Poll

No poll

Blah
- 10 (100%)
Bluh
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41

Author Topic: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions  (Read 185371 times)

Needs More Pickles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions
« Reply #330 on: May 29, 2016, 08:22:55 am »

I decided to check out Masterwork a couple days ago and playing as succubi is very interesting. I've noticed a couple things that look like bugs but may not be:
The Magma Well creates magma in every visible tile in its radius, even solid walls. The first batch of magma also doesn't fall if it's created in open space with no floor.
When making magma drinks at a still, it seems to remove magma from the source tile(s) in a way that doesn't cause any more magma to flow in and replace it. I had to do some engineering with a floodgate and pressure plate to keep the supply flowing.
The summoning workshop seems to not allow construction with the top left tile of the impassable U over an empty space. I'm not sure if there's something special about that tile, but the other 4 impassable tiles can be built over a magma hole just fine.

Naltharial

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #331 on: May 29, 2016, 12:47:40 pm »

maybe we'll get magic back

And all will be right with the world again. :)

Succubi are by far my favorite race to play in Masterwork, mostly the unorthodox approach to not have steel in any significant measure. It really makes you play differently then Yet Another Steel Fort.

Any additions to the Succubi are good additions. Particulary such that deviate away from the "standard" approach - I'm not terribly in favor of adding things like "afelsteel", because it seems to me to just be a way to bring it back to good old dwarven steel. Maybe soul-enchanted/gem-encrusted "plate" leather, with accessories.

But, I'm being picky, so thanks again to everyone working on making Masterwork a brilliant experience.  ;D

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #332 on: May 29, 2016, 04:13:22 pm »

The first batch of magma also doesn't fall if it's created in open space with no floor.

The magma won't flow on sterile tile either. It seems that the when the magma is created, the game isn't fully aware its there until something makes it take a look at the tile again, like a vermin, something trying to grow there, other fluids interacting. Something like that. Otherwise it just sits there forever.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: May 31, 2016, 10:17:26 pm »

do the succbi have anything they can write on yet? pigtails and paprus don't seem to work.

Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: May 31, 2016, 10:19:05 pm »

Succubus are parchment only, they can't make paper, and parchment production is a serious effort, so don't expect to be making any big libraries with them.

Edit: I should point out, if you buy regular paper you can use it. Succubus just can't produce it themselves.

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: May 31, 2016, 10:53:53 pm »

then I hope the caravan starts sending some......I want my demonic library!

with any luck might even get secrets in it.

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: May 31, 2016, 11:24:35 pm »

Parchment is doable, if you put in the effort. Its just you have to use flux stone to make quicklime through a 3 step process(flux stone -> quicklime(kiln) - > milk of lime(ashery)), then use it on a recently butchered hide before it gets tanned. And you also pretty much need to do the scroll route, since you can't bind books. You can turn the parchment into quires, and they do seem to use it, but it is my understanding that quires that never become books are somehow lacking, but I have no evidence to back that.

Caravans will typically bring 10-20 sheets if you ask for them, and about 10 codexs, so that will be a very slow build. If you just want to max out bookcount without making them, make a tavern and then murder the guests. Poets often arrive carrying 1-3 books and as far as I can tell there are no real repercussions to mass murder of guests.

Also, the secrets of life and death can only be orignally written in worldgen, you can't write them yourself in a fort. However, if you fort gets attacked by a necromancer, he may carry his book of secrets, which you can acquire, and while your scholars can't originate the secrets, they can copy them and a copy of the secrets works just fine. You can also retire a fort, play as adventure to get secrets, travel to fort, retire or otherwise deposit the secrets, and then reactive the fort to gain secrets.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 01, 2016, 02:42:30 am »

This reminds me that I need to add tablets and a stone equivalent of bamboo scrolls. I'll try to insert that for this friday or the next.

(1 stone -> 1 tablet, 1 stone + 1 String -> 3 scrolls)

Once I get magic to work, I also plan to have it written down for adventurers to learn.

Edit: Depending of how well syndromes work, nudist squads might be a thing in the near future. ;)

I'll need some help for the next updates. Since I cannot invoke sieges at will, testing is getting really hard. So if you have an invasion, I'd love you to zip a save and send it my way. The best would be to have a dwarf or human siege with their campfire and an undead attack.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2016, 03:34:28 am by Boltgun »

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions (help needed)
« Reply #338 on: June 01, 2016, 09:03:36 am »

So, is Black Bronze the best non-candy material the Succubus have access to?

twryst

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 01, 2016, 01:35:07 pm »

Partially unrelated, but related:
@Boltgun, I totally would watch you streaming your modding/testing on twitch if you do that again!

Godspeed,
-twryst

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: June 01, 2016, 01:38:13 pm »

Afelsteel is the best, but heavy. Stygnian bronze is like lighter bronze and thus decent, although most weapons metals go through it.

Black bronze is not weapons grade, perhaps you meant bismuth bronze which is identical to normal bronze?

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: June 01, 2016, 02:38:37 pm »

This reminds me that I need to add tablets and a stone equivalent of bamboo scrolls. I'll try to insert that for this friday or the next.

(1 stone -> 1 tablet, 1 stone + 1 String -> 3 scrolls)

Once I get magic to work, I also plan to have it written down for adventurers to learn.

Edit: Depending of how well syndromes work, nudist squads might be a thing in the near future. ;)

I'll need some help for the next updates. Since I cannot invoke sieges at will, testing is getting really hard. So if you have an invasion, I'd love you to zip a save and send it my way. The best would be to have a dwarf or human siege with their campfire and an undead attack.

that looks neat.

how do you plan to get scubbi to write down there magic?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: June 02, 2016, 02:54:35 am »

that looks neat.

how do you plan to get scubbi to write down there magic?

It is not possible to get them into writing a slab of power, so you'll be able to produce some 'sealed magic scroll'. You'll have a reaction in adv mode that is 'unseal magic scroll' that a script will catch which in order to apply the right power.

Partially unrelated, but related:
@Boltgun, I totally would watch you streaming your modding/testing on twitch if you do that again!

Godspeed,
-twryst

I'll try to do that this weekend, depending of my agenda: a stream that will be half development and half continuing the love hotel, the first floor is done and we must go higher.

If you are really interested I'll archive it on youtube too.
« Last Edit: June 02, 2016, 02:56:47 am by Boltgun »

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: June 02, 2016, 03:16:16 am »

I'd love to see your stuff on youtube, for certain!

BlakMajiK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: June 02, 2016, 09:44:07 am »

Whenever I butcher a summoned orthus, the game crashes. Orthus I embarked with butchered fine.
Pages: 1 ... 21 22 [23] 24 25 ... 41