Poll

No poll

Blah
- 10 (100%)
Bluh
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 41

Author Topic: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions  (Read 187256 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions
« Reply #540 on: May 22, 2017, 02:53:51 am »

Do you have an error on dfhack? While it worked for on vanilla, I got the word that there is a script error with magma on 1.25. I am checking it out.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: May 22, 2017, 02:46:56 pm »

On the bright side, onMapLoad was exactly what I needed for my next script.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: May 23, 2017, 07:23:08 pm »

yeah bolt, I fixed that issue it was totally my fault.  I just never thought about actually turning a magma well on....  Did you like the other things I did with the init?

basically onLoad.init always loads first.  when the world is first loading.  once it loads the map onMapLoad.init runs.  at the end of onMapLoad.init there is a check for fort civ, after which it sends you to a individual script for each entity, doing so avoids loading everyone's stuff in one big list... easier to edit individual races.

its a basic if_entity call to check a race,
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: May 24, 2017, 07:58:33 pm »

hey boltgun:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164068.0

was there any changes to liquid_fire for the succubus clothing recently?  they are suddenly appearing on dwarfs... lol.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: May 29, 2017, 07:22:34 am »

hey boltgun:
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=164068.0

was there any changes to liquid_fire for the succubus clothing recently?  they are suddenly appearing on dwarfs... lol.

I'm going to remove them and see if it still happens. That is surprising that it consider liquid fire a valid cloth based on a reaction, I though it only happened on metal bar production.

It would help if we could see if we get liquid fire succubus items (corset/thong...) or simply fire clothing like pants or shirts.

In all cases, if you made liquid fire items and you abandon fort, then dwarves pick them up, I'll have to remove the items because it means that the game isn't smart enough to forbid by temperature.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2017, 07:26:11 am by Boltgun »

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: May 29, 2017, 10:55:37 am »

It apparently is just migrants showing up with pants and shirts on.... which is interesting... I have no idea why it would start doing this now...  I've nto had anything to do with the material.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #547 on: May 29, 2017, 03:11:38 pm »

It apparently is just migrants showing up with pants and shirts on.... which is interesting... I have no idea why it would start doing this now...  I've nto had anything to do with the material.

That's odd, but that should mean random melting dwarves in adv mode too.

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: May 29, 2017, 03:27:18 pm »

I have yet t see it occur on several different embarks... apparently it happens even during embarking... so I'm going to create a new gen with succubus and dwarf enabled and see how many embarks I have to create before a dwarf sets the place on fire....  I don't think there is any reason the material should appear...  but I really want to see it...  everyone that has reported did not supply saves.   I want to make sure it is the liquid fire from succubus.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: May 29, 2017, 04:18:13 pm »

and after 20 embarks as dwarves with active succubus forts all over the place.... no liquid fire clothing... I'm going to say its very rare... and we need a game save with it occurring, before we waste time hunting for an example anymore.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: May 30, 2017, 03:17:42 am »

and after 20 embarks as dwarves with active succubus forts all over the place.... no liquid fire clothing... I'm going to say its very rare... and we need a game save with it occurring, before we waste time hunting for an example anymore.

It will not take a long time to will replace the reaction with a spawn-item script, so DF will be fooled into thinking there is no cloth produced. Then we'll see if it still occur.

Muxia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: June 09, 2017, 07:24:42 pm »

Just wondering that are the Meph's tileset (Reply #462) about the succubus usable or not?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: June 10, 2017, 05:19:46 am »

Just wondering that are the Meph's tileset (Reply #462) about the succubus usable or not?

They should be included if you select Meph's tileset in the launcher.

Zara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: June 11, 2017, 03:45:06 am »

Hi Boltgun,

I noticed your mod a few days ago and I've been playing it in my free time ever since. I really appreciate your work. Modding succubi as a playable race brings in some interesting moral ambiguity into the game (even more than with Orcs or Warlocks as playable race), as Dwarf Fortress mostly follows the classical fantasy dualism of good (dwarves, humans, elves) and evil (goblins, kobolds, demons). 

Since I like the original ascii tileset, I'm using the vanilla version (pre-created windows build). There were some crashes, but these had not discernible pattern and were more of a nuisance than a real problem. This also goes for two minor bugs.   

To me, two issues with in-game texts are more important: 1) The embark text is still written from a dwarven perspective. 2) Succubi/Incubi apparently don't have any variation in hair colour; their description either says: "Her/His hair is pumpkin." ,Or: "Her/His pumpkin hair is wavy." I've used to imagine Succubi with predominantly black hair; of course, this doesn't need to be the case, but why the colour pumpkin? Shouldn't there be at least some variation? (There is a great variation in skin colour, though!)

Also, I've read this whole thread, only skipping through the parts discussing the fixing of some bugs; there wasn't much on Succubi mythology, although you did mention lore linking Succubi to hell (?)  as a long term goal in the initial posting. I've got a lot of ideas on this, so if you're interested, I could share them. 

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: June 11, 2017, 11:56:52 am »

...... Succubi/Incubi apparently don't have any variation in hair colour; their description either says: "Her/His hair is pumpkin." ,Or: "Her/His pumpkin hair is wavy." I've used to imagine Succubi with predominantly black hair; of course, this doesn't need to be the case, but why the colour pumpkin? Shouldn't there be at least some variation? (There is a great variation in skin colour, though!)

Predominant hair/eye/skin colors are actually a vanilla feature, creatures inherit physical features from their mother and over a few centuries in worldgen certain bloodlines will outnumber the others because of sheer luck as other strains die out before they can reproduce. Succubi take that feature and run with it because so few succubi can actually find an incubus to get married to and so there's less mothers in worldgen for a set of genes to compete with.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2017, 12:02:12 pm by LMeire »
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle
Pages: 1 ... 35 36 [37] 38 39 ... 41