Poll

No poll

Blah
- 10 (100%)
Bluh
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 41

Author Topic: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions  (Read 187953 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions
« Reply #300 on: May 20, 2016, 03:31:07 am »

Hostility is a bit wacky, depending on war and stuff. Incoming friends/enemies are neutral when they come in but the game might forget it if you unretire.

If it can be reproduced, it should be reported as a df bug.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 20, 2016, 05:57:01 pm »

Progress report. A bunch of stuff as been imported, including the carpets and the bone/gem/glass forges. Those are limited to what you should find in the forges plus a few specific items.

These workshop will probably be redesign later on. Probably in the form of shaper shop, merging both crafting and forging into one workshop each. I'll add a flesh shaper to make items out of corpse and see what disgusting item will come out of this.

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: May 20, 2016, 07:51:56 pm »

Sounds good. Glass in particular is something that I find myself using heavily in Succ forts. Probably because its easy for them to put their glass magma furnaces right on the sand collection spot. The image in my head for a succubi fort is a twisted glass and obsidian tower kind of like this...

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Being able to mass produce obsidian and slade certainly helps, the glass and flesh shaper will help give it highlights.

Edit: Or this one...

Now I am looking at all these fantasy towers and want to make them all. So little time, so many towers.  :'(
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 07:57:53 pm by cerevox »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 22, 2016, 12:45:01 pm »

Yes, glass or slade spire suits the succubi well. Bonus points for irregular and asymmetrical structures.

I went through a lot of minor features. The Toad demons has been made intelligent and DF handles that perfectly.

I did not see them haul yet but they can do labors and join the military. Since they cannot join the nobility as intended, you will need a mistress to lead them, but otherwise you can have squads of Toads armed with great axes. I did not try to make armor for them yet but that should be possible as you can size items now.

They are super bad at labor except mining and wood cutting, and have normal military skills progression. Oh, and you can play as a Toad demon adventurer too.

Among other things, you can make metal beds (you cannot select which metal but that'll be for DF 43.x), water and magma well reactions are fixed,and I coded a nasty surprise for those who play dwarves or kobolds. Ha ha ha...

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 22, 2016, 01:17:38 pm »

I went through a lot of minor features. The Toad demons has been made intelligent and DF handles that perfectly.

I did not see them haul yet but they can do labors and join the military. Since they cannot join the nobility as intended, you will need a mistress to lead them, but otherwise you can have squads of Toads armed with great axes. I did not try to make armor for them yet but that should be possible as you can size items now.

They are super bad at labor except mining and wood cutting, and have normal military skills progression. Oh, and you can play as a Toad demon adventurer too.

Hah! I wondered where those toad demons were coming from! Out of my three forts, each time ONLY toad demons have come to trade with My Kobolds of all things. Not even Kobold caravans are coming, but the Toad Demons come to trade copper goods and other stuff like clockwork.

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: May 22, 2016, 10:44:53 pm »

Would it be possible to have horn and hoof covering weapons? Every now and then my troops are using them in battle instead of their regular weapons, and while hoof kicks do great for the civilians in fights vs wildlife, I would hope my alefsteel geared folks to actually use said alefsteel.

Also, succubus trained in dagger get the title "Inductee". I have 2x lvl12 dagger users, standing next to my lasherlords and such. It just seems a little silly.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 23, 2016, 03:37:58 am »

Hah! I wondered where those toad demons were coming from! Out of my three forts, each time ONLY toad demons have come to trade with My Kobolds of all things. Not even Kobold caravans are coming, but the Toad Demons come to trade copper goods and other stuff like clockwork.

Only toads? That's strange but maybe the succubi are not eager to visit so they send their minions instead. Enjoy your copper.

Would it be possible to have horn and hoof covering weapons? Every now and then my troops are using them in battle instead of their regular weapons, and while hoof kicks do great for the civilians in fights vs wildlife, I would hope my alefsteel geared folks to actually use said alefsteel.

Also, succubus trained in dagger get the title "Inductee". I have 2x lvl12 dagger users, standing next to my lasherlords and such. It just seems a little silly.

I cannot do that. Do they have better biting (gore uses biting) and striking skill than they have with their weapons, they'll prefer to attack this way. I can add claw weapons to fill some gaps.

While DF uses hooves to calculate damage (which is why it is good in comparison to a dwarf), I don't remember DF using equipment. If it does, at least the afelsteel are adding to their punch.

Also dagger users get no title, sadly.

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 23, 2016, 07:18:17 pm »

I think their skills with weapons are higher, but wouldn't swear on that. I had a few immigration waves with high skill soldiers, I assume from a war somewhere, so I just geared em up and let em loose.

On the toad caravans... Given that they can have up to triplets seemingly every few years, while succubus due to gender ratio are slow breeders, I wouldn't be surprised if the toads ended up being the majority of the succubus civ.

Edit: You can't put metal gear on the horns/hoofs, but could we perhaps change the materials to metal via in-game reaction? That could be one of the magic reactions perhaps? Turn your militaries horns to styg bronze or obsidian or something.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2016, 08:36:00 pm by cerevox »

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 25, 2016, 01:41:15 pm »

So, i bought 3 Ogres at embark, mostly for defense, but i discovered that they can in fact do all the task Succubuses can! They are also dressed in Succubus clothing, which leads to some very disturbing mental images...

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 26, 2016, 03:38:03 am »

Yes, the succubi got a bunch of minions that now act as complete citizen with bad skill learning. They will wear clothes and that's all the succubi will give them, the mental image is the price to pay. ;)

I'll remove them, and leave only the Frog Demons in this role. Those pets obliterate FPS in adv mode.

Edit: You can't put metal gear on the horns/hoofs, but could we perhaps change the materials to metal via in-game reaction? That could be one of the magic reactions perhaps? Turn your militaries horns to styg bronze or obsidian or something.

I'll give that a try.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 03:41:39 am by Boltgun »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #310 on: May 26, 2016, 03:40:13 am »

No issues with building-destroyer pets?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 26, 2016, 04:31:19 am »

No issues with building-destroyer pets?

None so far, they use a the citizen ai which is completely different than pet or invader ai.

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 26, 2016, 05:22:38 am »

I'll remove them
Aww i liked them :(

fedobear

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 26, 2016, 05:43:23 am »

Is anybody else having issues with succubus mode crashes?

I have a recurring crash where I select a succubus-specific building to be built, it goes into building planner mode, and if I move the outline more than 4 squares in any direction it crashes, and sometimes it crashes outright when selecting the building.
Quicksaved just before it so I'm sure this is causing it.

Other important info: site was abandoned and reclaimed.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 26, 2016, 07:10:50 am »

Is anybody else having issues with succubus mode crashes?

I have a recurring crash where I select a succubus-specific building to be built, it goes into building planner mode, and if I move the outline more than 4 squares in any direction it crashes, and sometimes it crashes outright when selecting the building.
Quicksaved just before it so I'm sure this is causing it.

Other important info: site was abandoned and reclaimed.

Uploading the save will help, did you try running the game by setting the display mode to 2D?

I'll remove them
Aww i liked them :(

Yeah, I am not willing to do this either. I must first check if the fps gain is worth it.
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 07:13:00 am by Boltgun »
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 41