Poll

No poll

Blah
- 10 (100%)
Bluh
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 41

Author Topic: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions  (Read 187945 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubus☼ - Masterwork Reborn
« Reply #120 on: April 27, 2015, 11:21:42 am »

You're supposed to get only one tentacle monster but the nahash attempt stuck the script at 5 spawns. I'll fix that so it resets between summons. The current costs are placeholders since many of the items from the old MW have been removed.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 11:26:22 am by Boltgun »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #121 on: April 27, 2015, 07:16:22 pm »

Wait, what? How do you do pet summonings without spawnunit? Resurrected/Transformed bodyparts/pets?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

eliandarkbrood01

• Bay Watcher
  • @>-->--
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: April 27, 2015, 08:53:44 pm »

He has the works in place for his summoning circle but just didn't have it enabled. I enabled it. He is using spawnunit in a script but I am attempting to debug his script and I think I may see the issue, but I am rusty on LUA... Give me a bit and I may have a fix for you.

Edit: Found some issues
Check the spoilers.

The hostile summons:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Going to test it myself this afternoon. Don't have time currently.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2015, 09:10:59 pm by eliandarkbrood01 »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: April 28, 2015, 02:42:29 am »

It seems that the script was updated but not the raws : Here are the latest version of everything, you can put that in your raw folder and try again in a new world.

Link : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8QFWS9tHkaaTmhpNGQ1aS1OQTA/view?usp=sharing

I tried debugging that again, comparing a pet bought at embark with a summoned one. One difference is that summoned pets are historical figures and bought ones are not. But after modifying spawnunit to create non historical pets, the bug remains.

I found one weird artifact : In relations, your 'natural' units have a mount_type set to a number that has nothing to do with mounts. I got a 24 on a succubus, and a 4 digits on a pet, while summoned one has -1 as intended. For info, mount_type should be set between -1 and 4 to say if a creature is riding a beast or pulling a wagon, so clearly there is something fishy going on.

Otherwise, I suspect that the issue lies outside the creature itself. Perhaps the game maintains a list of fort members somewhere and the creature must be added there.

Edit: I finally firgured out these values must be set on the unit:
    unit.enemy.anon_4 = -1
    unit.enemy.anon_5 = -1
    unit.enemy.anon_6 = -1

And it stays nice and tame on save reload. I need to clean up the script and add a couple of missing features and the summoning will be available out of the box.

Next up is AddPetToCiv to remove cats and dogs and replace them with fire imps and orthi.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2015, 03:19:19 pm by Boltgun »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #124 on: April 28, 2015, 08:04:39 pm »

YES!

Next up is AddPetToCiv to remove cats and dogs and replace them with fire imps and orthi.
The only way to remove pets is to remove the pet or common_domestic tags from them. In Masterwork 6.2 I had no common_domestic pets at all, I individually added all pets by hand with AddPetToCiv.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: April 29, 2015, 06:33:57 am »

This might be quite a silly question, but what the heck. Nightmares show up to me as red capital H, even though there's a graphic for them in the raws. Do I have something wrong, or is this currently a thing?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: April 29, 2015, 07:06:40 am »

It should be a thing, did you switch the graphic pack in the launcher?

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: April 29, 2015, 08:00:10 am »

I don't think so. I changed the Color setting, but unless I did so accidentally, I didn't change any of the others.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: April 29, 2015, 03:29:24 pm »

I'll try with these asap and see if it deletes the creature graphics.

On the other hand the pet adding scripts works with a minimum of changes, it will be usable from onLoad.init instead of direct edition. I'll try playing a fort to see if caravan issues still happens.

Good news: Do you remember when using AddPullToCiv on an petless civ caused empty caravans? This does not happen anymore.
Good news 2: This fixes the dark fortresses bad fps in adv mode.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2015, 04:46:55 pm by Boltgun »

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: April 30, 2015, 12:14:19 am »

I hope this helps.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #130 on: April 30, 2015, 12:15:35 am »

Good news: Do you remember when using AddPullToCiv on an petless civ caused empty caravans? This does not happen anymore.
Good news 2: This fixes the dark fortresses bad fps in adv mode.
Even the caravans without wagon?

And how does it help the FPS?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: April 30, 2015, 04:48:58 am »

Ah, I did not test ones without wagons. So pack animals may still be empty. I'll try again.

Dark fortress are generated with an underground layer filled with trolls, thousands of them. Not giving succubi such creatures during the worldgen culls this (fairly ueseless) population, restoring FPS to sane levels.

There is probably no pet creature in succubi settlements, but that's ok. This can be inserted back if I go and fiddle with settlements during the game.
« Last Edit: April 30, 2015, 04:50:47 am by Boltgun »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: May 03, 2015, 09:52:35 am »

Here you go Update 12 with summoning working! Also, portals, gem cutting and archeology.

To update, first you must update to DFHACK R3. The current release uses R1. You can do that by heading to the dfhack thread, downloading the latest version and extracting in the Dwarf Fortress folder, overwriting whatever it need to overwrite.

Then you can do the same with the patch. Download it by clicking on this handy link then extracting it on the Dwarf Fortress subfolder.

See this post for more details on changes.

Now the technobabble. First, I have a weird bug on windows where some arguments in the summoning script are switched and misnamed. I'm sure it's a dfhack bug, but I might go back and recode it in a simpler way to avoid this. This probably means no more LUA_HOOK in the future.

AddPetToCiv (mount, pull...) have been updated to be used from the onLoad.init. I ported over the kobold pets already.

Edit: I dientified the issue with the nightmare graphics. The file in raw/graphics/boltgun_summon.txt is outdated, a new one is already included in the patch.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2015, 02:51:42 am by Boltgun »

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: May 04, 2015, 06:48:49 am »

You're the best, Boltgun. Tack!!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #134 on: May 08, 2015, 03:26:56 am »

YES! I could hug you, if I knew where you lived. :P
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 41