Poll

No poll

Blah
- 10 (100%)
Bluh
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 41

Author Topic: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions  (Read 185318 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions (help needed)
« Reply #390 on: June 26, 2016, 04:55:06 pm »

Standardized leather option would not affect this, I'd just leave Succubi with fireproof materials all the time.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

g5ash

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: July 03, 2016, 01:50:30 pm »

The OP asks for saves with an active siege, and I've got one. It a small 10 person siege consisting of goblins, dwarves and humans. There are two saves. One immediately after the siege arrived, and one after 9/10 invaders are captured. They're's on dffd here:

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12213

A few things to note:

1. Black roses can't be brewed. Adding [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:DRINK_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:DRINK] fixed this locally. Black Roses also likely need [MATERIAL_REACTION_PRODUCT:SEED_MAT:LOCAL_PLANT_MAT:SEED] added to get seeds from brewing. Both of these tags have been added to plant_succubus.txt in the uploaded saves. However, this fort isn't on an evil biome so no testing that here.

Also, the Masterwork brew specific and mass brew reactions are not present for black wine.

2. Frog Demons bought from caravans and those that arrive with migrants aren't automatically members of your civ, and can't have labors changed. This does sort of fix itself, in that they can eventually apply for citizenship.

3. Corrupting the prisoners doesn't work. Dfhack gives out a traceback when you try:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The fort is still pretty young, so only the basic industries are setup. However, it is pretty well stocked with raw materials, so it should be possible to build any missing items/workshops needed for testing. It's safe to assume that any levers operate the bridge closest to them, and there are several hotkeys to zoom to points of interest.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: July 03, 2016, 02:37:25 pm »

This is great, thank you. I'll look at the save and fix all these issues.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: July 06, 2016, 07:18:01 am »

So I started a wave of bugfixes. Running jobs no longer destroy the workshops and black roses have now proper alcohol and seeds thanks to g5ash.

The frog demon summoning is a tougher job than expected. Not only the reagents are broken but they are marked as "underworld" when summoned and are neither friendly or hostile. I need to update the scripts. If that happens to you, select it and run "tweak makeown" in the dfhack console to fix that.

We also need a script that check demons who came on the map through natural means, because they have no historical figures and that prevent them from serving anywhere. It's a DF bug but we got the tools to fix that.

Once that's done, I'll take a look at invaders corruption.

Quick question: As anyone managed to milk tentacle monsters or nightmares ? I couldn't in my game but that was a buggy dungeon infested by pretas.

I could in vanilla for sure. Buckets were not renamed into "milk buckets" but their info screen reported the content and I could use milk as intended in reactions. So I'm afraid links between the creatures and their milk (or "milk") is broken in MDF.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 07:22:07 am by Boltgun »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #394 on: July 06, 2016, 07:24:07 am »

Quick question: As anyone managed to milk tentacle monsters or nightmares ? I couldn't in my game but that was a buggy dungeon infested by pretas.

I could in vanilla for sure. Buckets were not renamed into "milk buckets" but their info screen reported the content and I could use milk as intended in reactions. So I'm afraid links between the creatures and their milk (or "milk") is broken in MDF.
I can test. All I can say is that milking venomous animals works and that the venom-buckets are used in reaction.

Edit: Tested, works. Kobolds took a female nightmare to the farmworkshop, milked it. tower-cap bucket, content nightmares milk. No issues.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 07:28:45 am by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: July 06, 2016, 07:43:39 am »

I just tried this with a tentacle monster and by reducing the milk delay to 2, it works. So I guess it's just my old fort that went bananas.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #396 on: July 09, 2016, 08:29:26 pm »

Suggestion: Make a reaction that induces a macabre or fell mood. Macabre moods make artefacts from bones, totems, etc... while fell moods murder a fellow citizen and make items from bone or leather. Both give you a legendary skill boost and a neat artefact.

Code: [Select]
modtools/reaction-trigger -reactionName STRANGEMOOD_FELL_ARMOR -command [ strangemood -force -type fell -skill leatherworker ]
I think that fell and macabre moods are super rare (in all my time of playing DF I've NEVER seen one), and they would be a neat, fitting addition to the succubi. Dont you think?
« Last Edit: July 09, 2016, 08:32:41 pm by Meph »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: July 09, 2016, 08:41:56 pm »

If succubi don't have this, the gobbos should ^^

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #398 on: July 09, 2016, 09:52:52 pm »

Just in case: full list:

Code: [Select]
modtools/reaction-trigger -reactionName STRANGEMOOD_POSSESSED_MINER -command [ strangemood -force -type possessed -skill miner ]
modtools/reaction-trigger -reactionName STRANGEMOOD_POSSESSED_MASON -command [ strangemood -force -type possessed -skill mason ]
modtools/reaction-trigger -reactionName STRANGEMOOD_POSSESSED_CARPENTER -command [ strangemood -force -type possessed -skill carpenter ]
modtools/reaction-trigger -reactionName STRANGEMOOD_POSSESSED_ENGRAVER -command [ strangemood -force -type possessed -skill engraver ]
modtools/reaction-trigger -reactionName STRANGEMOOD_POSSESSED_WEAPON -command [ strangemood -force -type possessed -skill weaponsmith ]
modtools/reaction-trigger -reactionName STRANGEMOOD_POSSESSED_TANNER -command [ strangemood -force -type possessed -skill tanner ]
modtools/reaction-trigger -reactionName STRANGEMOOD_POSSESSED_WEAVER -command [ strangemood -force -type possessed -skill weaver ]
modtools/reaction-trigger -reactionName STRANGEMOOD_POSSESSED_CLOTHIER -command [ strangemood -force -type possessed -skill clothier ]
modtools/reaction-trigger -reactionName STRANGEMOOD_POSSESSED_ARMOR -command [ strangemood -force -type possessed -skill armorsmith ]
modtools/reaction-trigger -reactionName STRANGEMOOD_POSSESSED_METALSMITH -command [ strangemood -force -type possessed -skill metalsmith ]
modtools/reaction-trigger -reactionName STRANGEMOOD_POSSESSED_GEMCUT -command [ strangemood -force -type possessed -skill gemcutter ]
modtools/reaction-trigger -reactionName STRANGEMOOD_POSSESSED_GEMSET -command [ strangemood -force -type possessed -skill gemsetter ]
modtools/reaction-trigger -reactionName STRANGEMOOD_POSSESSED_WOODCRAFTER -command [ strangemood -force -type possessed -skill woodcrafter ]
modtools/reaction-trigger -reactionName STRANGEMOOD_POSSESSED_STONECRAFTER -command [ strangemood -force -type possessed -skill stonecrafter ]
modtools/reaction-trigger -reactionName STRANGEMOOD_POSSESSED_METALCRAFTER -command [ strangemood -force -type possessed -skill metalcrafter ]
modtools/reaction-trigger -reactionName STRANGEMOOD_POSSESSED_LEATHERWORKER -command [ strangemood -force -type possessed -skill leatherworker ]
modtools/reaction-trigger -reactionName STRANGEMOOD_POSSESSED_BONECARVER -command [ strangemood -force -type possessed -skill bonecarver ]
modtools/reaction-trigger -reactionName STRANGEMOOD_POSSESSED_BOWYER -command [ strangemood -force -type possessed -skill bowyer ]
modtools/reaction-trigger -reactionName STRANGEMOOD_POSSESSED_MECHANIC -command [ strangemood -force -type possessed -skill mechanic ]
modtools/reaction-trigger -reactionName STRANGEMOOD_POSSESSED_GLASSMAKER -command [ strangemood -force -type possessed -skill glassmaker ]

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: July 09, 2016, 10:36:09 pm »

If succubi don't have this, the gobbos should ^^

Hrmn, depends for the Gobbos I think for the Fell mood. Cause while goblins relish in killing each other, do they not often have massive numbers? I think the Fell mood would work better for something like succubi, where your forts will find its citizens more valuable. Even with Succubi, that might be too easy to game, because you could simply lock the citizen with the Fell mood, and a useless Noble citizen in a small area.  Fell mood grabs the closest citizen and kills them. Unless somehow the citizen they chose was random somehow, to always make it a gamble, I feel this would be too easily gamed. 

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #400 on: July 09, 2016, 11:02:04 pm »

The reaction starts the mood in a random person, not in the worker.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: July 10, 2016, 03:16:27 am »

I like this, it might be even more wicked and give it a small chance of happening with you perform magic reactions. If it would be possible to tie it to a specific succubus, someone learning some evil power might celebrate it with a fell mood.

Even with Succubi, that might be too easy to game, because you could simply lock the citizen with the Fell mood, and a useless Noble citizen in a small area.

When it requires a lot of planning, we may call it a feature.  :P

meltorefas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: July 10, 2016, 08:06:50 am »

Still really enjoying succubus mode. Just a couple things.

First, I cannot seem to summon HFS at the summoning portal. It claims I have no slade slabs, whereas I actually have a bunch of them. They are in the same stockpile as the bronze cages, which it properly detects.

Second, a suggestion: Give the succubus a way to create items of different sizes, for outfitting HFS military units. For example, being able to make large-sized items. I know you can sometimes trade for large-sized items, but can't always rely on that (only succubus caravans in this game, once or twice a goblin one). Possibly some kind of item resizer workshop?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #403 on: July 10, 2016, 08:58:29 am »

It might not be possible to resize the items, but force-equip should work.

meltorefas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: July 10, 2016, 09:17:05 am »

It might not be possible to resize the items, but force-equip should work.

Ahh, was not aware of force-equip, thanks. Looks like a decent workaround.
Pages: 1 ... 25 26 [27] 28 29 ... 41