Poll

No poll

Blah
- 10 (100%)
Bluh
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 41

Author Topic: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions  (Read 187209 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: ☼Succubus☼ - Masterwork Reborn
« Reply #45 on: January 21, 2015, 03:19:02 am »

Well of souls takes it from sentient corpses, but what about animals?

I rather like the butchery option, it has no downsides. Civs that dont use souls just have them wither away, and its easy to set up.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 21, 2015, 03:47:37 am »

Yes it has the butchery and the well of soul is a fill for sentient creatures since the succubi won't butcher them. This may change if we implement different civ options in the launcher.

It works on any corpse in the current version, so it also work on creatures too small to be butchered.

--

And now some technobabble. The magma well was the first migration towards DF2014 of a script. Eruption worked out of the box, but enabling magma workshop needed to fix featurelua.

The map features (did the player find the magma sea, the caverns, the circus?) were stocked in df.global.world.cur_savegame.map_features it is now in df.global.world.features.map_features. Otherwise they're the same.

I'm putting all the scripts I use in the succubus subfolder, unless it's a thing that you should also run in the dfhack terminal, it will make things feel less cluttered.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #47 on: January 21, 2015, 03:59:41 am »

Making subfolders for the scripts is a good idea. Especially if there is one called "testing" and one called "buggy" :D
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #48 on: January 21, 2015, 04:15:31 am »

The only reason the butchery option has no downsides is because a better option doesn't exist. :P

I have always wanted wanted to write a script that allows you to manipulate actual souls, but never had the excuse to do it.  Extract them, eat them, fuse them, store them, swap them, implant them, raise them as ghosts...

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 21, 2015, 04:45:25 am »

The only reason the butchery option has no downsides is because a better option doesn't exist. :P

I have always wanted wanted to write a script that allows you to manipulate actual souls, but never had the excuse to do it.  Extract them, eat them, fuse them, store them, swap them, implant them, raise them as ghosts...

First thing to test is how a butchered item relates to its original creatures, is the link saved somewhere? Same for itemcorpses.

I'd like to remake the soul extracting reaction, it currently abuse a wagon mechanism, transformation and itemcorpse to remove a corpse and put an item instead. It creates odd legend events and engraving of 'Urist McDwarf is falling, this relates to Urist McDwarf's scuttling'. The falling part into hell is great, but I believe the scuttle verb may not relate on what we're trying to do.

Edit: Oh wow I missed this !
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=139553.msg5785661;topicseen#msg5785661

You can have script running on interaction usage and it support both attacker and defender ! This take away an issue I had with group phasing. :D
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 04:53:23 am by Boltgun »

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 21, 2015, 05:11:03 am »

I think it would be best to forgo the butchered souls entirely, once a better way of extracting them exists.  Run the whole thing from a Lua script.  Strangely enough, it might be easier to capture a soul from the place a creature died rather than taking it from the corpse...that's where the actual unit is.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 21, 2015, 08:35:06 am »

If we play with events, perhaps we can spawn it upon the death of a creature, and only for races that use them.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #52 on: January 21, 2015, 09:32:34 am »

If you can manage swapping souls and raising ghosts and extracting all this without changing raws, I wont say no. ;)

If not, I'd rather prefer a bug-free and less elegant raw-only solution.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 21, 2015, 11:15:48 am »

That stuff is not very useful until I get into soul eating anyway.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 21, 2015, 11:58:27 am »

FWIW I'm not necessarily sure whether Orcs need to keep using souls, it would work just as well probably with vanilla objects (totems and stuff).  So if you are switching over to some scripting solution for succubi/warlocks don't worry about orcs.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #55 on: January 21, 2015, 12:34:06 pm »

Dont you use all the scalps though? they are based on the same concept.

smakemupagus

• Bay Watcher
  • [CANOPENDOORS]
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 21, 2015, 12:46:46 pm »

Dont you use all the scalps though? they are based on the same concept.

Souls and scalps were both a Rebalance Project thing.  I do like the use of War Standards as "currency" for the Warrior Society weapons, but if I had been the one to implement it, I would have used an existing object (totems) rather than scalps.

I like it well enough to have kept it since it works, (ed: and will definitely keep the general ideas of War Standards and allowing the Dreamwalkers to do their information gathering missions) but i'm not really attached to the specific way it's implemented.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 12:52:11 pm by smakemupagus »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #57 on: January 21, 2015, 01:00:08 pm »

Ok, understood.

I'm generally for everything that doesn alter the vanilla creatures :)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 21, 2015, 01:58:09 pm »

Well duh, I thought that souls EBO were added and I redid the soul well. Ah well, at least it's ready.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 21, 2015, 02:34:22 pm »

I'm currently experimenting with soul manipulation.  I'm going to try to make a system with a mostly warlocky flavor but if it works, parts of it will probably be a good springboard for a succubus version.

Siphoning souls from corpses, siphoning from live prisoners to turn them into zombies, storing the soul of a worker, eating souls, implanting a stored soul into a zombified unit, releasing stored souls as ghosts, seeking out unraised ghosts, raising ghosts, capturing ghosts, commanding ghosts, burning souls to make soul-charcoal, and of course eating souls to gain their skills will be the focus of the experiments.

The basis of the system will be using the creator id field of the soul gem items to store the id of the unit whose soul they contain.

EDIT: Did you know that there is already support for a single unit with multiple souls?  Evidently, Toady plans on having some multiple personality thing or something down the line.  But we can use it now.
EDIT2: Haha!  I thought removing a creature's soul would crash the game, but there seems to be support for it after all.  I removed a creature's soul in the Arena and then asked them how they were feeling.  They said "Uhh...".
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 41