Poll

No poll

Blah
- 10 (100%)
Bluh
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 41

Author Topic: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions  (Read 185357 times)

PiggiesGoMoo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions
« Reply #495 on: January 12, 2017, 06:00:58 pm »

While we wait for the next DF version, here's the patch fixing issues with corruption :

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8QFWS9tHkaaWjdTczBXSmtIY3M/view?usp=sharing

To install it, unzip the archive into the Dwarf Fortress subfolder, overwriting existing files, then generate a new world.

Enjoy.

Just started a game with that patch, and I noticed that 5 of my 7 first succubi and incubi have no names.

EDIT: It seems the second migrant wave all had names, unlike the first. However there was one nightmare foal without a name.
EDIT2: Scratch that, there are still nameless succubi in every migrant wave.
« Last Edit: January 12, 2017, 08:36:26 pm by PiggiesGoMoo »

Dorenabel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 12, 2017, 06:52:21 pm »

@Boltgun
Thanks for answer, but i can't add corset, unless i remove bodysuit, permit on items to low. Well, unless it's succub on arena/adventure - there i can add corsets, but it's unimportant because equipping items in fort mode use a slightly different set of rules and i have no interest in any mode except fortress. Another issue with corsets - civilians wear them and steal from stockpiles like there is no tomorrow. Each time when merchants arrive i can sell anything except corsets - hundreds of them claimed and unavaliable for trade without dfhack. Also i found on wiki that [STRUCTURAL_ELASTICITY_WOVEN_THREAD] wich corsets have making even cloth from adamantine useless in combat while bodysuit have [STRUCTURAL_ELASTICITY_CHAIN_ALL] and better coverage. All together was the reason why i used bodysuit in my uniform template instead of corsets, but i totally skipped [METAL_ARMOR_LEVELS] on corset before you answered and i inspected raws again. At least i consider corsets as a worthy alternative to bodysuits now and i'll probably test what actually better in combat, but later, because i have more important issues atm - like: "Why can't i milk tentacle monsters? I am sure manual had something about it - disable standardized milk, new world gen. Okay, so now i have something i can use as oil and it's free.. Wait, so hardened leather require tallow, not oil, i am pretty sure i had solid oil industry last time i played to improve leather.. Well, it was long ago and it was another races, so doesn't matter actually, i guess the process of milking tentacle monsters totally worth it to have in the game, even without benefits - it's fine, probably i could use more soap in fortress.. Why there is no reference to obsidian in ammo and armor stockpile? - Well, sometimes it's better to give up and forge arrows instead.. And merchants always ready to take away excess of obsidian armor, unless they came before i built trade depot and wagons simply vaporized on map edge leaving alot of good stuff on ground. Or maybe they died like one another migrant before - just died when i was inspecting who came to my fort, she barely crossed half of screen from map edge and just died on my eyes without any trace in game log, probably she just was too old and her time has come.. Wait, aren't they live like 5-6 thousand years? Aha, i knew it, rarely, but gauntlets which neither left nor right exist! I wish all of them was like this in the game, even if it's anatomically inaccurate." In short - i am really enjoying playing succub fortress, thanks for creating it  :P

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 12, 2017, 07:30:13 pm »

@Boltgun
Thanks for answer, but i can't add corset, unless i remove bodysuit, permit on items to low. Well, unless it's succub on arena/adventure - there i can add corsets, but it's unimportant because equipping items in fort mode use a slightly different set of rules and i have no interest in any mode except fortress. Another issue with corsets - civilians wear them and steal from stockpiles like there is no tomorrow. Each time when merchants arrive i can sell anything except corsets - hundreds of them claimed and unavaliable for trade without dfhack. Also i found on wiki that [STRUCTURAL_ELASTICITY_WOVEN_THREAD] wich corsets have making even cloth from adamantine useless in combat while bodysuit have [STRUCTURAL_ELASTICITY_CHAIN_ALL] and better coverage. All together was the reason why i used bodysuit in my uniform template instead of corsets, but i totally skipped [METAL_ARMOR_LEVELS] on corset before you answered and i inspected raws again. At least i consider corsets as a worthy alternative to bodysuits now and i'll probably test what actually better in combat, but later, because i have more important issues atm - like: "Why can't i milk tentacle monsters? I am sure manual had something about it - disable standardized milk, new world gen. Okay, so now i have something i can use as oil and it's free.. Wait, so hardened leather require tallow, not oil, i am pretty sure i had solid oil industry last time i played to improve leather.. Well, it was long ago and it was another races, so doesn't matter actually, i guess the process of milking tentacle monsters totally worth it to have in the game, even without benefits - it's fine, probably i could use more soap in fortress.. Why there is no reference to obsidian in ammo and armor stockpile? - Well, sometimes it's better to give up and forge arrows instead.. And merchants always ready to take away excess of obsidian armor, unless they came before i built trade depot and wagons simply vaporized on map edge leaving alot of good stuff on ground. Or maybe they died like one another migrant before - just died when i was inspecting who came to my fort, she barely crossed half of screen from map edge and just died on my eyes without any trace in game log, probably she just was too old and her time has come.. Wait, aren't they live like 5-6 thousand years? Aha, i knew it, rarely, but gauntlets which neither left nor right exist! I wish all of them was like this in the game, even if it's anatomically inaccurate." In short - i am really enjoying playing succub fortress, thanks for creating it  :P
Apologies for probably dumb question, i haven't played DF 2 or 3 years or something like this, it took 3 days to generate world with embark site which I like, (glumprongs,terrifying biome, ocean shore, river and rain of blood with alot of neighbors) and atm I really want to play instead of inspecting raws and wiki.. Is optimal succubus uniform look like this?  ::)
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Order of being added to the uniform...
item listed above another is considered under, and will equip if possible, some items can fit over or under, corsets only fit under. so in the order you stated of:
Leather Armor/(Breastplate) - Shaped armor
Mailshirt - Because why not.
Upper Bodysuit - UBSTEP:MAX
the leather armor is on bottom, the mailshirt is slid over that and the bodysuit is situated on top of everything(its stretchy).

the modified setup would be:
corset - first its fitted and wont let anything under it.
Leather armor or breastplate - sure why not, I always put it on last but why not.
mailshirt - eh lets cover up more
upper bodysuit.... now I look like a body builder with a lot of gear under it....

but since the mailshirt does not wear out at least it protects leather armor.... but the bodysuit is going to get shredded.

reverse the order:
corset - first its fitted and wont let anything under it.
upper bodysuit.... now I look like a ballarina like I'm suppose to....
Leather armor or breastplate
mailshirt - now your mail shirt is protecting wear on everything else.

you can do the same with just about everything else, so leggings first then greaves, the other way it wont equip.  socks first then boots, thong first then lower bodysuit.

modifying this list.

Head:
mask/veil - don't succubus get one of these.
Helm - default option

Body:
Corset
Upper Bodysuit

Leather Armor/(Breastplate) - Shaped armor
Mailshirt - Because why not.

Legs:
thong
stockings

Lower Bodysuit
Leggings - defensive armor for blades
Greaves - serious armor for hammers bites etc.
skirt is still impossible without loosing greaves... which provide better protection.

Gloves:
mittens/gloves
Gauntlets

Boots:
socks
High Boots

add:
cloak
shield

its been a couple of months since I played succubus, but the order of equipping is always inside to outside as you go down the list.  If it can't go over, try to put it under. 

the rest of what you post... oil is not for improving leather... tallow does that, but you can make soap from the tentacle oils.

obsidian armors and weapons suck unless you aren't finding metals you need... they have to be manually set in the equip menu in the military screen and never get picked up without doing so.  Same for the ammo, you have to manually set them in the ammunition menu in the military screen. 

Chances are if you are just like any other succubus player, you have set your map on fire a dozen times... primary loss of traders is their wagons and goods were caught in a fire. 

Migrants shouldn't be just dying... unless it was one of the various intelligent pet races who stepped through a fire. 

some of the guantlet creation reactions that occur not at a forge will produce not left or right gauntlets... the handedness should be applied by a dfhack script that is running in the background on succubus... give it a day or two... 
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 13, 2017, 03:44:25 am »

While we wait for the next DF version, here's the patch fixing issues with corruption :

To install it, unzip the archive into the Dwarf Fortress subfolder, overwriting existing files, then generate a new world.

Enjoy.

Just started a game with that patch, and I noticed that 5 of my 7 first succubi and incubi have no names.

EDIT: It seems the second migrant wave all had names, unlike the first. However there was one nightmare foal without a name.

This might be related to the extended dictionary, I'll have to check.

I forgot about fort mode rules being a bit different. But I had no issues with metal corsets, METAL_ARMOR_LEVELS make metal corset a whole different. Either way it is worth dropping bodysuits for corsets, especially if you already have a mail shirt.

I'll fix tentacle monsters milking to enforce slime production. Standardized tissues and products can cause a lot of problems so tell me whenever something is not working as it should. I will add oil based leather soon to make slime useful, along with another tier of leather products to make good armor. You never have enough soap anyway.

Obsidian ammo and armor are an oddball. They cannot be stockpiled and must be manually given in the military > equip screen and there isn't much we can do about it. Same for glass armor. It is a bit annoying but the workshop can hold a lot of products before getting cluttered.

I'm glad that you enjoy it.

Dorenabel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 13, 2017, 06:50:09 am »

@Amostubal
Order of being added to the uniform...
I am grateful for this.  :D Yes, for this one sentence - i have no idea why but this triggered something buried very deep in memory, no seriously, i just stopped at variant without corset and stockings in initial post because i had all kinds of item equipment problems simply because one sock or stocking was always missing or boot or whatever else and i couldn't figure out how to make it work, so i tought it's LAYER_SIZE or LAYER_PERMIT messing things..
And so i resolved last issues with uniform:

reverse the order: etc etc
it's unnecessary - well, it's good and somewhat helpful if you know nothing, but in my case i simply forgot almost all, but had idea how it should be, but i had to inspect raws, wiki (but i forgot how to read raws, what is what, 3 years passed alot of things could change, etc etc etc) and create my own easy to read list, and in the end this is exactly what i did.. after i solved issue with boots and stockings. But as long as you have right items in uniform in any order - soldiers will equip everything, you can test it yourself, well except cursed BOOTS slot, that's why i was looking for "uniform", not item list, and Boltgun gave me absolutely correct answer about corset, but i was confused myself in initial post (and was confused until today because i turned blind eye on equipment for some time), no, seriously, type in google "bodysuit", look on all those girls on pictures and try to imagine how to wear this OVER armor.. so i sort of inspected raws initially, but in my mind bodysuit was UNDER, both lower and upper suits, and thanks to BOOTS my mind wasn't focused around what and how they wear on body.. actually i was sure suits is UNDER until i made my list

the rest of what you post... oil is not for improving leather... tallow does that, but you can make soap from the tentacle oils.
I fugured that out but whole part in quotes was not questions but attemp to share enjoyment. Yes, there is some question marks but they aren't questions  :P

obsidian armors and weapons suck unless you aren't finding metals you need... they have to be manually set in the equip menu in the military screen and never get picked up without doing so.  Same for the ammo, you have to manually set them in the ammunition menu in the military screen.
Military able to use them just fine, unless you have something better and want to use obsidian instead, stockpiles on other hand.. But obsidian equipment in my games isn't for fighting against sieges - it's still armor, and soldiers able to train armor skill. If everyone in military they can have at least some armor and survive minor accidents (even accidents involving uninvited guests with just 3 wrestlers without shields - good enought for basically free armor) Zero management for whole industry and magma wells ready to spawn magma from south instead of north - right in moat full of walking dead invaders - "See you around, ferromancer." No any enjoyment or kills count from them anyway. As for good materials - on previous embark i had map full of cobaltite, almost nothing else, but succubs can't refine it, in current game i have flux and tons of gold + platinum, but it's fine.. never had mining game in DF, most of my metals always from traders/invaders. Haven't had a chance to catch even basilisk yet either for afelsteel.. But before first few waves of invasions i still have to use something for training and obsidian fits just fine for this. For late game yes, it's bad, but i have to much new worldgens and embarks to adjust settings in game how i want etc.

Chances are if you are just like any other succubus player, you have set your map on fire a dozen times... primary loss of traders is their wagons and goods were caught in a fire.
I set several times several maps on fire already, (i wish i had something like "Consume Flames" ritual to stop fires on whole map  :-\) but this was accident in last embark and i haven't even single forest fire on map yet. It was first summer caravan from succubs, (that's why no Trade Depot, i have nothing to sell at first summer anyway) i see warning "wagons passed inaccesible site or something like this", instantly hit pause - look where they are, inspect creatures on map - wow, "Wagon" is dead/missing! But i guess i'll have another embark for recent fix soon to try it again, unless it's 100% repetable for any embark -  random bugs to random to bother..

Migrants shouldn't be just dying... unless it was one of the various intelligent pet races who stepped through a fire. 
Pure succub/incub whatever, no any fire.. Some toxic rains but no one else died from them except some fliers, probably they freeze in terror or something like this and die from fall damage - nothing else except fall damage in log. Maybe she spawned without brain or blood or whatever - some migrants missing limbs sometimes, maybe she had some curse - several  towers around, i dunno. Unless i'll encounter few more like this and find something in common it's unimportant.

some of the guantlet creation reactions that occur not at a forge will produce not left or right gauntlets... the handedness should be applied by a dfhack script that is running in the background on succubus... give it a day or two...
I'll check gauntlets later again but i guess that's exactly what happened.

@Boltgun

I forgot about fort mode rules being a bit different. But I had no issues with metal corsets, METAL_ARMOR_LEVELS make metal corset a whole different. Either way it is worth dropping bodysuits for corsets, especially if you already have a mail shirt.
Already did it today. From now on it's corset+armor+chain for body. I just had few mistakes on my part but before i sorted them out i guess no one could help me because question itself was slightly incorrect, i messed up with layers on bodysuits, well doesn't matter anymore but i wish i had equipment table for mod+vanilla items before i started playing.. nothing especial to check raws when you playing offten and know most bugs, but in my case i prefer to forget almost everything about games before returning to them. Making things more interesting.

I'll fix tentacle monsters milking to enforce slime production. Standardized tissues and products can cause a lot of problems so tell me whenever something is not working as it should. I will add oil based leather soon to make slime useful, along with another tier of leather products to make good armor. You never have enough soap anyway.
Oil for leather improvement was just old memories, unless it's already was in plans it's better to leave memories in past  :) I wish i knew how some things should be though - wouldn't spend so much time time for trial and errors. I still have no idea why sometimes summoned from portal creatures behave fine and sometimes going rambo on whole fort or why they have so much numbers in names etc but i guess it's all like obsidian gear - to easy to spot, so it would have been fixed already if it was easy to fix.

PS ignore typos and mistakes - haven't studied english and haven't time to check grammar or spelling today  ::)

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: January 13, 2017, 07:49:52 am »

Enjoy.

No need to be checked.... there was ano error in 0.9 of the expanded dictionary of several blank word errors... it's already fixed in the latest edition.  It primarily effected base English, succubus and kobold....  blank words are now a priority for that script... but in 10.2 (latest stable edition) and 10.3(current work in progress) no blank words present.  Link to 10.2 in my signature.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

meltorefas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: February 18, 2017, 03:59:15 am »

So in 1.23 I am still having the issue where summoned HFS are hostile. Also reloading from a save prior to summoning the HFS always results in the same type of HFS being summoned... not sure if this is intended, but I would actually prefer being able to savescum my way to something that isn't made of fire.

I've uploaded a save right before the HFS is summoned, in case that is relevant: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12726

(Note: I am using modded RAWs, but nothing related to this I don't think. Mostly cosmetic stuff like changing succubus racial names/descriptions, removing male frog demon caste to prevent them from breeding, friendly/less evil ferric elves, and a few other minor things.)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: February 19, 2017, 04:22:23 am »

So in 1.23 I am still having the issue where summoned HFS are hostile. Also reloading from a save prior to summoning the HFS always results in the same type of HFS being summoned... not sure if this is intended, but I would actually prefer being able to savescum my way to something that isn't made of fire.

I've uploaded a save right before the HFS is summoned, in case that is relevant: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12726

(Note: I am using modded RAWs, but nothing related to this I don't think. Mostly cosmetic stuff like changing succubus racial names/descriptions, removing male frog demon caste to prevent them from breeding, friendly/less evil ferric elves, and a few other minor things.)

I fixed that in this patch : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8QFWS9tHkaaWjdTczBXSmtIY3M/view?usp=sharing

Meph did not integrate it in the game yet. But if you add the scripts directly into your save this should fix your problems.

meltorefas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: February 27, 2017, 12:36:43 am »

I fixed that in this patch : https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8QFWS9tHkaaWjdTczBXSmtIY3M/view?usp=sharing

Meph did not integrate it in the game yet. But if you add the scripts directly into your save this should fix your problems.

Ahh, sorry, I must have missed that when I was looking back through the thread! Thank you very much. :D

Actually it looks like I was already using that patch. Regardless, I tried applying (or reapplying) it just now and summoned HFS are still hostile. :(
« Last Edit: February 27, 2017, 12:59:33 am by meltorefas »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: February 28, 2017, 04:40:22 am »

Ahh, sorry, I must have missed that when I was looking back through the thread! Thank you very much. :D

Actually it looks like I was already using that patch. Regardless, I tried applying (or reapplying) it just now and summoned HFS are still hostile. :(

Okay, I'll give it another test. Underwold creatures behaved badly in this version.

Harem-Rose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: April 20, 2017, 08:04:48 pm »

Hello,

I have been having a similar issue as g5ash with corruption. I have screen capped his post here: http://i.imgur.com/lmahwUT.png

I had this issue about a year ago and I gave up trying to use it for a while.

Recently I came back and tried my hand at another fortress. It took about 4 years before I was ambushed by war elephants. I captured most of them and killed the rest.
The ones that I captured had their cages constructed around a Den of Iniquity I had constructed for this purpose. I set up a corrupt prisoners job and waited till a succubus was at the job site starting the job. I saved and made a backup. I reloaded and let the job run. It worked in transforming 1 of the 13 war elephants I had around it. I got an announcement that "war elephant has transformed into Oni". The new oni was not showing up in my citizens, or pets. I checked 'others' and saw that instead of a war elephant there was a 'mace dame' 'caged prisoner'.

I ran another corruption job. A succubi came by and performed the actions, got a similar dfhack message. However it looks like it tried to convert the oni that was already transformed.
I moved that oni cage to a cell, linked it to a lever, locked the door, and let her out. She showed as an invader. I let her out and she started attacking people. Backed out and reloaded. Rinse and repeat. Another invader.
This time I moved the cage and tried another job. It worked and I ended up with another invader Oni. I moved this one again and let it out in a locked room. I kept running more jobs until I had ran it about 10 times.
Out of 10 times I ended up with 2 citizens. The first one I quickly let out, which ended up with him getting chased around the fort by other succubi before getting killed. The second one I put some food in with her, left her in the room (not cage) for a while (a few days?) and let her out. At first she didn't leave her room so I added her to an empty military squad and told her to station somewhere. Several animals came and started to attack her. She started fighting back, which led to other succubi arriving to maul her to death.

I took a few captures of dfhack after the corruption ran:

This image shows two jobs that converted the war elephants into Oni, but left them as invaders
This is another showing two failed jobs leading to "invader" oni.
This image shows the corruption job that led to the "citizen". The other issue is that releasing the "citizen" oni has them walk around a little bit before getting attacked by, or attacking animals in the fort. This irritates all the other succubi which causes them to kill the new "citizen". (Or be killed by the new citizen)

I uploaded the saves here:
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12851

I made a couple of small changes that I feel are unrelated to my issue, however I am providing the information in case there is some reason for the issues.
- I made a small change to the raws to have "summon tentacle monster" use venom instead of nightmare milk. I had buckets of Nightmare milk and I couldn't activate that job. The milk was not in use by a job and was also in a stockpile near the summoning portal.
- I was having an issue with the succupatch's language not having enough words so I had created a program in excel to duplicate the dwarven language to the succubus language for any words that were missing which I then placed into the language_succubus file.

I definitely appreciate all the work you have put in to this mod and would love to be able to use the corruption feature as it is a very interesting concept. I would love something other than soap as a reagent, succubi and guests keep stealing it to wash themselves. It rains nauseating filth on this map every other day. I don't like changing rules to suit me unless the current rules aren't working as intended (Nightmare Milk).

I was curious though, is corruption supposed to convert all at once, or one at a time?

I would like to thank you ahead of time for looking into this.

EDIT #01:
I was asked what version I am using.
I used 1.24b to generate the world. I copied the saves to the 1.24c folder. I know for general purposes this won't change most of what's generated, however any scripts that are referenced should be affected.
Just because: I am including picture links of all of the masterwork settings as they were in 1.24b when I initially generated the world.
http://i.imgur.com/NelUOFd.png
http://i.imgur.com/NEoxcXl.png
http://i.imgur.com/KlOwFHC.png
http://i.imgur.com/jv87rvp.png
http://i.imgur.com/q4xuaQF.png
http://i.imgur.com/xGNQCqc.png
http://i.imgur.com/IpxvcN7.png
http://i.imgur.com/HdAKmFx.png
http://i.imgur.com/afoDHhE.png
http://i.imgur.com/rcIGMLZ.png
« Last Edit: April 20, 2017, 09:48:26 pm by Harem-Rose »

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: April 20, 2017, 08:48:36 pm »

Hello,

I have been having a similar issue as g5ash with corruption. I have screen capped his post here: http://i.imgur.com/lmahwUT.png

I had this issue about a year ago and I gave up trying to use it for a while.

Recently I came back and tried my hand at another fortress. It took about 4 years before I was ambushed by war elephants. I captured most of them and killed the rest.
The ones that I captured had their cages constructed around a Den of Iniquity I had constructed for this purpose. I set up a corrupt prisoners job and waited till a succubus was at the job site starting the job. I saved and made a backup. I reloaded and let the job run. It worked in transforming 1 of the 13 war elephants I had around it. I got an announcement that "war elephant has transformed into Oni". The new oni was not showing up in my citizens, or pets. I checked 'others' and saw that instead of a war elephant there was a 'mace dame' 'caged prisoner'.

I ran another corruption job. A succubi came by and performed the actions, got a similar dfhack message. However it looks like it tried to convert the oni that was already transformed.
I moved that oni cage to a cell, linked it to a lever, locked the door, and let her out. She showed as an invader. I let her out and she started attacking people. Backed out and reloaded. Rinse and repeat. Another invader.
This time I moved the cage and tried another job. It worked and I ended up with another invader Oni. I moved this one again and let it out in a locked room. I kept running more jobs until I had ran it about 10 times.
Out of 10 times I ended up with 2 citizens. The first one I quickly let out, which ended up with him getting chased around the fort by other succubi before getting killed. The second one I put some food in with her, left her in the room (not cage) for a while (a few days?) and let her out. At first she didn't leave her room so I added her to an empty military squad and told her to station somewhere. Several animals came and started to attack her. She started fighting back, which led to other succubi arriving to maul her to death.

I took a few captures of dfhack after the corruption ran:

This image shows two jobs that converted the war elephants into Oni, but left them as invaders
This is another showing two failed jobs leading to "invader" oni.
This image shows the corruption job that led to the "citizen". The other issue is that releasing the "citizen" oni has them walk around a little bit before getting attacked by, or attacking animals in the fort. This irritates all the other succubi which causes them to kill the new "citizen". (Or be killed by the new citizen)

I uploaded the saves here:
http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12851

I made a couple of small changes that I feel are unrelated to my issue, however I am providing the information in case there is some reason for the issues.
- I made a small change to the raws to have "summon tentacle monster" use venom instead of nightmare milk. I had buckets of Nightmare milk and I couldn't activate that job. The milk was not in use by a job and was also in a stockpile near the summoning portal.
- I was having an issue with the succupatch's language not having enough words so I had created a program in excel to duplicate the dwarven language to the succubus language for any words that were missing which I then placed into the language_succubus file.

I definitely appreciate all the work you have put in to this mod and would love to be able to use the corruption feature as it is a very interesting concept. I would love something other than soap as a reagent, succubi and guests keep stealing it to wash themselves. It rains nauseating filth on this map every other day. I don't like changing rules to suit me unless the current rules aren't working as intended (Nightmare Milk).

I was curious though, is corruption supposed to convert all at once, or one at a time?

I would like to thank you ahead of time for looking into this.

I'll ask only because I spotted it first.... which version of masterwork was you operating in?  if its 1.24c I'm interested in the issue.  if its 1.23 then the next question is did you have the patch from above from boltgun installed?

versions matter, and I haven't played succubus since 1.22.... I really should... but I haven't had the time.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Harem-Rose

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: April 20, 2017, 09:46:49 pm »

I generated the world in 1.24b (43.05)
I did apply the SuccuPatch_1612.7z (This is what caused the succubus language to go from 14000 words to 1700, which is why I had to fix it)

I also downloaded 1.24c (43.05) and moved my save over there. I additionally verified that all of the .lua files referenced in the error report I provided matched line per line (notepad++ compare feature) to the ones that were provided in the succupatch file.

The big thing holding me back from trying with a newly generated world in 1.24c is that it took 4 years to get my first siege of any kind. I don't know dfhack well enough to generate bars of soap and chains, create a den of iniquity, and spawn 1-5 caged invaders to test it out. Or if it's even possible.

Just because: I am including picture links of all of the masterwork settings as they were in 1.24b when I initially generated the world.
I will also edit my previous post to include these links to keep all of this troubleshooting information together.

Going through those pages made me notice that I have "standardized milk" enabled which may be causing the tentacle monster spawning to not work. It's strange though because I definitely had "Nightmare's milk".

I included a small bit of information on the download page for the saves that I didn't include in the initial post.
FYI pic of my DF directory: http://i.imgur.com/pTjHyIt.png

Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: April 21, 2017, 04:24:45 am »

I generated the world in 1.24b (43.05)
I did apply the SuccuPatch_1612.7z (This is what caused the succubus language to go from 14000 words to 1700, which is why I had to fix it)

I also downloaded 1.24c (43.05) and moved my save over there. I additionally verified that all of the .lua files referenced in the error report I provided matched line per line (notepad++ compare feature) to the ones that were provided in the succupatch file.

The big thing holding me back from trying with a newly generated world in 1.24c is that it took 4 years to get my first siege of any kind. I don't know dfhack well enough to generate bars of soap and chains, create a den of iniquity, and spawn 1-5 caged invaders to test it out. Or if it's even possible.

I will also edit my previous post to include these links to keep all of this troubleshooting information together.

Going through those pages made me notice that I have "standardized milk" enabled which may be causing the tentacle monster spawning to not work. It's strange though because I definitely had "Nightmare's milk".

I included a small bit of information on the download page for the saves that I didn't include in the initial post.
FYI pic of my DF directory: http://i.imgur.com/pTjHyIt.png

Please let me know if you have any other questions.
lols, that was more than I needed, its been my experience here lately that I'd go to figure out an error and run into things that had already been fixed.  you've peeked my interest because I applied the succubus patch above in version 1.24 test.  then afterwards fixed a bunch of lua scripts in version 1.24b because of incompatibility with DF 43.05 and DFHack 43.05.

1.24c was a fix for all the language files.

So you had installed the succubus patch over 1.24b?  I'm going to download it today and look at it... I'm wondering if any of the script fixes I wrote were broken by the patch.  beyond that its bolt guns baby.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: April 21, 2017, 06:46:06 am »

on closer inspection of your post I see a real error... unit.relations is no longer a valid field... its one real change between 43.03 to 43.05... I thought I searched for those already.  that would cause some serious issues, as that breaks the script at that point... I'll apply appropriate fixes to the lua script and see if it clears up the issue.  It may take me a moment to write an appropriate fix.  I'm wondering where that file came from...
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
Pages: 1 ... 32 33 [34] 35 36 ... 41