get invaders or merchants now.

Edit: Aha! I got inva... oh zombies again.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 01:17:31 pm by Boltgun »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 05, 2015, 09:44:18 am »

So far so good, corrupting merchants now cause their pack animals to join the fort as well, as to avoid berserk yaks. The ones sitting on their wagon now jump off, scuttling it in the process. Something similar has been done for caged enemies, so corruption will require less micromanagement, run the reaction and everyone will be at your meeting hall a minute later.

Something not taken care off here are the trading items still sitting there 'for trade'. For now you will get an announcement hinting that you must destroy the depot to seize the goods. The wagon pullers will still leave your site, but that's less confusing as you will still get a message about merchants going on their journey lets assume that they are sent back home as a 'thank you' note.

I'll test that on the next goblin caravan before making a release. There is also a quick attempt at uncaging corrupted invaders automaticaly so you won't need to play with mechanisms when doing so, but no one paid me a visit despite being at their doorstep.

Spawnunit is still wonky so I'll implement magic first because pasting the old reaction and syndromes should do the trick.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2015, 09:46:34 am by Boltgun »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 15, 2015, 03:00:42 pm »

Updated the MW patch : https://github.com/Devduweb/DF-succubus/releases/download/fooccubus-11.2/succubus_mw_11.2.7z

Unzip the archive in the Dwarf fortress folder (with the Dwarf Fortress.exe), overwriting files then generate a new world to update.

Enjoy!
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 03:09:15 am by Boltgun »

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: April 23, 2015, 10:04:51 pm »

What is the patch supposed to do exactly? I installed it as described and I was then unable to activate succubi as a fort race. I can still set them as active, but they become grayed out under both fort and adv.

Emperor

• Bay Watcher
  • Time is fleeting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: April 24, 2015, 01:38:43 am »

What is the patch supposed to do exactly? I installed it as described and I was then unable to activate succubi as a fort race. I can still set them as active, but they become grayed out under both fort and adv.

I have the same issue...It is a bit strange, though - all the GUI tags are there, why aren't they working?
Maybe it has something to do with the file begin named "vanilla-patch", and perhaps it's not intended for use in MW?

P.S Tell, me, Boltgun - why always Foocubus?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: April 24, 2015, 03:07:16 am »

Try launching the game directly and generate a world. If you have no errorlog.text this should be fine. That'll be fixed in the next version.

Fooccubus was the I'd I originally used. It's no longer named this way in the files but I am keeping that on github for consistency.

Edit : Yes that was the wrong link, there you go : https://github.com/Devduweb/DF-succubus/releases/download/fooccubus-11.2/succubus_mw_11.2.7z
« Last Edit: April 24, 2015, 03:09:35 am by Boltgun »

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: April 24, 2015, 04:51:03 am »

I don't know how helpful it is to post this here: The link in the Manual is to the thread for the old version, not this thread (Manual packaged with MDF .40).

EDIT: Even with the new link, I still find myself unable to active fortress mode for succubi after installing the patch in the MDF launcher. I WAS however able to select them in fortress mode anyways. The patch does work, comrades, friends, brothers and sisters. It just has a slight visual glitch.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2015, 08:40:22 am by Rekov »

eliandarkbrood01

• Bay Watcher
  • @>-->--
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: April 27, 2015, 01:14:22 am »

Strange thing happened when I was making bone wheelbarrows at the bone carver's shop... Scheduled it once. No repeat or anything. Used up all of my bone(about 20) and made like 20 or so wheelbarrows... O.o Gonna try again when something else gets butchered.

Emperor

• Bay Watcher
  • Time is fleeting.
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: April 27, 2015, 01:52:36 am »

Strange thing happened when I was making bone wheelbarrows at the bone carver's shop... Scheduled it once. No repeat or anything. Used up all of my bone(about 20) and made like 20 or so wheelbarrows... O.o Gonna try again when something else gets butchered.

That's how bone crafting works in v40. Toady "fixed" bone stacks bug this way - in v34, crafting used a full stack of bones for a single item.

eliandarkbrood01

• Bay Watcher
  • @>-->--
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: April 27, 2015, 02:19:02 am »

Well... Now i have more wheelbarrows than succubi... (-.-)  Yeah... I just switched from the old MW to the new one... and forgot to check the changes in vanilla DF...

Edit: Btw... I had a bit of a thought for you, Boltgun... For the summons, is it the summoning that makes them to go hostile after saving/loading or is it the animals themselves? If you add them to embark and start with them, what happens then when you save and load? That should tell you if its the summoning of the creature or if its the creature itself. (Trying to stimulate your mind, lol. I would try this myself but I won't be on my computer tomorrow as I will be out of town.)

Edit: Well... Trip is canceled so... I get to have a bit of !FUN! experimenting...
Btw a fix for your patch:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Oh... And where do i go to change the pets available on embark?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 06:58:52 am by eliandarkbrood01 »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: April 27, 2015, 07:23:47 am »

Yes that's the new mechanic for bones on item per bone in the stack, bone industry is now super efficient. I'll leave to Meph to handle that as this is not a succubi special feature.

It's the summon that make them go hostile. Should you buy them at embark, they are fine. I tested by summoning dogs vs original dogs. I am watching over the various data to see what really differ but that's a needle in a haystack. I'll find out at some point.

To change the pets available, you need a special script called addPetToCiv, it is available in MDF 6.2 and need to be ported over MDF reborn. That should be easy.

And thank you for the fix, I'll add it asap.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #118 on: April 27, 2015, 08:10:39 am »

I'll just raise the amount of bones needed per item. Currently it is 1 per item, because it was 1 stack per item, but now it's 1 bone per item. It's easy to rebalance.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

eliandarkbrood01

• Bay Watcher
  • @>-->--
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: April 27, 2015, 10:03:52 am »

Ahh... Btw... Nahash's summon is screwed up (Throws an error: NAHASH NUM_5 NOT FOUND), tentacle monster summons 5 and continuing testing... And something I noticed with the summoned pets... They aren't tame in the pet menu. That could be whats causing your issue... Gonna scrub through the summon script to see if I can find anything.

Edit: Found the spot where it is supposed to domesticate, but I don't see anything wrong, unless "domesticated" is supposed to be something else...
Oh... and you may want to change the cost of tentacle monsters... 1 leather and 1 drink for 5 tentacle monsters, slaughter them and get 6 pieces of leather each. Lol.
I will continue experimenting and exploring files tomorrow. (in japan currently and its after midnight... :p)
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 10:19:01 am by eliandarkbrood01 »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 41