Poll

No poll

Blah
- 10 (100%)
Bluh
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 41

Author Topic: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions  (Read 187851 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions (help needed)
« Reply #360 on: June 08, 2016, 02:39:25 pm »

Damn...so other than the fact it might be TWBT, no real idea what causes the crashes?

I confirm that your save crash if you quick save. Normal saving through the menu is working so is playing in 2D.

Just to be sure I copied over the dfhack plugin from my vanilla build and now it saves without crashing.

So try this :
- Download this
- Copy the hack/plugin folder
- Paste it into your masterwork's Dwarf Fortress/hack folder, overwrite everything.

Tell us if it still crashes.

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 08, 2016, 11:54:17 pm »

have not gotten around to your workaround yet, but in a new game, (without TWBT thats running fine), I found a fairly big succubus bug for the food industry. Succubi's Millstone reactions are screwed up. I try and Make specific Flours, and the reaction runs...but I get an empty bag and seeds only.

EDIT: Also, does the archeologist have a high fail chance for the succubi or something? I been through 4 relics with no fun stuff dropping out of the relics at all.

EDIT 2: Alright, I did your Fix, replacing the Masterwork hack/plugin folder. While playing without TWBT allowed the game to run without crashing idly for ten minutes, as soon as I did a crt-alt-s, the game crashed again for me still.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2016, 05:04:59 am by chaosfiend »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 12, 2016, 10:52:28 am »

EDIT 2: Alright, I did your Fix, replacing the Masterwork hack/plugin folder. While playing without TWBT allowed the game to run without crashing idly for ten minutes, as soon as I did a crt-alt-s, the game crashed again for me still.

Yes, I also confirmed on stream that replacing the plugin does not make MDF more stable.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #363 on: June 12, 2016, 05:41:57 pm »

It would help so much to finally figure out why people have crashes... as soon as I know what it is, I can fix it. But without a source, I cant do anything. Its maddening. :/
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

chesse20

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 12, 2016, 10:55:34 pm »

maybe for the succubi the land generation would be diffrent so that the adamatine would be generated in the sky, and if you dug to far up it would break a hole in heaven which would lead to your fortress being attacked by angels which are the same as demons but good so they are evil to succubi

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 12, 2016, 11:12:19 pm »

maybe for the succubi the land generation would be diffrent so that the adamatine would be generated in the sky, and if you dug to far up it would break a hole in heaven which would lead to your fortress being attacked by angels which are the same as demons but good so they are evil to succubi
It would be awesome if the game supported embarking into the first cavern or something, so that you'd have to dig up to the surface world, but at the moment it does not.

To get closer to your suggestion, a siege of angel-like beings would spawn when a Succubi fort breached the surface.  That would make it a bit difficult to interact with other civs, though.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 13, 2016, 08:03:42 am »

It would be awesome if the game supported embarking into the first cavern or something, so that you'd have to dig up to the surface world, but at the moment it does not.

To get closer to your suggestion, a siege of angel-like beings would spawn when a Succubi fort breached the surface.  That would make it a bit difficult to interact with other civs, though.

I wish I could do that, I hoped that you could embark in hell and dig your way up. You'd meet races and going to high will start human invasions. It would not be as damaging as breaching the HFS, but you'd get yearly sieges.

Also you'd have troubles with warlocks summoning your succubi away, or priests using rituals to weaken your fort.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2016, 08:05:21 am by Boltgun »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #367 on: June 13, 2016, 09:44:52 am »

I wish I could do that, I hoped that you could embark in hell and dig your way up. You'd meet races and going to high will start human invasions. It would not be as damaging as breaching the HFS, but you'd get yearly sieges.

Also you'd have troubles with warlocks summoning your succubi away, or priests using rituals to weaken your fort.
Well, we have a teleport script, which transfers items and units... embark as succubi, instantly teleport everything, unreveal the surface, and run rev-flood to reveal the cavern you were teleported to. (or HFS, as you like)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 13, 2016, 10:40:23 am »

Well, we have a teleport script, which transfers items and units... embark as succubi, instantly teleport everything, unreveal the surface, and run rev-flood to reveal the cavern you were teleported to. (or HFS, as you like)

I could do that, but I wonder where the caravans will spawn. Maybe I'll wait until the myth update or embark scenarios is out and see if it add more diversity. After all dwarves themselves should get the option to start underground too.

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 15, 2016, 05:20:15 am »

Do y'all think it would eventually be possible to convert NPCs into halfbreed companions in Adventure mode? It might be a little OP but I think it could be fun. You could convert some people and set up your own lil lair. A... succubase, if you will.

EDIT: I think it would be better to have this in the suggestion thread I guess, sorry.

Yes it's better to let this thread move down.

Also corruption in adv mode will be a thing, along with a corruption rebalance in fort mode.

Oh cool! I'll look forward to doing all sorts of nefarious deeds then.
I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
https://www.patreon.com/themodsmith
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2

meltorefas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 16, 2016, 09:56:27 am »

Just wanted to say I am really enjoying the current update, especially that the game no longer crashes whenever I try to butcher a fortress-born orthus pup. In fact, I have not yet had a single crash in this version, which is better than in any previous one. I also really like the way frog demons and decay brutes are intelligent and (almost) functional citizens. Also, being able to embark with demons is pretty cool... I made the one I brought with me my Lady of Pain.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #371 on: June 16, 2016, 10:02:08 am »

Just wanted to say I am really enjoying the current update, especially that the game no longer crashes whenever I try to butcher a fortress-born orthus pup. In fact, I have not yet had a single crash in this version, which is better than in any previous one. I also really like the way frog demons and decay brutes are intelligent and (almost) functional citizens. Also, being able to embark with demons is pretty cool... I made the one I brought with me my Lady of Pain.
Thanks for the feedback. Are you playing with TWBT on, and if yes, multilevel on? (aka see multiple z levels at the same time)

meltorefas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 21, 2016, 02:38:35 am »

Thanks for the feedback. Are you playing with TWBT on, and if yes, multilevel on? (aka see multiple z levels at the same time)

Sorry for the late reply. Sinus infection, haven't been up to much. :(

No, I do not use TWBT (I like having non-ascii world maps). Also I didn't know there was a way to see multiple z-levels, so... definitely not using that either!

lurtze1

• Bay Watcher
  • Worshipper of the god of total chaos
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: June 22, 2016, 01:14:44 pm »

Quick question, how good are glass weapons and armor

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 23, 2016, 03:20:24 am »

Quick question, how good are glass weapons and armor

Very bad, it's a free replacement to leather armors so your succubi will not die to honey badgers. Otherwise, copper is better.

Also all three glasses perform the same so high tiers only satisfy extravagant needs. I'll add new kind of glasses after we update to the latest version of DF to make it good but very brittle, so they'll stop one hit of two only.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 03:23:22 am by Boltgun »
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 41