Poll

No poll

Blah
- 10 (100%)
Bluh
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41

Author Topic: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions  (Read 187272 times)

Brutaka001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions
« Reply #570 on: January 05, 2018, 10:21:53 am »

Been kinda using it like this for my catacombs. I'll dig the area out, smooth the stone and adorn noble tombs with masterwork stuff to keep em from bitchin too much. After thats all done, i use the magma well to set all remaining undug stone in that area to magma aquifers. When a noble dies, they are buried, their walls carved with their deeds, then I mine a single block behind the coffin and the tears fall as the room is filled with glorious magma. The door is then locked forever and covered with gemstone walls. Nobody is sad when my nobles die lol.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: January 08, 2018, 04:56:04 pm »

I just had the caravan trying to get into my fort through a magma moat. They left because (surprise!) their goods melted.

So I guess the succubi now walk in magma, while they avoided it like plague before. It's good, and bad for hauled items.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2018, 04:10:42 am by Boltgun »

Brutaka001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: January 15, 2018, 09:29:11 am »

When a Hill Titan decides to visit your place after the 1 year mark, and you aren't prepared for it. Send out a nightmare, nightmares kill Hill Titans easy it seems.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: January 15, 2018, 11:57:12 am »

Nightmares are destruction incarnate. I played in an evil biomes and herds of wild nightmares visited me regularly to kill my population, running in circles around the wounded to attract more to kill.

harkejuice

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: January 24, 2018, 12:23:48 pm »

I've been seeing this same bug across a few saves in my Succubi forts, a random column of lava will spawn due to (I'm guessing) having a magma well active in the previous save (the fort was destroyed by naga-men). I am pretty sure this is a bug. As I've read somewhere on here that the magma well is pretty buggy to begin with.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: January 24, 2018, 02:21:27 pm »

I did notice that there is trees catching fire when I load the save. I need to test this in the latest df version since there is some fix related to this.

If you can send me the save I can investigate this further.

harkejuice

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: January 24, 2018, 10:19:47 pm »

I did notice that there is trees catching fire when I load the save. I need to test this in the latest df version since there is some fix related to this.

If you can send me the save I can investigate this further.

https://nofile.io/f/989eTGHOqsj/Succubi+Lava+Save+Files.zip

I didn't reclaim the old fort which is what was puzzling. Now I have to go figure out why I just crashed. Another thing I noticed, gem bins, fire weapons and armor aren't playing nice with stockpiles and are effectively ignored. I am guessing this is why you have to assign them specifically? Reminds me of some of the bugs with Necros and their staves.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: January 25, 2018, 03:52:04 am »

Okay I will load it and look for issues.

Fire weapons aren't stockpiled. I removed them along with a bunch of broken items from the next update as they are not working very well anyway and will provide a reaction to add a fire spatter instead.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: February 06, 2018, 10:34:32 am »

I had no luck finding the problems with magma wells but with a new stable dfhack I am updating everything to the newest version of df. There is a chance that our issues are fixed after updating the scripts.

So in addition of removing redundant workshops and materials, I have reintroduced the altar of sin. The succubi can learn one secret and one spell each. So far I ported the secrets of fire and lust, plus a teleport spell. There is quite a few more to go (I plan to add secrets for Chaos and Depravity, plus some more fun minor magic).

I hope to get the old site wide spells working too before Meph get on MDF again, but it will be released for vanilla first.

Steforian

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: February 11, 2018, 07:23:14 pm »

I seem to be unable to corrupt my prisoners... i have them caged right next to the Den yet every time i try i get the 'There were no valid targets for corruption' message. Something im missing or is this a bug in my version? version v1.30 (43.05)

Edit: are black goblins not able to be converted?
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 09:28:03 pm by Steforian »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: February 12, 2018, 03:42:57 am »

I seem to be unable to corrupt my prisoners... i have them caged right next to the Den yet every time i try i get the 'There were no valid targets for corruption' message. Something im missing or is this a bug in my version? version v1.30 (43.05)

Edit: are black goblins not able to be converted?

Are Dark Goblin part of Masterwork or another mod?

Races must be whitelisted to work with conversion so no they cannot be converted until they are updated, I need to see the dark goblins raws to add them. I'm making a note to modify corruption to work on any sentient so this problem do not arise again.

mikes0042

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: February 28, 2018, 05:39:27 pm »

I had no luck finding the problems with magma wells but with a new stable dfhack I am updating everything to the newest version of df. There is a chance that our issues are fixed after updating the scripts.

So in addition of removing redundant workshops and materials, I have reintroduced the altar of sin. The succubi can learn one secret and one spell each. So far I ported the secrets of fire and lust, plus a teleport spell. There is quite a few more to go (I plan to add secrets for Chaos and Depravity, plus some more fun minor magic).

I hope to get the old site wide spells working too before Meph get on MDF again, but it will be released for vanilla first.

Is it possible in the current version for a succubus adventurer to learn these abilities? If so, how?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: March 01, 2018, 11:04:39 am »

Is it possible in the current version for a succubus adventurer to learn these abilities? If so, how?

Not in the current version but it's planned. I want to release on vanilla quickly to catch on the DF version.
- First I'll release with 4 spells (two big and two small)
- Next, jobs to produce sealed spells will be added. After making some in fort mode, you can bring an adventurer to grab the spells.
- And then more powers will be added.

mikes0042

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: March 01, 2018, 12:22:55 pm »

Not in the current version but it's planned. I want to release on vanilla quickly to catch on the DF version.
- First I'll release with 4 spells (two big and two small)
- Next, jobs to produce sealed spells will be added. After making some in fort mode, you can bring an adventurer to grab the spells.
- And then more powers will be added.

Thanks for the quick reply!
I was partly wondering if it was possible for a succubus to uncover those secrets in worldgen and then record them, where an adventurer could recover them, similar to other secrets like necromancy, so I was genning worlds like mad and checking Legends Viewer to see if it'd happened, but no such luck. I also tried giving scholars the powers too, hoping they'd record them in my library.
Also, when it's implemented, will adventurers have the same limitations on their abilities, ie. only one major power, as fortress mode does, or will we be able to combine them?

I'm definitely looking forward to being able to get those abilities! I really want a succubus adventurer who can charm her way to the top, turning her enemies against each other.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 12:26:07 pm by mikes0042 »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: March 03, 2018, 03:06:25 pm »

I saw a migrant coming in with a secret. So it should be possible but very rare. For now DF only push historical figures into researching the occult when they are going to die of old age, and succubi don't. Plus humans prefer to looking into death rather than spheres like lust or fire. As they do not build towers, it take a lot of luck to find a book made from such research. If you do, make sure you take it in a fort to write copies.

But maybe if you start giving pyromancy to your succubi in fort mode and retire it, they may take disciples and start teaching?

I updated the mode for vanilla. The power list is limited and there is no adv mode support yet, but now that it is out I can get started on this.
« Last Edit: March 03, 2018, 03:08:44 pm by Boltgun »
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 41