Poll

No poll

Blah
- 10 (100%)
Bluh
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 41

Author Topic: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions  (Read 187858 times)

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions (help needed)
« Reply #405 on: July 10, 2016, 05:40:25 pm »

Fell and macabre moods used to only happen when dwarves were really upset. I saw a few back when how happy a dwarf was could be calculated by looking through the few different thoughts they have and adding up the points that each one is, and when the points being below 0 was bad. I don't know how it works now that the whole stress thing is called stress and is full of different emotions.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: July 11, 2016, 03:44:43 am »

It might not be possible to resize the items, but force-equip should work.

It's definitely possible, I did that in old MDF with breastplates.

However I need to figure the most effective interface for it. You could send a demon resize an armor for himself for example. I could provide a list but I'm not sure that all demons have the same size.

However, I think since the update 0.43.x, you can decide the size of the armor you produce so I think it's all redundant.

Fell and macabre moods used to only happen when dwarves were really upset. I saw a few back when how happy a dwarf was could be calculated by looking through the few different thoughts they have and adding up the points that each one is, and when the points being below 0 was bad. I don't know how it works now that the whole stress thing is called stress and is full of different emotions.

I have yet to see any unhappy citizen lately so you really have to mean it to get a fell mood.

Edit: And I fixed the Frog Demon and HFS reagents so their jobs are now possible, but at the same time, they are hostile when summoned. This will be fixed soon.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2016, 07:14:57 am by Boltgun »

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: July 11, 2016, 10:57:29 am »

This will be fixed soon.
Famous last words!

But when you get it fixed please let me know what you did in case it applies to spawning creatures more generally.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: July 12, 2016, 05:35:17 am »

Hy,
I was wondering about some details of the succubus game mode.
The magma making building, under which menu it is?
Where does it creates magma exactly (under it, next to it) ?
Can this mod be altered that you can play without HFS and magma layers (if so what needs to be changed, I think of the dark pit start site for example as I know that it needs HFS , but maybe there are other aspects as well)
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 05:38:12 am by Mohreb el Yasim »
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: July 12, 2016, 06:24:02 am »

This will be fixed soon.
Famous last words!

But when you get it fixed please let me know what you did in case it applies to spawning creatures more generally.

Sure here's the part that creates the unit :
Code: [Select]
for i = 1, num do
casteIndex = createUnit.getRandomCasteId(raceIndex)
newUnitIndex = createUnit.createUnitInFortCivAndGroup(raceIndex, casteIndex)
createUnit.domesticate(newUnitIndex, df.global.ui.group_id)

newUnit = df.unit.find(newUnitIndex)

-- Clear the arena mode name
newUnit.name.first_name = ''
newUnit.name.has_name = false
newUnit.status.current_soul.name.has_name = false
if newUnit.hist_figure_id ~= -1 then
    local histfig = df.historical_figure.find(newUnit.hist_figure_id)
    histfig.name.has_name = false
  end

teleport.teleport(newUnit, xyz2pos(position[1], position[2] + 2, position[3]))
end

The unit was created with civ_id as -1, adding newUnit.civ_id = df.global.ui.civ_id fixed the problem.

Hy,
Can this mod be altered that you can play without HFS and magma layers (if so what needs to be changed, I think of the dark pit start site for example as I know that it needs HFS , but maybe there are other aspects as well)

The magma well is under build -> furnaces, shortcut is b -> e -> alt+f.
Channel holes around, the magma will go inside these holes.

You can remove the HFS and magma seas? Removing HFS is okay, but removing the entire magma layer will lock out most buildings and turn the mod into vanilla dwarf mode unless you play at a volcano.

Edit: I also fixed issues with pets behaving strangely since the last update.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 07:06:18 am by Boltgun »

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: July 12, 2016, 07:17:50 am »

This will be fixed soon.
Famous last words!

Sure here's the part that creates the unit :
Code: [Select]
for i = 1, num do
casteIndex = createUnit.getRandomCasteId(raceIndex)
newUnitIndex = createUnit.createUnitInFortCivAndGroup(raceIndex, casteIndex)
createUnit.domesticate(newUnitIndex, df.global.ui.group_id)

newUnit = df.unit.find(newUnitIndex)

-- Clear the arena mode name
newUnit.name.first_name = ''
newUnit.name.has_name = false
newUnit.status.current_soul.name.has_name = false
if newUnit.hist_figure_id ~= -1 then
    local histfig = df.historical_figure.find(newUnit.hist_figure_id)
    histfig.name.has_name = false
  end

teleport.teleport(newUnit, xyz2pos(position[1], position[2] + 2, position[3]))
end

The unit was created with civ_id as -1, adding newUnit.civ_id = df.global.ui.civ_id fixed the problem.

Hy,

The magma well is under build -> furnaces, shortcut is b -> e -> alt+f.
Channel holes around, the magma will go inside these holes.

You can remove the HFS and magma seas? Removing HFS is okay, but removing the entire magma layer will lock out most buildings and turn the mod into vanilla dwarf mode unless you play at a volcano.

Edit: I also fixed issues with pets behaving strangely since the last update.
Ah,  I thought they are activated from start for the succubus.
Mohreb el Yasim

GENERATION 24:The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experime

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: July 12, 2016, 09:48:43 am »

Interesting.  Apparently, the nightmares of my home civilization have decided they've had enough of hauling wagons about and have come visiting my fort (complete with announcement) after dropping off the wagons off-screen.

I now have permanent, legendary nightmares without skills in which to be legendary (they blink as if legendary) who have an inexplicable hatred for memorial slabs.  They make a bee-line for any I build, thus leaving a horde of angry ghosts floating around, occasionally battering my living succubi..occasionally creating more death and ghosts because of it.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: July 12, 2016, 10:56:21 am »

They are activated by making DF believe you reached the magma sea from the start so if you remove it, that would break this part.

Interesting.  Apparently, the nightmares of my home civilization have decided they've had enough of hauling wagons about and have come visiting my fort (complete with announcement) after dropping off the wagons off-screen.

I now have permanent, legendary nightmares without skills in which to be legendary (they blink as if legendary) who have an inexplicable hatred for memorial slabs.  They make a bee-line for any I build, thus leaving a horde of angry ghosts floating around, occasionally battering my living succubi..occasionally creating more death and ghosts because of it.

Which tab of the unit screen are they marked, and are they 'pets', 'wild animals' or 'underworld'. Otherwise I may have fixed this bug today and will send it to Meph for the next release.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: July 12, 2016, 11:04:30 am »

They are activated by making DF believe you reached the magma sea from the start so if you remove it, that would break this part.
I see I remember wrestling that part years ago. So I guess it is a cavern and a magma layer at least.  (still makes the world flatter so I'll try it out)
I just like to have flat and boring worlds :D (somehow caverns make me feel unorganized).  Maybe I can try to do without any caverns (but that might need to much editing)
Mohreb el Yasim

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: July 12, 2016, 02:26:21 pm »

Which tab of the unit screen are they marked, and are they 'pets', 'wild animals' or 'underworld'. Otherwise I may have fixed this bug today and will send it to Meph for the next release.

They are marked under "Other," along with other visiting creatures.

Additional information:  This only happens after the caravans from my home civilization leave the map.  A couple messages show up, showing that "a nightmare is visiting" and "a wagon is visiting."  The wagon never shows (one of those types of people.  always saying they'll be there and never keeping their word!) but sometimes I'll also get a random message that an object from the caravan has been stolen by a thieving creature, despite these things not actually being on my map but showing up as belonging to my fortress.

Mohreb el Yasim

• Bay Watcher
  • ♫♪♫♫♪♫♪♪♫♪
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: July 12, 2016, 04:43:00 pm »

i try to generate without HFS (in a test generation of pocket world it worked wihc had succubi and some other civs, and then i activated a bunch of other civs, i'll try without) but now i get:
Nothing has arrived on the calendar.
The weather has cleared.
even with all regection enabled ... puzzeling.

EDIT: maybe not related to succubus, on a smaller world size it says a farming civilisation placed without corps (after like 2000+ rejects, and it does not seem to care about allow this/all rejects) ... (on the test-pocket maybe it scipped the race that needed farming) i have goblins, elves and all the playable set to spawn at this moment ... will try to narrow downs the problem.

EDIT2: I managed to get it work, but only on a 65x65 region. Maybe only thing is that I get many rejected and on bigger sizes generation time get's to much (after 30minutes of not getting to the history I tend to abandon the generation)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 01:47:40 am by Mohreb el Yasim »
Mohreb el Yasim

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: July 13, 2016, 07:56:53 am »

You need to remove a few races to generate small worlds, otherwise there is not enough space for everyone. The vanilla game was made for 4 organized civilizations.

Otherwise, I added a workshop where you can make clothing out of fire, just for fun. You can make rolls of fire cloths too but I don't know yet how the AI will treat it. This should lead to a lot of hilarious situation where a succubus nurse tries to heal a human with fire.

I'm also trying fire weapons too, I am sure it will not damage the target but if it ignites it that should be useful.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 07:59:51 am by Boltgun »

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: July 13, 2016, 09:25:32 am »

> fire

Succubi trading partners, beware ;)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: July 13, 2016, 10:09:59 am »

> fire

Succubi trading partners, beware ;)

Unless this has changed, clothes generated by custom reactions are not added to wagons. If it does, I'll delete this use dfhack to fool the game.

Of course lots of stuff change all the time so I need to test this more. The issues we had with pets was an example.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2016, 10:12:04 am by Boltgun »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #419 on: July 13, 2016, 10:52:40 am »

That has not changed. They will not trade it.

ADD_SPATTER will work with fire-swords btw. "This is a molten iron sword. It is covered with bands of fire", which does add a syndrome to the enemy it hits... for example extra pain (CE_PAIN), burns (CE_BLISTERS), etc.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 41