Poll

No poll

Blah
- 10 (100%)
Bluh
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 41

Author Topic: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions  (Read 187927 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubus☼ - Masterwork Reborn
« Reply #210 on: September 14, 2015, 03:52:38 am »

It's Microsoft following it's old pattern where Windows is concerned, unfortunately.  One version will be good, fairly stable and very usable.  The next version (promising to be so much better) is crap when compared to it's predecessor and never does catch up before the NEXT version is released, which will be the next stable, usable version everyone goes for.

That's the Windows cycle. Sales are stagnating -> MS makes something 'fresh' and 'new' -> we're lost + apps stop working -> MS restore windows XP interface -> we're good -> sales are stagnating...

Isngrim

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: September 14, 2015, 09:40:59 am »

It's Microsoft following it's old pattern where Windows is concerned, unfortunately.  One version will be good, fairly stable and very usable.  The next version (promising to be so much better) is crap when compared to it's predecessor and never does catch up before the NEXT version is released, which will be the next stable, usable version everyone goes for.

That's the Windows cycle. Sales are stagnating -> MS makes something 'fresh' and 'new' -> we're lost + apps stop working -> MS restore windows XP interface -> we're good -> sales are stagnating...
At least its not Vista.
08:43 PM The wild animals and insects sang a merry tune and the trees performed a dance. I know you're trying to cheer me up, Vishnu, but that was actually a bit creepy.-Rhons

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: September 14, 2015, 05:50:19 pm »

Windows jokes aside, I do have a question about the Succubi in Reborn.

Was Summoning altered in such a way that you require a different unit to spawn from, or does the lua script spawnunit provide for this without a "caged chicken" nearby to turn into the creature you are calling?  So far, I've yet to successfully summon so much as a Nightmare, and I've only got access to Nightmares and Frog demons, and they only being available at embark.

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: September 14, 2015, 07:31:43 pm »

Windows jokes aside, I do have a question about the Succubi in Reborn.

Was Summoning altered in such a way that you require a different unit to spawn from, or does the lua script spawnunit provide for this without a "caged chicken" nearby to turn into the creature you are calling?  So far, I've yet to successfully summon so much as a Nightmare, and I've only got access to Nightmares and Frog demons, and they only being available at embark.

You know..a lot of my problems would probably be solved a whole lot sooner and easier if I had a greater eye for details and a greater attention span.  Cursed ADHD!

I'm updating to dhack r3..how much you wanna bet this solves a lot of my other issues?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: September 15, 2015, 05:03:38 am »

You must update to dfhack r3 for sure, also you do not need transforming stuff to summon. The creatures are created out of thin air.

Bodyless

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: September 16, 2015, 02:27:50 pm »

Not sure if your mod is to blame but i did update to DFHack R3 und i get a repeatable crash in my succubi fort when the next Goblin caravan arrives:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kk2pz1erc0b30is/region3.7z?dl=0
Shortly before the crash, a pack animal explodes when entering the map. So that might be the cause.

Vorbalok

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: September 23, 2015, 04:43:04 pm »

I was wondering if I could get some help with the Succubus. Apologies if this is the wrong place to ask.

I'm not seeing all the buildings listed in the help file for Succubi. Maybe i'm missing something obvious, but I couldn't find anything in the help.

I have installed the latest Masterwork, as well as the latest Succubus update I could find from here on the forums.

Under workshops I have access to: Bonecarver, Archeologist, Den of Iniquity and Summoning Portal. Which are all obviously non-standard.
Under furnace I have: Magma metalurgist, underworld drill, floating glass furnace and both portals. Obviously all of these are from the mod? I assume. Maybe some come from Masterwork.

What I can't find are any of the Temples or the Soul well anywhere in the build menu. Can anyone tell me where those things should be, or are they not implemented? Can anyone give me a screenshot of what their build menu looks like if it does have these things.

I appreciate any help in advance.

p.s. I'd also love to be pointed in the direction of any Succubus tutorial that applies to the current work, if someone knows of a good one.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: September 24, 2015, 04:22:19 am »

Not all the buildings are implemented yet so your list is correct. You should have the magma well too. The power temples are planned for the next version and the soul system will be added afterwards.

Help and tutorials are in progress so currently the best is to make a vanilla style fort for a start. You do not have to militarize early anymore since early sieges are gone.

Many of the buildings use magma so the best way to do it is to build a magma well in a large empty space, at a distance of at least 10 from other rooms, then channel some trenches around that can be secured with grates. Then you generate a large magma circle (which will leak everywhere but don't worry, succubi are immune). Go crazy with magma, make waterfalls, traps, wathever. The only limitation is that the succubi will not walk through puddles but a few backup tunnels will fix that for you.

Afterward the the underworld drill or the floating glass furnace will give you building materials, then it will time to hunt for metals. Make food or brass trinkets if you cannotfind armor grade metals to buy iron items. You cannot make steel anyway.

The summoning circle is also useful if you take the time to gather the required resources, all the creatures there will help with defense and can generate resources.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2015, 04:24:35 am by Boltgun »

Vorbalok

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: September 24, 2015, 11:49:05 am »

OK, good to know. I guess I misunderstood what all was working and what wasn't.

Thanks for the reply. I'm really interested in the mod, I look forward to seeing where it goes in the future.

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: October 11, 2015, 08:41:10 pm »

I vaguely recall succubi being immune to evil rains. Is this still the case?

Are succubi just better at surviving evil biomes, or do they actually benefit from being in them in any way?

Are succubi affected by cave adaption, and is it any different than with dwarves?
« Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 10:53:37 pm by Rekov »

Muxia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: October 12, 2015, 07:18:23 pm »

Why my succubi not use pot as a container as barrel? I remember it should possible but none of them use pot...

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: October 13, 2015, 04:18:58 am »

I vaguely recall succubi being immune to evil rains. Is this still the case?

Are succubi just better at surviving evil biomes, or do they actually benefit from being in them in any way?

Are succubi affected by cave adaption, and is it any different than with dwarves?

They are not immune anymore, I don't think it is possible to protect them from randomly generated rains. Adding custom ones will help because they may replace worldgen ones.

For now there are the black roses that can be picked in evil biomes, their alcohol provides a little boost. Otherwise the evil biomes are a bit underdeveloped, for now.

Cave adapation has no effect, excepted for corrupted dwarves who keep this feature.

Why my succubi not use pot as a container as barrel? I remember it should possible but none of them use pot...

That's strange, you made rock pots? Then they should stock food and drinks in them. Did you set workshops to take from specific piles?

If you made clay pots, they must be glazed first.

Muxia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: October 13, 2015, 07:52:49 pm »

They use pot, I double checked. Just they dont use it as frequently as barrel. Another question is where can I store my gem made furniture. There is no "gem made" material option for furnitures in the stockpile. Thanks.

Mirrond

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: October 14, 2015, 03:50:20 pm »

Eh, for some reason the game crashes while reaching the end of worldgen. Any ideas?

Nevermind, I'm an idiot and didn't notice the "Reborn" part in the name of the mod :P Gonna try it properly.
« Last Edit: October 14, 2015, 04:20:41 pm by Mirrond »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: October 21, 2015, 09:36:30 am »

They use pot, I double checked. Just they dont use it as frequently as barrel. Another question is where can I store my gem made furniture. There is no "gem made" material option for furnitures in the stockpile. Thanks.

Vanilla df does not allow gem furniture so I guess the option is simply not there. That's a quirk of making gem furniture.

I started working on the mod again. First thing was to take care of the magma well. It no longer spawns a ton of magma over the worker but instead fills any holes nearby, making it much cleaner.

You could make it a trap too by building it over a room or something.

Update: Also a minor stuff, but brewing magma is back. Of course only succubi can drink it.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2015, 04:03:08 am by Boltgun »
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 41