Poll

No poll

Blah
- 10 (100%)
Bluh
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 41

Author Topic: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions  (Read 187686 times)

ApocoH

• Escaped Lunatic
  • ... from a darker world
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubus☼ - Masterwork Reborn
« Reply #180 on: July 25, 2015, 04:24:38 am »

I'm ok with this. Post away.

The only thing I needed to change in the mod were the concubines, because the game also had kids of that caste. NSFW content will be fine, if there is something too explicit (especially abuseable things in adv mode), I'll say something.
Right on. I pmed Boltgun. There's a few things that we could discuss in public, like having the conversion process be based solely around prisoners being converted straight to your citizen's list, similar to how you would train animals, rather than having to build the den of iniquity and do some shinanigans. I understand that it's probably really difficult to code, so it's a workaround of sorts, but if it were possible this way instead, I feel it would improve the gameplay quite a bit. I'll get to this later though.

IAmTheMadLord

• Bay Watcher
  • I sure do love lunchtime and cutting off thumbs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: August 15, 2015, 06:03:01 pm »

So... I had a troglodyte break into my fortress, and a bunch of succubi ran after it. when they started meleeing it, it exploded into magma and fire. in the middle of my wood stockpile. anyone have an idea of why this happened? these were utterly unupgraded succubi, I just drafted them all when I noticed all the trogs in my base.

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #182 on: August 15, 2015, 07:44:48 pm »

Soo..wtf happened to the succubi?  Every time I attempt to play them, they're missing essential buildings and can't even build minecarts or wheelbarrows!

I've tried deleting masterwork, downloading again and re-installing but the issue continues.  I even exported select files from the stand-alone succubi mod but it doesn't play nice when attempting to mix with masterwork files.

Edit: Nevermind my "derp."  It pays to read the whole thread..or, you know, one page back! Works fine, now.
« Last Edit: August 15, 2015, 08:33:07 pm by Treason »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: August 16, 2015, 04:50:03 am »

Soo..wtf happened to the succubi?  Every time I attempt to play them, they're missing essential buildings and can't even build minecarts or wheelbarrows!

I've tried deleting masterwork, downloading again and re-installing but the issue continues.  I even exported select files from the stand-alone succubi mod but it doesn't play nice when attempting to mix with masterwork files.

Edit: Nevermind my "derp."  It pays to read the whole thread..or, you know, one page back! Works fine, now.

Yes the one bundled with masterwork reborn is very barebones, updating it will help you.

Edit: I added a warning message in the OP.

So... I had a troglodyte break into my fortress, and a bunch of succubi ran after it. when they started meleeing it, it exploded into magma and fire. in the middle of my wood stockpile. anyone have an idea of why this happened? these were utterly unupgraded succubi, I just drafted them all when I noticed all the trogs in my base.

SUccubi randomly lit their targets on fire. I did not figure the cause of this but currently temperature is a bit buggy (and tbh I don't want to fix that, it's funny).
« Last Edit: August 16, 2015, 05:00:04 am by Boltgun »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #184 on: August 16, 2015, 10:40:46 am »

If they have a melee attack that injects a material, and the material is not declared, they inject the first inorganic material in the raws, which is a rock... in liquid form... aka... MAGMA!, instantly killing the target and setting stuff on fire.

Happened to my kobolds once.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

IAmTheMadLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: August 16, 2015, 05:29:12 pm »

Well yeah it's funny when troglodytes explode into fire, but... not when they're in the middle of my stockpiles! although I suppose it was just my wood stocks, and there's not exactly any shortage of that material.  I'm just glad they didn't explode in my animal stockpile, that had like 5 caged trolls in it.

IAmTheMadLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: August 17, 2015, 01:16:19 am »

So I downloaded and exported in that link in the OP... but now when I select succubi to be the only fortressable race in-game it just makes me dwarves. literally no changes, I'm just playing as dwarves. any ideas what's going wrong? I'm definitely using the most recent masterwork reborn, and I created a new world with succubi being the only selected race in the Masterwork Settings.

Edit: tried exporting again, apparently only half the files actually exported for whatever reason, and fixing that solved it. GG, 7-zip. GG.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2015, 01:24:38 am by IAmTheMadLord »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: August 17, 2015, 02:15:22 am »

Strange, this is not the first time the archive was half extracted during an update.

IAmTheMadLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: August 17, 2015, 03:22:11 am »

It's possible it's not quite overwriting correctly, and only some of the files are actually getting implemented, in which case it's the fault of the extraction program.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: August 17, 2015, 04:58:41 am »

My copy of 7-zip started doing stuff like that a few years ago, so I switched to J-zip and haven't gotten any further extraction problems.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: August 23, 2015, 10:16:51 pm »

I must be doing something wrong, or my Succubi are abnormally..."friendly."  Even after years of work and plenty of exporting wealth, I have yet to see a siege show up.  Even being surrounded by hostile civs.

Getting a fort to last several years is a struggle, though.  So..many..desktop crashes...

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #191 on: August 24, 2015, 12:15:47 am »

I must be doing something wrong, or my Succubi are abnormally..."friendly."  Even after years of work and plenty of exporting wealth, I have yet to see a siege show up.  Even being surrounded by hostile civs.

Getting a fort to last several years is a struggle, though.  So..many..desktop crashes...
Dammit, why are there even crashes? Reborn should be super stable, there are no bugs in the raws, less dfhack scripts, newer DF version, no .exe-patching...
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: August 24, 2015, 04:59:40 am »

Dammit, why are there even crashes? Reborn should be super stable, there are no bugs in the raws, less dfhack scripts, newer DF version, no .exe-patching...

I think df, or dfhack, or twbt, or other module is plain crashy on some systems. Might be a specific chipset, a vendor program, the video card or anything that I sure don't have on my systems.

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: August 24, 2015, 05:58:17 pm »

I blame Windows 8.  Normally, MW is exceptionally stable for me as you as well, as you both have noted.

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: August 29, 2015, 03:58:32 pm »

I haven't changed any raws, I haven't been altering the landscape with dfhack and yet it's still crashing left and right :( 

Most seem to be occur when I access the building menus and try to select something to build.  Boom, crash.  Randomness.

..And I'm still getting these "succubi syndrome" stone layers, despite a clean install and going over the installation of the prior patches with a fine-toothed comb to prevent duplicate raws.

I'm blaming Windows 8, still..or the Government..or a wizard.
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 [13] 14 15 ... 41