Poll

No poll

Blah
- 10 (100%)
Bluh
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 41

Author Topic: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions  (Read 187607 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubus☼ - Masterwork Reborn
« Reply #90 on: February 07, 2015, 12:22:04 pm »

Corruption is working! Somewhat.

Without the ablity to summon sieges at will I only tested in on goblin traders. I did not try that on 0.34 so I don't know how they acted there but when you corrupt traders, they stay at the depot and keep trading. Destroying the depot however cause the ones pulling an animal to join you while their pack beast goes berserk and disappear is pulled into a cage. The ones on the wagon and taken away by the wagon back to the civ, probably because neither the wagon and it's pullers joined you.

I need to figure out of how take units off wagons and maybe cancel the whole trading session. I'll keep playing until I get a siege to see if it works for them.

Oh and good news. After ordering a large eruption, succubi do path through magma when they really need to.

Edit : They cannot join positions, but military is okay. Now I have an undead siege.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2015, 02:52:11 pm by Boltgun »

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2015, 03:06:31 am »

I just released corruption for vanilla here. You can install it in masterwork by deleting all the *masterwork_import.txt files before unzipping.

It's still experimental because I cannot pop sieges anytime. By the way if you could send me saves with sieges that would be neat. It does not matter what race is attacking or what version of mdf is running.

Anyway, try it and tell what do you think of this.  :P
« Last Edit: February 09, 2015, 08:49:10 am by Boltgun »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2015, 08:33:57 am »

I just released corruption for vanilla here. You can install it in masterwork by deleted all the *masterwork_import.txt files before unzipping.

It's still experimental because I cannot just pop sieges anytime. By the way if you could send me saves with sieges that would be neat. It does not matter what race is attacking or what version of mdf is running.

Anyway, try it and tell what do you think of this.  :P

Raise FPS to 500, microembark, flat area, no river, and spawn 100 adamantine items at the start. Sieges should come within 10-15 minutes, at least in 34.11 they did.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 10, 2015, 02:11:58 am »

I havn't moved to the alpha yet, but in the most recent non-reborn version, I have noticed something funny about the Succubi; On the embark prep screen the have access to materials, such as Ironbone and Bloodsteel, that they shouldn't, and yet they can't get Gemtipped Stuff at embark. That may be something to look into going forward if possible.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #94 on: February 10, 2015, 02:23:46 am »

That's normal, because gem-tipped is a rock, while ironbone is a metal. Its depends which material template is used in the raws.

You dont have obsidian swords at embark either, even if you have access to obsidian.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 10, 2015, 03:27:38 am »

As a general rule, if a race can produce a bar or alloy, it's available at embark. The succubi received ironbone and bloodsteel to prevent them to fall too far in the arms race.

Gem tipped and obsidian does not follow this rule because you directly build them from a raw material instead of using bars.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: February 24, 2015, 05:44:52 pm »

I just updated the vanilla version with scripts suited to dfhack r2. This version is lacking twbt but the ability to treat any script as a library and move them into the save folder is really helpful.

That way we'll be able to add corruption in the next release of MDF. It changed a lot internally and no longer use transformation.

By the way, does putting several reaction or script syndrome in the same inorganic or interaction work? Modtools seem to search them by their name and there does not seem to be issues about how we stock the syndromes. Keeping only one bogus item per plugin may be good for stability.

Still no progress on the hostile summons however, but at least some technical issues are our of the way.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2015, 05:46:56 pm by Boltgun »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #97 on: February 24, 2015, 10:32:48 pm »

One inorganic with all syndromes works.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 25, 2015, 08:10:39 am »

One inorganic with all syndromes works.

Nice, I'll make sure to consolidate them then.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: March 12, 2015, 03:57:02 am »

I added a poll to decide if I should merge the keeper of secrets and attorney together.

The idea is that in 0.40 appraisers now drop their current task to go to the depot when asked, making trading much easier, so I wonder if you'd prefer to merge this responsibility with the existing manager/bookkeeper or if you'd rather keep those two separate.

While I'm reviewing responsibility, would you prefer long names or shorter ones? Ie. Warlady vs Lady of pain and Scribe vs Keeper of secrets?

than402

• Bay Watcher
  • DF2014:we all knew it was inevitable
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: March 12, 2015, 03:58:42 am »

Personally, I like the long ones better

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #101 on: March 12, 2015, 10:37:38 am »

Thematically the longer ones, from a cut-off-text-perspective the shorter ones. With the new Twbt in the new version that allows smaller text font tilesets, I'd stick to the longer names, as the cut-off problem should be a thing of the past.

chaosfiend

• Bay Watcher
  • Hail the Cutebold Overlords
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: March 12, 2015, 11:35:46 am »

Longer text is much more interesting in my eyes.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: March 12, 2015, 03:18:33 pm »

Okay for longer text, I'll seek more for existing positions too once we're decided on the keeper of secrets responsibilities.

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: March 12, 2015, 05:08:52 pm »

I'd keep the responsibilities seperate because you can always just assign one succubus to multiple noble positions.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 41