Poll

No poll

Blah
- 10 (100%)
Bluh
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 41

Author Topic: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions  (Read 187610 times)

eliandarkbrood01

• Bay Watcher
  • @>-->--
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubus☼ - Masterwork Reborn
« Reply #135 on: May 09, 2015, 10:05:47 am »

Testing everything out in just a few mins... :) You are awesome man.  8)

Edit: Metalurgist forge needs iron cauldrons and they cannot be created. For anyone who wants the metalurgist (magma or regular) use the DFHack command createitem TOOL:ITEM_TOOL_CAULDRON IRON 2
« Last Edit: May 10, 2015, 08:36:20 am by eliandarkbrood01 »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: May 11, 2015, 02:21:49 am »

Ow I missed that, the cauldrons will be added asap.

eliandarkbrood01

• Bay Watcher
  • @>-->--
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: May 11, 2015, 03:16:39 am »

Hey, thats what I am here for. I tend to find small bugs in everything. Side note... Currently playing a game... Dug down an extra level in my fort for another area to dig out for nobles... straight into a cave. After a few minutes... A giant cave spider crawls out and attacks my smith at my magma forge. My smith and my Lady of Pain (without a weapon yet as the smith was working on my first blade whip) attack and spider attacked once, missing, and then dodged straight into magma. Win!

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: May 11, 2015, 05:23:29 am »

Nice, good to see that they are still agile and slippery.

eliandarkbrood01

• Bay Watcher
  • @>-->--
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: May 12, 2015, 06:08:12 am »

Hmm... I just encountered "syndrome stone (succubus)" while mining...O.o Mining creates puffs of seemingly harmless smoke... Should I be concerned?

Side note: same miner from earlier was my last survivor... Waited for migrants.... next season: Undead.   Got her to get armor... and went out to meet them... DFmon only got a single dodge... telling me she dodged right into a cage trap. Wonderful way to have !FUN!

Side side note... : Orthi give birth to full grown orthi... O.o? Just got triplets and twins so I went to set up autobutcher, and No kids... a bunch of adults though...
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 07:07:21 am by eliandarkbrood01 »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: May 12, 2015, 07:25:16 am »

I'll check the orthi, for the stone you probably have a duplicate entry. As told in another thread it seems that changing tilesets causes that.

eliandarkbrood01

• Bay Watcher
  • @>-->--
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 12, 2015, 07:58:30 am »

I will look... but I never changed the tileset. And nahashes do it too.
« Last Edit: May 12, 2015, 08:16:35 am by eliandarkbrood01 »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 15, 2015, 02:16:05 am »

I fixed the pets being borns as adults. Nahashes had this issues and frog demons as well. I also added cauldrons and made it a requirement for the floating glass furnace as well. This week end I'll review the summoning to avoid a potential issue and make a release.

Then I'll move on the next step that is powers. In 6.2 those were quite OP (see Nukeacitrus stream if you want to know what I mean), and while I would be hard to make fire less powerful, the powers will divided into major and minor ones to prevent the creation of supersuccubi.

A major power is a secret that will change the succubus title (pyromancer, courtesan, etc.). It provides a batch of interactions themed to a sphere and acquiring one should be a long work. A succubus can only have one secret and its choice is final. Ie. Fire (fireballs and jets), Lust (buffs according to moon phase and situations), Depravity (debuff enemies), Blight (noxious gases, sickness), etc.

Minor powers are additional moves that provides marginal advantages to the field. Ie. Berserk rage, battle excitement (buffs according to stress level), group phasing (teleports the succubus and her nearby squadmates to target), etc. Those will be cheaper to produce but will be limited to one per succubi so you can have a combo of a secret + one addon.

In addition I want to add some content for adv mode. Namely you will be able to write books about the powers and adventurers should be able to grab those to learn the moves. I hope to tie this to the knowledge system once it is released.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2015, 02:31:17 am by Boltgun »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 18, 2015, 04:25:52 pm »

There you go, all the bugfixes in one package. It also feature some technical changes that should solve some gotcha in making summoning work in MDF (and windows in general), also it fixes combusting caravans, again.

https://github.com/Devduweb/DF-succubus/releases/download/fooccubus-12.1/succubus-masterwork-12-1.7z

Remember, if you upgrade a fresh copy of masterwork reborn 0.6, remember to upgrade to dfhack r3.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #144 on: May 22, 2015, 10:58:24 am »

Can I drag&drop this over the current 0.6 release, update dfhack, and release it?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: May 22, 2015, 03:24:02 pm »

Yes, you can.

Dramegno

• Bay Watcher
  • Gobo the other white meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: May 23, 2015, 01:48:17 pm »

I am making my first big mod and I would like to get a couple pointers before I dive into the magma sea. a part of the civ/caste that I want to do is have them assimilate into other civs and be able to have offspring in a similar style that it appears the succubi and the night trolls use but in reverse like a doppelganger if you will.
basically in short form this is what I want the mod creature to do.
be able to enter a map with migrant waves and/or separately
have them be able to get into relationships with the inhabitants
have offspring preferably half-breeds

basically any starting tips would be appreated.
So, it's AnimaRytak, mighty Void God, versus the greatest cluster[FOWL] my incompetence can engineer.

I will be so god damn proud if AMBASSADOR bites your head off.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #147 on: May 24, 2015, 11:06:43 am »

I am making my first big mod and I would like to get a couple pointers before I dive into the magma sea. a part of the civ/caste that I want to do is have them assimilate into other civs and be able to have offspring in a similar style that it appears the succubi and the night trolls use but in reverse like a doppelganger if you will.
basically in short form this is what I want the mod creature to do.
be able to enter a map with migrant waves and/or separately
have them be able to get into relationships with the inhabitants
have offspring preferably half-breeds

basically any starting tips would be appreated.

What you describe can not be done. You can make a creature that does this, simulated with scripts and interactions, but you can not do a civ like this. What do you want to use them for? Play as their race, or have them as kinda-secretish invaders?

The later one does work, I do have something similar in the old Masterwork.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: May 24, 2015, 02:04:49 pm »

To complete Meph's answer let's divide what you want to do and see what the game provides.

- Putting another creature inside a civ. Not possible, at least not until the tavern update. In a fort only your race will answer orders. It is possible to mix civ creature but for now it's only by having a civ of doppelganger that goes to war during world gen.

- Being able to enter with migrant waves: The only known ability that does this is vampirism. You'll need an interaction classified as a curse from gods, with spheres matching the civs. Then individuals will topple temples and become cursed in world gen. Interactions are quite supple, you can make them transform into the targetat some point. Then only creatures of your civ will enter the map under a fake identity.

- Being able to have relashionships, yes and at the same they'll fake some like they are vampires.

- Have half breed offsprings. Nope, no way to do that or I would have used that already. Creatures will only give birth to something of their race, using caste ratios. :P

Dramegno

• Bay Watcher
  • Gobo the other white meat
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: May 24, 2015, 08:38:52 pm »

Is their any way to put some sort of requirement on the breeding ratios to make it that half-bloods only happen from inter-caste breeding?

Also is their a way to do the opposite of a curse like some sort of bestowed gift or do I have to treat it like a regular curse?
and if so is their a way to create some-sort of were-dwarf or equivalent and make it where a domesticated animal lets say a cat will spawn with a chance of having a were-dwarf curse, and not have it go beserk when it transforms or is that kind of reaction not possable.
So, it's AnimaRytak, mighty Void God, versus the greatest cluster[FOWL] my incompetence can engineer.

I will be so god damn proud if AMBASSADOR bites your head off.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10] 11 12 ... 41