Poll

No poll

Blah
- 10 (100%)
Bluh
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 41

Author Topic: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions  (Read 185351 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubus☼ - Masterwork Reborn
« Reply #75 on: January 24, 2015, 12:15:00 pm »

There is a GEM reaction class to distinguish gems from stone, I'm including this to prevent cut stone now.

There is some good ideas for soul eating mechanics, not sure how all of this is possible however.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 24, 2015, 05:33:15 pm »

Good news, I ported the summoning system to 0.40 with a lot of improvements. Spawnunit has been modified to act as a library with a semi object behavior. You can set its parameters before asking it to place the units, including the number of copies of the creature you want to spawn, allowing to summon a several creatures in one go.

It also returns the created units in an array for your script to edit further, this allows to perform further actions without hacks.

Now I have to add the actual creatures to summon.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2015, 05:53:00 pm by Boltgun »

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 24, 2015, 05:59:27 pm »

Good news, I ported the summoning system to 0.40 with a lot of improvements. Spawnunit has been modified to act as a library with a semi object behavior. You can set its parameters before asking it to place the units, including the number of copies of the creature you want to spawn, allowing to summon a several creatures in one go.

It also returns the created units in an array for your script to edit further, this allows to perform further actions without hacks.

While you are working on that, might you consider taking the Cotton Candy off the list of usable regents for summoning? It feels a bit strange using the mineral intended to separate the demons from the surface to summon more demons to the surface. :p

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 24, 2015, 06:33:26 pm »

While you are working on that, might you consider taking the Cotton Candy off the list of usable regents for summoning? It feels a bit strange using the mineral intended to separate the demons from the surface to summon more demons to the surface. :p

Will do, it was intended to reduce the number of demons you could get but that price was too high when you get snow demons half of the time.

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #79 on: January 26, 2015, 04:31:45 am »

Hmm, thinking about turning souls into items, how exactly do you determine a soul's value?

A soul has two qualities to be evaluated, mental attributes and skill levels.  Mental attributes range between 0 and 5000.  Also, they are capped at double their default value at birth.  They can be averaged without a problem, but how do you translate their numbers into an item value?

With skills, it's even trickier: is a soul's value the sum total of all its experience?  Is being legendary in one skill enough to qualify a soul as 'masterwork quality'?  Is having their experience spread out among multiple skills valued the same as having it all in one skill?  Fighters tend to have many different skills, while crafters usually have only one, so should a soul who is an expert swordsman, armor user, fighter, and dodger be significantly more valuable than a Legendary Armorsmith?

Then there's the little issue that cats and the like are born legendary climbers, which boosts their value considerably.
It's also tricky because the value of quality levels are fixed.  All non-masterwork levels are a certain multiplier above the base quality (x1, x2, x3, x4, and x5), while masterwork items are x12.

I was thinking about using soul attributes as an item's base quality and using its skills as the decoration quality, while stress levels could be 'damage'.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 26, 2015, 07:44:59 am »

Perhaps will can limit the skills used in this systems, removing misc skills such as climbing. Otherwise you will not have cats as pets eventually so that's not so big of an issue.

I wonder however if it's possible to add a prefix to items so we can see if it's a cat soul or an human soul.

Other skills for quality and attributes for values seems to be a good system. The specifics still need to be found out to prevent million worth of objects. But perhaps 1/100th the sum of attributes could be a value and one quality level for every 5 levels in the highest skill?

Edit : Added back a few creatures to summon, tentacle monsters are very VERY deadly with multiple graps/latching attacks, theuy receive a stab attack too to be closer then 40d demons. Orthi also do the same with their two heads and I am tempted to upgrade them into cerberi. Oh and pain elementals now sets fire everywhere as their sprite suggest. As for nahashes, they now spawn in batches of 3.
« Last Edit: January 26, 2015, 08:50:59 am by Boltgun »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #81 on: January 26, 2015, 09:16:12 am »

Maybe have normal dogs. Make ritual, transform into fireimmune 2headed Orthus. Make second ritual, transform into firebreathing, fireimmune 3headed Cerberus.

If Cerberi and Orthi don't breed (supernatural demon beings and all) then people have to choose between their dog kennels that multiply, or strong war beasts. And it would make it easier to embark with the cheaper, weaker normal dogs (closer to vanilla and therefore easier to understand), but you open up ways for late game tech with the pet upgrades in form of demonic possession (Orthi/Cerberi). :D
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 26, 2015, 09:27:45 am »

Maybe have normal dogs. Make ritual, transform into fireimmune 2headed Orthus. Make second ritual, transform into firebreathing, fireimmune 3headed Cerberus.

If Cerberi and Orthi don't breed (supernatural demon beings and all) then people have to choose between their dog kennels that multiply, or strong war beasts. And it would make it easier to embark with the cheaper, weaker normal dogs (closer to vanilla and therefore easier to understand), but you open up ways for late game tech with the pet upgrades in form of demonic possession (Orthi/Cerberi). :D

Good idea, I can easily make castes for that. I'd like to keep the design of not using natural pets so you'd start with hellhounds, then orthi, then cerberi.

There will be peculiar chambers dedicated for pet upgrades and control. Those will be upgradeable into specialized chambers, I'll start with the 40d classics : frog demons, fire spirits and tentacle monster, I'll add one for the dogs.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #83 on: January 26, 2015, 09:30:07 am »

Understood. :) But keep in mind that for different graphics (2 or 3 headed dogs) the castes wont work that well. They'd look the same.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 26, 2015, 09:41:59 am »

Yes that would be a problem, but I'll think about it. I'll keep those as orthi until I can implement the workshops.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 29, 2015, 08:18:49 am »

While I am unfolding data to bugfix spawnunit I am going to move on corruption and see if makeown suffers the same problem. If it goes well, I'll release that before summoning.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2015, 11:30:35 am »

Quick changelog in alpha 0.0*4 :

Workshops
* Added the magma well and associated reactions.
* Added a forge heating reaction to the smelter, produces one coal and tire the worker.
* Added the slade drill (requires magma), produces slade blocks and boulder for free, uses the mining skill.
* Added the floating glass furnace (requires magma) for mass production of glass blocks and windows.

Succubi
* Updated the succubi for 0.40 with gaits, necks, personality, etc.
* Removed licking and kissing attacks in favor of biting and goring.
* Removed syndromes from saliva.
* Simplified and adjusted descriptors. Please notify me if you find horn descriptions.

Civilization
* Adjusted positions to allow a demonic master.
* Only succubi can access positions, besides monarch.
* Succubi now lives in dark fortresses, pits and [spoilers].
* Adjusted naming of things to make them stand out more.
* For now civ uses mundane pets.

Summoning
* The summoning system has been added but is currently disabled.
* Unfortunately saving and loading the game causes summoned units to go hostile. There is a very slim chance that it does not happen however, go figure.
* If you feel lucky can enable summoning by going into the entity_succubus.txt under dwarf fortress/raw/object folder and add a "[" to the line containing SUMMONING_PORTAL.

Misc
* Added orthus, nightmares, nahashes, pain elementals, frog demon, fire spirits, tentacle monsters.
* Added black roses to evil biomes

Known issues
* Caravans should still kidnap their own pets.
* Adv mode: You cannot fast travel out of pits and fps in dark fortress are generally crap.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 11:33:27 am by Boltgun »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 02, 2015, 07:05:43 pm »

Since summoning will require more debugging, and the dfhack 0.40.24 r2 offer an occasion to better factorize scripts, I am skipping ahead towards corruption. Castes are already prepared, with new ones for orcs and gnomes to be transformed into.

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: February 03, 2015, 12:46:26 am »

Since summoning will require more debugging, and the dfhack 0.40.24 r2 offer an occasion to better factorize scripts, I am skipping ahead towards corruption. Castes are already prepared, with new ones for orcs and gnomes to be transformed into.

Out of curiosity, when MDF eventually moves to the new version that Toady is working on now with multi-race forts, do you plan on keeping corruption more or less the same? It would be cool if corrupted units were alternate castes of their original race, so that way they can use their original race tile set and players can tell who is what at a glance.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 03, 2015, 02:55:04 am »

Out of curiosity, when MDF eventually moves to the new version that Toady is working on now with multi-race forts, do you plan on keeping corruption more or less the same? It would be cool if corrupted units were alternate castes of their original race, so that way they can use their original race tile set and players can tell who is what at a glance.

The corruption system will stay. It will probably use the same system as the current one to not have to edit other creatures files.

Edit: Thanks to their values, the succubi now have a motto. "Why deny your heart's desires?"
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 03:57:08 pm by Boltgun »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 41