Poll

No poll

Blah
- 10 (100%)
Bluh
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 41

Author Topic: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions  (Read 187940 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions (help needed)
« Reply #480 on: December 13, 2016, 05:14:40 pm »

I always end up killing frog babies by stranding them on roofs.... Behind blocked mine shifts... cutting down their treehouse... digging holes under them... collapsing floors... deconstructing bridges... first attacked by invading armies... locked outside during a megabeast/titan/dragon attack... generally exterminator and frog babies are the worst... they are so antisocial they end up where no one is and then you can't get them to move.

I've been playing some Succubus recently and have been having these issues as well, and I think I have an idea for them. I don't know DF hack, so I'm not sure if it is possible, but a 'Summon Spirit of Corruption' interaction at the summoning portal might do the trick. For the cost of a prepared meal, a random sentient non-Succubus baby or child on the map is transformed into tame adult non-sentient evil biome creature.

Another idea might be a 'Corrupt Restless Spirit' option at the Den of Inequity that turns a non-Succubus ghost on the map into something useful. Perhaps even a 'Combine Ghosts into Horrible Fell Spirit' that can serve as an alternate means of summoning a demon.

---

On another note, I've been wanting to practice modding raws, and would love to contribute a bit over winter break. I'm open to suggestions for where I can help, but I was thinking of making Succubus castes for the fortress defense races; It would be easy enough for my first experimentation with the raws, as I'd have the castes you made and the original fortress defense races to use as a baseline.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: December 13, 2016, 08:19:45 pm »

hey BOLTGUN, I found an error, in reaction_succubus.txt, line 348, in the float clear block reaction:
   [PRODUCT:100:10:WINDOW:NONE:GLASS_CLEAR:NONE]
it should be:
   [PRODUCT:100:10:BLOCKS:NONE:GLASS_CLEAR:NONE]

Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: December 14, 2016, 04:08:34 am »

hey BOLTGUN, I found an error, in reaction_succubus.txt, line 348, in the float clear block reaction:
   [PRODUCT:100:10:WINDOW:NONE:GLASS_CLEAR:NONE]
it should be:
   [PRODUCT:100:10:BLOCKS:NONE:GLASS_CLEAR:NONE]

Got it, this will be fixed as soon as I send a patch to Meph.

By the way, prisoner corruption has been made easier by using only a tenth of a soap bar. So if the succubi grab the bar to take a bath, it is still usable in the reaction.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: December 14, 2016, 04:46:11 am »

awesome!!! most succubus bases I've had start looking like a roman bath house... there's soap everywhere!
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: December 14, 2016, 08:03:05 am »

awesome!!! most succubus bases I've had start looking like a roman bath house... there's soap everywhere!

That is not a problem by itself.  ;)

I also made an attempt in stopping body fluids from burning creatures. I only managed to prevent it from burning grass. Spitting on enemies is still a one hit kill.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2016, 08:05:41 am by Boltgun »

endlessblaze

• Bay Watcher
  • likes dragons for their fiery breath
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: December 14, 2016, 04:27:39 pm »

Lol.
Kids make great meat shields.
I nominate endlessblaze as our chief military executive!

PlotVitalNPC

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Secretly Not A Cat
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: December 15, 2016, 10:10:43 pm »

That is not a problem by itself.  ;)

I also made an attempt in stopping body fluids from burning creatures. I only managed to prevent it from burning grass. Spitting on enemies is still a one hit kill.
I've never noticed it being a 1hko, per say, in adventure mode.
Just mildly harmful.

Still, that's what happens when your internal temperature is comparable to lava.
 I pity the moron who tries to sleep with a succubus while not being corrupted themself.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: December 16, 2016, 05:20:26 am »

I pity the moron who tries to sleep with a succubus while not being corrupted themself.

Urist Cancels Operate Screw Press: On Fire

Muxia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: December 19, 2016, 11:25:33 pm »

I used the Meph tileset, but the graph of succubus is still the same as the phoebus tileset. I found the document of new graph of succubus of Meph teileset but dont know how to use them.

Dookmiester

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes ferrets for their weasel war dances.
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: December 20, 2016, 04:46:32 am »

Ignore added to my other post.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2016, 11:29:28 am by Dookmiester »

Kars

• Bay Watcher
  • registered flex offender
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: January 04, 2017, 04:39:28 am »

This may be a dumb question considering the succubus immunity to fire and lava, but are succubi at all affected by ambient temperature? Like when you embark in a scorching area.
🇮🇹 dall'italia con amore🇮🇹

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: January 04, 2017, 04:41:31 am »

This may be a dumb question considering the succubus immunity to fire and lava, but are succubi at all affected by ambient temperature? Like when you embark in a scorching area.

No, they aren't. You can also embark on a freezing biome.

Dorenabel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: January 05, 2017, 04:20:08 pm »

Apologies for probably dumb question, i haven't played DF 2 or 3 years or something like this, it took 3 days to generate world with embark site which I like, (glumprongs,terrifying biome, ocean shore, river and rain of blood with alot of neighbors) and atm I really want to play instead of inspecting raws and wiki.. Is optimal succubus uniform look like this?  ::)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions
« Reply #493 on: January 06, 2017, 03:31:38 am »

Almost, you can add a metallic corset under the leather armor / breastplate to add another layer of solid protection. The corset is only 75% coverage but being underwear it stacks.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions
« Reply #494 on: January 12, 2017, 08:03:10 am »

While we wait for the next DF version, here's the patch fixing issues with corruption :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8QFWS9tHkaaWjdTczBXSmtIY3M/view?usp=sharing

To install it, unzip the archive into the Dwarf Fortress subfolder, overwriting existing files, then generate a new world.

Enjoy.
Pages: 1 ... 31 32 [33] 34 35 ... 41