Poll

No poll

Blah
- 10 (100%)
Bluh
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 41

Author Topic: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions  (Read 187868 times)

BlakMajiK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions (help needed)
« Reply #375 on: June 23, 2016, 09:39:47 am »

Masterwork 1.06 (43.03) - Summoning an orthus deconstructs the summoning circle, seems to be consuming the totem. Butchering summoned orthus still crashing the game.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 09:46:27 am by BlakMajiK »

baga3810

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 23, 2016, 10:47:39 am »

Version on 0.42 too unstable for succubi, it  breaks my heart.  :'(
One bugs more...
I turn on Werebeasts civ when i play succubi,in beginning all ok ,but as soon as I built a tavern, between normal visitors were werebeasts! which were as ordinary megabeasts,instead like normal visitor, run to the fortress and killed all whom they see. The game is laughing at me, says it is a happy event: arrived super duper Wrestler wererhinokeros with green color. They come very often.

« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 10:50:51 am by baga3810 »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 23, 2016, 11:22:15 am »

Masterwork 1.06 (43.03) - Summoning an orthus deconstructs the summoning circle, seems to be consuming the totem. Butchering summoned orthus still crashing the game.

Spawnunit is still very unstable and will still be until we move on 43.x.

Does the building disappear every time and do you have combat logs? I did have disappearing buildings after spawning an unit but it was too rare for me to isolate and fix.

Version on 0.42 too unstable for succubi, it  breaks my heart.  :'(
One bugs more...
I turn on Werebeasts civ when i play succubi,in beginning all ok ,but as soon as I built a tavern, between normal visitors were werebeasts! which were as ordinary megabeasts,instead like normal visitor, run to the fortress and killed all whom they see. The game is laughing at me, says it is a happy event: arrived super duper Wrestler wererhinokeros with green color. They come very often.

Werebeast or fortress defense races are causing trouble too because they are crazed and building destroyers. I cannot do anything there, sadly. I suggested a fix but this is not in my hands.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2016, 11:29:44 am by Boltgun »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: June 23, 2016, 12:07:09 pm »

Yes, I turn off all the werebeast, titan civs for this reason.  I like my taverns and libraries. 

I don't think *all* the fort def races cause problems.  I use frog / tiger / panda / badgermen and haven't noticed them tearing up the tavern.

BlakMajiK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 23, 2016, 12:31:07 pm »

Does the building disappear every time and do you have combat logs? I did have disappearing buildings after spawning an unit but it was too rare for me to isolate and fix.

The log just shows "You have summoned an orthus."

I've done some testing though, and it seems to be consuming any building materials that aren't fire proof. When built with an obsidian grate, obsidian block, and totem, only the totem is destroyed. When built with a wooden grate, a log, and a totem, all three are consumed.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 23, 2016, 01:19:07 pm »

The log just shows "You have summoned an orthus."

I've done some testing though, and it seems to be consuming any building materials that aren't fire proof. When built with an obsidian grate, obsidian block, and totem, only the totem is destroyed. When built with a wooden grate, a log, and a totem, all three are consumed.

This is odd unless the succubus bleeds on the circle it wouldn't happen. Another theory is that for some reason the smoke (produced to prevent skills and timing issues) gets heated, I will limit its temperature. If it still happen, I'll replace totems with something else.

cerevox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 23, 2016, 06:31:41 pm »

The summoning portal destroying itself isn't intended? I thought it was on purpose. The totem used in construction takes heavy wear every time the portal is used until it breaks, you typically only get 2-3 uses out of the portal.

I had assumed it was so you couldn't do something silly like create a nahash loop, since you can summon a nahash, butcher it, and burn one component into ash while summoning another nahash to effectively allow infinite scale.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 24, 2016, 05:23:33 am »

The summoning portal destroying itself isn't intended? I thought it was on purpose. The totem used in construction takes heavy wear every time the portal is used until it breaks, you typically only get 2-3 uses out of the portal.

I had assumed it was so you couldn't do something silly like create a nahash loop, since you can summon a nahash, butcher it, and burn one component into ash while summoning another nahash to effectively allow infinite scale.

No it was not, but I find this very interesting.

I cannot enforce fireproof materials beyond simple building materials so I have to find another item.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #383 on: June 24, 2016, 08:54:29 am »

Do you have a boiling stone as a product? STONE_VAPOR_TEMPLATE ? Your build-mats either take heat or cold damage, we can alter the material_template for that, if you like.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

baga3810

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 25, 2016, 11:38:32 am »

Stange case...
magma men in cage looks really bugged,sometimes, tiles near him coming unfit, sometimes the person transporting him begins to stand and wait for death.
can someone explain this or say what i can do with it?

BlakMajiK

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: June 25, 2016, 09:58:49 pm »

It appears the Den of Iniquity is doing the same thing, destroying the non-fire/magma proof items.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 26, 2016, 02:30:23 am »

It appears the Den of Iniquity is doing the same thing, destroying the non-fire/magma proof items.

I think it's the fake smoke that is generated when executing such reactions that causes this problem. I'll fix that asap.

Stange case...
magma men in cage looks really bugged,sometimes, tiles near him coming unfit, sometimes the person transporting him begins to stand and wait for death.
can someone explain this or say what i can do with it?

The generic tissues are causing problems with temperature, because the succubi believes that heat kills them. This is the same change that caused succubi corpses to combust.

That have to be fixed my me of Meph by adding 'fireproof meat/bone/skin/etc.' to MDF. On the other hand, this will lead to fireproof leather and that will make sense.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2016, 02:35:55 am by Boltgun »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #387 on: June 26, 2016, 10:06:11 am »

Please do give succubi normal or fireproof materials again. Its not like many civs butcher sentient corpses anyway.

fake smoke might be too cold. This also destroys materials.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 26, 2016, 03:15:42 pm »

Please do give succubi normal or fireproof materials again. Its not like many civs butcher sentient corpses anyway.

fake smoke might be too cold. This also destroys materials.

I also narrowed the butcher issue to the generic tissue too so that will be my focus once I completed the next update's addition.

This reminds me of old 0.34 MDF, in there butchering Nightmares (the ones from the extra hell creatures) caused a crash.

daisha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 26, 2016, 03:34:57 pm »

Fireproof tissue materials are great.  It'll be nice to have a serious gameplay reason for disabling standardized leather.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 41