Poll

No poll

Blah
- 10 (100%)
Bluh
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 41

Author Topic: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions  (Read 187758 times)

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubus☼ - Masterwork Reborn
« Reply #165 on: June 04, 2015, 09:57:05 pm »

I had no water access at the time and it was actually the failed magma well. I had left it on Magma Small /R by accident and they kept trying to clean themselves at it. It wasn't filling the room since they had to wait for the lava on it dissipate before running it again, but there was enough going down the grates for them to make a go at having a hot bath.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: June 05, 2015, 02:53:33 am »

This is great, and there is a chance that after fixing heat immunity they take actual magma baths.

Sadlycraftful

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: June 24, 2015, 07:39:07 pm »

I was trying out the Succubus race while doing so my miners dropped their pickaxes and stopped mining. I tried turning the mining skill off/on in Dwarf Therapist and with various succubus with no success in getting them to mine again, I also made a few more pickaxes which were ignored. I checked to make sure the pickaxes were not forbidden. If anyone can help me with this issue it would be nice as I would like to continue the fortress without having to abandon it or even reinstall Masterwork Dwarf Fortress.

On a side note a previous fortress of mine (Dwarf) also had a similar problem where my lumberjacks wouldn't pick up their axes and cut down trees. While this was quite saddening I was able to play around it with farming trees instead.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: June 25, 2015, 01:58:16 am »

Did you put the miners into a military squad by any chance? This is known to cause them to ignore their tools.

Sadlycraftful

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: June 27, 2015, 04:56:54 pm »

Thanks for the information, yes I had set my succubi in a military squad to drive off some pesky undead.

Muxia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: July 23, 2015, 10:57:09 am »

Why I cannot make Hive, Nestbox or steepladder?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: July 24, 2015, 03:28:17 am »

Why I cannot make Hive, Nestbox or steepladder?

Because I forgot them initially. If you are not afraid to manipulate files, you can download the updated version and unzip it in the "Dwarf Fortress" subfolder, then gen a new world.

You'll also get new stuff this way like the summoning portal.

Muxia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: July 24, 2015, 10:56:12 am »

I downloaded the masterwork reborn pack and unzip the updated version in the "dwarf fortress" subfolder, however, after I chose the succubus race in masterwork settings and get into the game, I found that I still playing dwarfs..

Blightedmarsh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: July 24, 2015, 12:03:19 pm »

did you remember to disable dwarfs in your civ settings?

Muxia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: July 24, 2015, 12:26:08 pm »

I disabled the dwarfs Fort not the civ

ApocoH

• Escaped Lunatic
  • ... from a darker world
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: July 24, 2015, 02:16:15 pm »

Hey Boltgun. I appreciate all of your fantastic work.

I understand that this mod is designed to remain safe for work and that illicit situations are implied rather than described in detail, but I have a massive list of suggestions that may or may not be rather explicit. I played MDF v6.0 a little while back and made this list, then recently stumbled upon it again and found it to be rather interesting. So I'll be honest. A lot of it might already be outdated, impossible, or just plain out of the question since it might be considered perverted, but I figured I'd ask since you might find some value in it due to the fact that it is from another person's perspective.

Should I post it here? Or message you since it's gigantic and I don't beat around the bush when it comes to talking about succubus society and sex?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: July 24, 2015, 04:19:34 pm »

Hello Apoco,

The mod was more explicit in its first versions but it has been toned down to make it belong more into Masterwork DF (and bugs). Managing sexual themes is a bit tricky. First because DF is a violent game and its systemic nature will generate situations you did not want to generate in the first place, and secondly because not everyone here is adult and I should not expose some of the players to what they are not allowed to.

That's why I am turning around the issue, using suggestive wording that leads us to the same result but with imagination instead, as the game is meant to do.

Plus that's indirectly invoking Meph's responsibility because he integrates the mod inside his own work. To be honest I was expected to be moderated at first but it's nice to see that you liked it so much and even get suggestions for the mod. In fact you were all more eager that I imagined. :)

I am taking all suggestions, even unsafe ones. It is a good time for that because I am redesigning the temple of sin and with that building, the powers you can give to your succubi so it is full of opportunities, especially considering that the next update to DF will introduce mood altering syndromes. But it's better if you could send me nsfw suggestion by PM, you will be more free to expose what you'd like in private anyway.

Thanks

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #177 on: July 24, 2015, 11:57:50 pm »

I'm ok with this. Post away.

The only thing I needed to change in the mod were the concubines, because the game also had kids of that caste. NSFW content will be fine, if there is something too explicit (especially abuseable things in adv mode), I'll say something.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: July 25, 2015, 02:21:49 am »

Also to answer Muxia, if you put the update double check the selected race before embarking by pressing tab until you see the list of neighbors. If it does not put demons first then you have another race selected.

Otherwise disabling the race for fort was the way to go so if you have more troubles with that, you can send me a save and I'll fix it up for you.

Muxia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: July 25, 2015, 04:02:29 am »

I tried again and this time it works....do not know why..but thanks for ur help.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 41