Poll

No poll

Blah
- 10 (100%)
Bluh
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 41

Author Topic: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions  (Read 185375 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubus☼ - Masterwork Reborn
« Reply #225 on: October 27, 2015, 11:46:07 am »

I got powers working the way I wanted to but it's blocked by a bug. Succubi cannot use any interactions given through dfhack. Bah.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2015, 03:33:19 am by Boltgun »

IAmTheMadLord

• Bay Watcher
  • I sure do love lunchtime and cutting off thumbs.
    • View Profile
« Reply #226 on: November 08, 2015, 01:20:51 pm »

Alright I'm just going to re-make this post, as I messed up typing it multiple times. I had to do a full reinstall of MW and the succubus update, but for some reason, succubi are missing most of their animals. I can only purchase 2 types (Nightmare, Frog Demon (And the demon is prohibitively expensive at 301 points)) , none of which are as far as I know vermin eaters, so this is becoming difficult to not lose my entire food supply.

Edit: additionally... the traders aren't bringing any goods. like... at all. though that may be because I had to make the depot AFTER they showed up?
« Last Edit: November 08, 2015, 07:13:08 pm by IAmTheMadLord »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: November 09, 2015, 03:26:16 am »

Did you update dfhack too? You need at least r3 for this to work.

And sadly I think that you need to regenerate a world after updating dfhack, because if you launch the game without the pet script working, caravans will be empty.

IAmTheMadLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 09, 2015, 05:49:19 pm »

it was just one empty caravan, the rest came with goods. I tried updating DFhack but had to reinstall the old version because it broke 90% of my controls, including mouse selections.
I'll try it again and post my results

http://imgur.com/2MOHsKe results. if it means masterwork will work, I'll learn to play without my mouse.
Edit: playing as dwarves now?
further edit: whoops, had both dwarves and succubi selected as playable.
Final Edit (probably) VICTORY. all the animals are there and my succubi aren't missing any skills or buildings. I've gotta say, the succubi randomly igniting enemies works wonders on corpses. a peregrine falcon corpse divebombed someone and she punched it... it detonated.
« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 07:00:31 pm by IAmTheMadLord »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 10, 2015, 10:11:10 am »

Yes I still have to figure why the game believe that the succubi are as hot as the sun, I mean literally. Under some settings the succubi even considered food 'too cold' and starve.

Otherwise with the fresh release of dfhack, we have to wait for twbt to catch up along its interface plugins.

Anyway, interaction issues persist in r4 so I guess I'll have to comb the issue like I did for summoning.

IAmTheMadLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 12, 2015, 06:13:26 pm »

The fact that succubi combust on death (probably something to do with that temperature bug) is really cool, though it makes it difficult to bury corpses. a weregirrafe killed one of my succubi and her death burned the entire surface area to the ground.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 13, 2015, 04:16:54 am »

The fact that succubi combust on death (probably something to do with that temperature bug) is really cool, though it makes it difficult to bury corpses. a weregirrafe killed one of my succubi and her death burned the entire surface area to the ground.

Yes, it's really great. I need to double check if they disappear because it should instead leave a fireproof corpse that cause fire through heat instead of a spontaneous combustion. At worst, I'll make slab making easier to compensate.

That's not a bug I want to fix anyway, it's really nice.

IAmTheMadLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 13, 2015, 04:54:53 pm »

As far as I know, a dying succubus always goes "missing" because her corpse immediately goes supernova, igniting like a dying forgotten beast made of fire. everything around her catches fire, and her body is never to be found. at least, in my experience (also, were-creatures have an annoying habit of *surviving* this cataclysm.)

Rekov

• Bay Watcher
  • Elf Aficionado
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 13, 2015, 05:06:21 pm »

Yes, it's really great. I need to double check if they disappear because it should instead leave a fireproof corpse that cause fire through heat instead of a spontaneous combustion. At worst, I'll make slab making easier to compensate.

That's not a bug I want to fix anyway, it's really nice.

As fitting as it is thematically, I'm not sure that it makes sense given the extreme framerate tax that fire currently has giving Dwarf Fortress' mechanics, especially on heavily forested maps. If there were some way to limit the radius or duration of the conflagration, that'd be great, but as it stands, each time a succubus dies it's a long period of creeping frames and inability to act.

IAmTheMadLord

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 15, 2015, 04:28:24 pm »

The fps loss isn't nearly as bad as the flood of Collapses from trees burning down, I had to unpause my game 124 times (I counted) after she died, because every tree on the surface save like, 4 burnt down.

crazyabe

• Bay Watcher
  • I didn't start the fire...Just added the gasoline!
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 15, 2015, 08:27:42 pm »

PTW
Quote from: MonkeyMarkMario, 2023
“Don’t quote me.”
nothing here.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: December 02, 2015, 04:05:26 am »

Now that 42 is out, I need to prepare for this next version. We have to wait for a new dfhack and for Meph to come back to work on MDF again, but here's what I want to do next.

• Check out the needs, succubi must have a strong need to socialize and party. Those needs should be way stronger than dwarves and should cause stress if those are not fulfilled.
  • Make sure that foreigners can live without incidents, aka they should avoid drinking magma or something.
  • Test how interaction works, right now I coded the next workshops and they do what I want but no succubi uses their interaction in or outside of combat. I can't tell if it's a dfhack bug or simply df.
  • Make use of mood inducing syndromes in the powers acquired from the temple, the succubi will be able to induce stupor, loss, terror and maybe intense affection. If all goes well, an adventurer may seduce enemies into fighting for your side.
  • Make sure that you could corrupt your visitor.
  • Materials are a great way to remind you that you are not playing dwarves. It makes sense if the succubi have a fire proof option to make their book from so I'll probably remove paper or papyrus and provides an option using a new plant, or stone.
    A summonable creature may help too.
  • Allow to write books or slabs containing powers that an adventurer can acquire.

Later on:
  • Reinstall evil plants, we need new special wines and materials to make scrolls from. In a more broad way, add a lot of content into the evil biomes.
  • Make corruption more complex, try and cause prisoners to petition for citizenship after meeting certain goals and give them a corruption counter that will rise over time as they spend time inside. They transform after reaching a certain limit based on their mental attribute.
  • Do the same for animal men.
  • Make the succubi exceptionally lazy and distractred. Have the nobles mitigate that.
  • See what can be done in temple and try to have the succubi worship their demon master if he is still alive.
  • See how dark fortresses are built in this version, see if we can reintroduce pets inside and try to have them build markets, taverns and brothels inns. That should definitely make them unique in comparison to goblins.

Otherwise I am curious what songs or festival they will produce.

Edit: It seems that the goblins started behaving like a proper civ and not a stack of cannon fodder so I have hope for the dark fortress civs.

Also, succubi are going to have naturalists it seems.

There is also a slight chance that I can remove hunger an thirst but still require food production to satisfy the urges of your creatures. I played with a goblin adventurer's attributes and I this is what needs should look like for a succubi.

I did not manage to push romance and art so they're intense needs but with more tuning we should have them really behave in their own unique ways.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2015, 06:39:05 am by Boltgun »

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: December 06, 2015, 06:25:21 pm »

i thought succubi didn't need alcohol to party, it was easy with just water :P
and your link about a naturalist is a book made by an elf?
needs moar whips
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: December 07, 2015, 04:40:33 am »

I am just scratching the surface, but I'd like to give the succubi no drinking or eating to have them behave like demons, but still require food and drink to keep them focused (both for the race's themes and for difficulty). I guess that alcohol will become optional as long as they have a well stocked inn to dance in.

For this I have to try fort mode with all these needs on and see how they behave.

Yes, that book was written by an elf but the name is too funny to ignore. I am undecided for some of the entity values but I may introduce a little randomness into them so each instance will be a bit different from each other. Right now, succubi tend to write more about places and the tutorship of other people.

Otherwise I can confirm that they are master artists, a new adventurer made two masterpiece dances then started singing masterfully to peasants. The public joined by simulating instruments and without training they were already average.

The bad news however is that starting a succubus adventurer is still a pain, you still start in an empty pit and cannot fast travel. The population still spawns mostly on top of towers that have to find without any help from the UI. I need to check with dfhack once it will be updated to see if I can do something.
« Last Edit: December 07, 2015, 04:42:56 am by Boltgun »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: December 10, 2015, 08:22:29 am »

So I have a better grasp for the relation between personality, values and needs. I can confirm that the succubi gets no bad thought from being naked (I needed a script for this previously).

Their needs are not as extreme but are still higher than the average dwarf, it can be higher but that will cause all the succubi to have the same personality.

The taverns are also important considering that I have an envoy who'd rather socialize with goblins guests instead of doing her duty.

Next step is to test how a NO_EAT, NO_DRINK create with 100% immoderation reacts. They will feel the need to eat and drink but not hunger, so will they eat out of pure gluttony?
« Last Edit: December 10, 2015, 08:25:54 am by Boltgun »
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 41