Poll

No poll

Blah
- 10 (100%)
Bluh
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41

Author Topic: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions  (Read 185334 times)

mikes0042

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions
« Reply #585 on: March 03, 2018, 04:06:44 pm »

One thing - I didn't have access to the Altar of Sin for the longest time; it turns out it's actually missing the opening bracket in the PERMITTED_BUILDING line in the raws. I don't know if that was intentional since the powers aren't fully implemented, but I thought I'd let you know.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: March 04, 2018, 08:24:05 am »

Yes, it was intentional. The raws for the altar was there for quite a while but the execution was bugged so I commented it by leaving a bracked off.

You can get it semi-working in the current MDF by adding the bracket and making sure no interaction in interaction_succubus had an USAGE_HINT:ATTACK.

nellzy

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 28, 2018, 05:25:50 pm »

After my first migrant wave, the Succubi just stop working and idle despite their labors being enabled. Is this a common problem?
I'm using DF ver 0.43.03 with Masterwork V.1.3. Any help would be appreciated.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 29, 2018, 01:38:39 pm »

There could be several factors. The most common one would be burrows. Did you design one and made sure that civilians have no alert active?

In there anything weird in the unit list? If the succubi are guests or visitors, something went super wrong.

Metall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: July 24, 2018, 02:09:49 pm »

If Masterwork gets updated, would you help built the new version and put Succubi on it?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: July 30, 2018, 03:03:09 am »

If Masterwork gets updated, would you help built the new version and put Succubi on it?

Yes, I'll maintain compatibility for it.

lunessia

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Absolute Loon
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: May 14, 2019, 02:27:55 pm »

I have an issue with my fort running right now
So, I spawned on a tile that's supposedly supposed to have sand, but it has Loamy sand. I've been playing through it for awhile, and I've run into problems trying to get my Metalwork and glasswork industry up. The floating glass furnace and magma well require non-economic magma-safe building material. I have Orthoclase and Mica, but I can't make blocks out of them. I can't make sand out of boulders because I don't have the wood to make a windmill or water wheel. Is there anything I can do to get out of this hell loop?

Also, on a side note, can succubi ever get immunity to Warpstone?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: May 18, 2019, 03:48:18 pm »

So, I spawned on a tile that's supposedly supposed to have sand, but it has Loamy sand. I've been playing through it for awhile, and I've run into problems trying to get my Metalwork and glasswork industry up. The floating glass furnace and magma well require non-economic magma-safe building material. I have Orthoclase and Mica, but I can't make blocks out of them. I can't make sand out of boulders because I don't have the wood to make a windmill or water wheel. Is there anything I can do to get out of this hell loop?

Hello, I need to go back into the raws and re-add all the masterwork stuff. Succubi should not only be immune but slightly boosted by mining warpstone.

Unfortunately, loamy sand is a crappy soil that cannot be used for glass or clay works. You are stuck with buying sand from caravans. Otherwise, once you got a hold of a few bags you can make glass blocks at a non-magma glass furnace and then make the wells and workshops you need. If you have no fuel, you can get a few free piece of coals by "Heating the forges" at a furnace. I hope you find metal to compensate for this.

By the way, I fixed a bunch of bugs and will do a patch asap.

lunessia

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Absolute Loon
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: May 20, 2019, 10:40:41 pm »

Oh hallef**kinglujah

Hello, I need to go back into the raws and re-add all the masterwork stuff. Succubi should not only be immune but slightly boosted by mining warpstone.

Unfortunately, loamy sand is a crappy soil that cannot be used for glass or clay works. You are stuck with buying sand from caravans. Otherwise, once you got a hold of a few bags you can make glass blocks at a non-magma glass furnace and then make the wells and workshops you need. If you have no fuel, you can get a few free piece of coals by "Heating the forges" at a furnace. I hope you find metal to compensate for this.

By the way, I fixed a bunch of bugs and will do a patch asap.

lunessia

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Absolute Loon
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: May 20, 2019, 10:43:15 pm »

Is there a way to tell whether the sand will be "Loamy sand" before I embark?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: May 21, 2019, 05:23:38 am »

Is there a way to tell whether the sand will be "Loamy sand" before I embark?

I believe the game simply should not indicate "sand" but only "soil" on the biomes previews. To verify, there should be a dfhack script called "prospector" or something that will list what you will find there and the valid sand types are "<color> sand", like white sand, red sand, etc.

lunessia

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Absolute Loon
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: May 21, 2019, 06:21:34 pm »

Ah, thanks
One more thing, when you release your new patch (Don't feel rushed!) Will you release it to Meph's Masterwork or make an "Unofficial" patch on this thread?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: May 22, 2019, 02:43:50 am »

Ah, thanks
One more thing, when you release your new patch (Don't feel rushed!) Will you release it to Meph's Masterwork or make an "Unofficial" patch on this thread?

I'll put the patch in this thread and let Meph integrate it into Masterwork when he have time to.

Bokaza

• Bay Watcher
  • Forts lost: A lot
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 01, 2019, 03:13:26 am »

Hey, Boltgun. Long time fan of the mod.

I'm having an issue with the Magma Well, namely, it doesn't work. When I finish the spawn magma job nothing happens. I get a DFhack error instead:
https://imgur.com/aYVpcCR
I am fairly certain I am doing the setup right since I've done it before.
https://imgur.com/a/vF5TExJ

My game version is PeridexisErrant's Starter Pack 0.44.12 with the correct extractable version of the mod. Everything else seems to work fine. I've tried turning on aquifers and doing a fresh install but it didn't help.

Ah, RL. The only true slayer of fortresses.
A vile force of Reality has arrived!

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 02, 2019, 03:49:14 pm »

I'll check if something was missing from the extractable version. The scripts behind the well was updated and it's odd that you get this result.
Edit: Bummer, I reproduced the problem. Why did it work when I first tested with? I'll fix that asap.

Meanwhile, here's a patch for Masterwork DF that may fix a few headaches with the civ. Simply extract it in DF, overwriting files as needed.

It will break a few trading reactions if you play other civs as materials were removed. To Meph, here's the errorlog:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: June 02, 2019, 03:54:56 pm by Boltgun »
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41