Poll

No poll

Blah
- 10 (100%)
Bluh
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 41

Author Topic: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions  (Read 187792 times)

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions (help needed)
« Reply #465 on: October 11, 2016, 08:16:37 am »

Them some pretty good sprites....
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: October 12, 2016, 07:41:00 pm »

hey boltgun, glad you got the file on the weird action on self civ attack,  Let me know what you figure out. 
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Alkhemia

• Bay Watcher
  • aka Deep Sea Diver Man
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: October 14, 2016, 09:54:32 pm »

hmm anyway to fix the traders kidnapping there own caged animals I think the game crashed because of that.
"Hiken: Tsubame-Gaeshi" -Sasaki Kojirou (Grand Order}

"Please touch me. Without lying, wherever you want to touch. That is my wish." - Kiyohime (Grand Order)

"Tyranny, violation, genocide. Those are the things that I detest above all else." - Amakusa Shirou Tokisada (Grand Order)

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: October 15, 2016, 05:53:53 am »

if a race (like Kobolds and orcs) are kidnappers it will spam the game they are kidnapping creatures when they carry them off the border... this isn't the reason for your crash.  Its most likely a memory fault.  generally with the really modded Civilizations (which right now is all of them in MWDF) I've had 4 primary game crash points all centered around trading:
1. unloading of caravans by merchants(graphical image changing selection drops fps to 0),
2. setting trader requested at Depot(I think the game is working out values of items, too many items and its locking),
3. caravans loading up, and
4. caravans leaving the map (I think its more math being worked out for how much you sold and how this effects rep and other things).

all 4 of these I can get past by quicksave.
1a.  Quicksave when the caravan appears at map edge.
1b.  Quicksave after caravan is set up.
2a.  Quicksave prior to setting trader requested at Depot.
3a.  Quicksave after trades are completed.
3b.  Quicksave when it says they will embark soon.
4a.  Quicksave when they move out from Depot.
4b.  Quicksave when they are exited from the map.

the entire issue around caravans is they are memory Hogs. when they show up they bring a thousand new items for every mob on the map to consider when selecting jobs, theres a lot of Civ/trade "math" going on in the background.  They leak all over the place causing memory failure eventually,  In Vanilla DF on a common 1G ram laptop, running 2 years through 3 trades a year(i.e. No pause, No restart, straight through) will eventually lead to a crash on its own.  Add in the massive amount of dfhack scripts that are ran for the "Modded races", along with special buildings, and other things.... well not every computer is created equally.  by a 3 or 4th year fortress, I quicksave every 10 in game days and restart the game every 3 months or every caravan arrival, just to avoid crashes related to memory leaks/faults.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

PlotVitalNPC

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Secretly Not A Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: October 15, 2016, 11:35:18 pm »

Shame about the memory leaks. 64 bit derf fert may have overcome the software limitations, but it can't stand in for hardware limitations.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: October 16, 2016, 11:00:17 am »

agreed memory leaks and the game stack are the 2 primary reasons DF has been crashing/lagging as far as I can tell since the beginning.  eventually RAM is either over filled and the computer shuts it down or there is too many things going on for the cpu to process the thread.  graphics add to it, item count adds to it, multiple paths from location to location add to it.... I don't think they ever figured out and added multi-thread processing,  If they did 99% of the current game problems would disappear, FPS would stabilize, and separate threads could clean up memory while others are stacking memory.  Last I looked they were still a single thread C+ program which means that the same thread that adds to the load, has to remove it, and clean it, do saves etc.

been checking out fullscreen mode lately, I've been staying in windows so that I can access dfhack etc easily... It seems that fullscreen (which with many other games help speed up fps) does not seem to help with fps at all and from what I can see will actually cause more lag and crashes.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: October 17, 2016, 06:38:12 pm »

Boltgun  I have another one that acted weird... This time its a white tiger woman thief.  It converts give me a message that a cambion has been formed... I was going to save after giving the command, but I got distracted and saved at conversion point.  suddenly the game tells me that she is a cambion, bas long as I leave the patriarch(damn succubus voted for the hottest man they had... think hes one of 6 out of 60+ lol) and the thief inside the room locked in, everything is fine, but the moment  I unlock the door a tentacle monster attacks the thief and the whole thing spirals out of control as FPS drops to 0 and eventually every mob is chasing her.... The cage says it has her in it, when viewed, but externally with (k) or (t) it says its a cambion....  I'll zip it up tonight and post it, so you can have the fun too....

here's an image of the cage:

If I unbuild the cage, it will continue to look like this on the view page, but if I rebuild it, it will then say it is empty and then its all over as by this time for me... It FPS to 1-5 and crashes a couple of minutes later.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2016, 06:55:53 pm by Amostubal »
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: October 17, 2016, 09:07:56 pm »

alright Boltgun  I left her locked in the basement for about 10 days she calmed down and dropped her dagger... I then let her out and she acted right... shes now chilling in the tavern listening to stories.... something about the first moment shes out shes terrified and outraged you have to wait for her terrified tag to drop in the thoughts... I still have a cage that says shes in it.... The biggest problem is you have to separate her from the one who converts her, otherwise they run in circles and her thoughts don't change.... http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12508&posted=true#c_1087
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: October 18, 2016, 04:33:31 am »

Okay so the game maintains a list of who is hostile to whom and update it from time to time.

It seems that the game isn't properly informed of the side change. I did clear hostility before but it seem to expect something new from me. The FPS drop makes it even worse.

Fixing this might take me a while however, I got some serous issues irl and will be unable to get much work done until then.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: October 18, 2016, 05:20:33 am »

yeah I'm going to try one more build of it... Going to place the next prisoner on a chain in a boxed in room, whats the range on the den of inequity?

sorry to hear your having IRL problems.  Hope everything turns out ok.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: November 10, 2016, 05:01:12 am »

I'm going back into the succubi part, I do not have the brain power to fix bugs yet but I'm attacking the manual, updating the quick guide and doing my best to make the mod easy to understand. I also started working on Meph's 32x tileset so I hope to have the missing baby and child tiles soon.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: November 10, 2016, 09:09:26 am »

where's my like button? lol
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

blapnk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: November 11, 2016, 01:37:20 pm »

I summoned 16 frog demons to work as my construction crew and now i have a frogsplosion of tiny frog demon babies. Can't be slaughtered, leave ghosts behind if they do have an accident and the frog demons don't need to get into a relationship to spawn more of them.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: November 11, 2016, 05:01:46 pm »

I always end up killing frog babies by stranding them on roofs.... Behind blocked mine shifts... cutting down their treehouse... digging holes under them... collapsing floors... deconstructing bridges... first attacked by invading armies... locked outside during a megabeast/titan/dragon attack... generally exterminator and frog babies are the worst... they are so antisocial they end up where no one is and then you can't get them to move.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: December 13, 2016, 08:10:23 am »

I went back into poking the code and huzzah! The problem with corrupting invaders leading to instant FPS death is fixed.

So that's it for the current bugs, next up are fleshworking and the guides.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2016, 08:12:46 am by Boltgun »
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 41