Poll

No poll

Blah
- 10 (100%)
Bluh
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 41

Author Topic: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions  (Read 187326 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Succubus☼ - Masterwork Reborn
« Reply #195 on: August 29, 2015, 06:56:05 pm »

Most seem to be occur when I access the building menus and try to select something to build.  Boom, crash.  Randomness.
I remember that one from linux and mac, when using True-type-font. Shouldnt happen at all with Twbt.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: August 29, 2015, 07:04:44 pm »

Most seem to be occur when I access the building menus and try to select something to build.  Boom, crash.  Randomness.
I remember that one from linux and mac, when using True-type-font. Shouldnt happen at all with Twbt.

I don't even have it active!  True-type, I mean.

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: August 30, 2015, 11:06:44 am »

As much as I love MWDF, I can't play it anymore.

Something about my machine does not like it.  I'm now crashing when I even attempt to move the courser around, and when I let it sit paused.

Shelving my dungeons until I figure out what the heck is screwing up my game.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #198 on: August 30, 2015, 01:26:49 pm »

As much as I love MWDF, I can't play it anymore.

Something about my machine does not like it.  I'm now crashing when I even attempt to move the courser around, and when I let it sit paused.

Shelving my dungeons until I figure out what the heck is screwing up my game.
Could you give me more info about your machine, OS, mod version, etc?

Did you try running it without dfhack?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: August 30, 2015, 01:55:21 pm »

Nasus Laptop

Windows 8.1
Processor: Intel Core i7-4710HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz
RAM: 12.0 GB
64-bit

Mod version: Masterwork Reborn v0.06, with the updates provided by Boltgun for the Succubus.

I've not tried launching without dfhack running.  I've been experimenting with different utilities open and closed, maps generated by perfect world vs. the game, computer settings, etc.

Crashing so far seems dependent on the generated world.  I've had worlds generated with the same seed and settings that played completely crash free, and I've had others produce the crashes I've been describing at a horrendous rate.

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: August 30, 2015, 05:28:33 pm »

I may have found my issue...further testing is going to be required, but I think I found it.

..I'm a disgrace to my career, though.  I failed to do one of the top 3 steps all tech support professionals will tell you.

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: August 30, 2015, 07:58:35 pm »

I may have found my issue...further testing is going to be required, but I think I found it.

..I'm a disgrace to my career, though.  I failed to do one of the top 3 steps all tech support professionals will tell you.

restart that damn machine! ><

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: August 30, 2015, 08:21:10 pm »

restart that damn machine! ><

I did.

My game played wonderfully for several hours.

Then the "crash when attempting to build" and "random crash while game is paused and doing nothing" came back.

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: September 02, 2015, 06:59:48 pm »

am able to reproduce the crash by using df hack's building commands (boxes - hollowed and not) walls and floors, sometimes they work. sometimes they just crash soon after some construction begins, generally after the 10th or so block is placed

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nzrs0n19k6bonpb/dwarffortressmapcrash.7z?dl=0 (its dwarves not succubi but still... the proof, game crashes (forme) 4 out of 4 times about 5 mins into game)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #204 on: September 02, 2015, 07:10:16 pm »

am able to reproduce the crash by using df hack's building commands (boxes - hollowed and not) walls and floors, sometimes they work. sometimes they just crash soon after some construction begins, generally after the 10th or so block is placed

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nzrs0n19k6bonpb/dwarffortressmapcrash.7z?dl=0 (its dwarves not succubi but still... the proof, game crashes (forme) 4 out of 4 times about 5 mins into game)
This should probably be reported to the dfhack crew.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: September 03, 2015, 07:59:12 am »

I get crashes when building outdoor, using dfhack or not. It's related to trees afaik.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #206 on: September 03, 2015, 08:27:51 am »

I get crashes when building outdoor, using dfhack or not. It's related to trees afaik.
Yes, that is known vanilla DF crash.

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: September 12, 2015, 12:01:52 pm »

In regards to the crashes I've been experiencing.

I took my Masterwork folder off the laptop, Win 8, which I had been using it on and put it on my desktop, Win 7.

Same map, same features, settings, etc.

So far, after 10 years on a single fort, I can happily report 0 crashes.

The oddest thing is that my laptop's hardware is actually a bit better than my desktop.  More RAM, more space, better processor, higher graphics card, etc.

Once again, I am going to have to blame Windows 8.

Curious Key

• Bay Watcher
  • Stumbling belligerence-first through life.
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: September 13, 2015, 01:05:51 am »

I took my Masterwork folder off the laptop, Win 8, which I had been using it on and put it on my desktop, Win 7.

The oddest thing is that my laptop's hardware is actually a bit better than my desktop.  More RAM, more space, better processor, higher graphics card, etc.

Couldn't give you any hard facts, but my observations of people commenting about crashes of both vanilla and modded df is that most of them have been due to windows 8. It's a demonstrably worse operating system from a gamers perspective.

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: September 13, 2015, 04:42:02 pm »

Couldn't give you any hard facts, but my observations of people commenting about crashes of both vanilla and modded df is that most of them have been due to windows 8. It's a demonstrably worse operating system from a gamers perspective.

It's Microsoft following it's old pattern where Windows is concerned, unfortunately.  One version will be good, fairly stable and very usable.  The next version (promising to be so much better) is crap when compared to it's predecessor and never does catch up before the NEXT version is released, which will be the next stable, usable version everyone goes for.
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 41