Poll

No poll

Blah
- 10 (100%)
Bluh
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 41

Author Topic: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions  (Read 185323 times)

Weirdsound

• Bay Watcher
  • Whoosh!
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubus☼ - Masterwork Reborn
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2015, 02:27:26 pm »

Another thought that sprang into my mind; Once Toady has it set so that multi-race forts are a thing, you are going to want a reaction that allows resident non-succubi to self corrupt.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 15, 2015, 02:15:42 am »

Another thought that sprang into my mind; Once Toady has it set so that multi-race forts are a thing, you are going to want a reaction that allows resident non-succubi to self corrupt.

Yes, ideally I'll make all characters who join the civ corrupted if there is a way to transform someone in a distant land.

I made a few tests on populations and there does not seem to be issues after all. In fact, goblins are way more overrun by foreigners in short world gen. I'll gather more numbers to confirm that before making a report but the game might simply be biased towards foreigners create interesting stories like cacame.

For security they'll be more interested in marriage and not just romance. That should secure the civ.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 05:37:59 am by Boltgun »

Loyal

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:rogueish looks]
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 15, 2015, 07:37:48 pm »

Re: gender ratio. Perhaps you could implement a "breeding program" similar to what Kobolds have (albeit more limited/expensive). Or cook up a reaction that transforms corrupted beings into full Succubi.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #33 on: January 15, 2015, 07:45:17 pm »

Note: He means the reaction I have in kobolds mode that instantly turns any female worker pregnant. You can even set how far advanced the pregnancy is (how much time passes till birth) and that is regardless of marriage status.

Kobolds that go into the breeding warren give insta-birth. Makes sense because they are adults when they are 1 year old, and die with 15 years. Not sure how useful it is for long living races.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Rydel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 15, 2015, 07:47:53 pm »

Since reactions aren't used during world-gen, any "breeding program" wouldn't fix the issue of them getting overrun by a slave group

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2015, 07:48:48 pm »

Why again are POP_RATIOS not working?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 16, 2015, 01:45:33 am »

I generated more worlds and the issue does not seem to be caused by breeding.

Succubi civs tends to have 10% of foreigners at 125 years. This rises to 15-20% at 550 years, depending on luck. Goblins are showing similar numbers too depending of how many wars were won. You can conclude that the civs are not getting overrun. Without babysnatcher, the civs sits at around 10% of foreigners.

On a side note, goblins tend to snatch plenty of succubi.

So the issue that the game keeps picking foreigners for some reason, perhaps it tests attributes or personality and decided that humans are better suited to be leaders? Otherwise there may be issues for very long world gens that would not be much trouble as it will not break fort mode and the fps would be terrible anyway.

Adding creature token to positions fixes the issue, everything but the ruler are now of the right race.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #37 on: January 16, 2015, 04:50:01 am »

Arent leaders picked by their social skills, like the mayor/exped leader?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2015, 04:55:55 am »

Arent leaders picked by their social skills, like the mayor/exped leader?

That's my conclusion, I guess humans are better with words.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2015, 12:07:16 pm »

Implementing basic workshops, the floating glass furnace and the new slade drill are working. Both requires magma so I'd better get working on a way to spawn some.

Visuals are temporary.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 20, 2015, 05:26:56 pm »

I reimplemented the magma well along with a fixed feature.lua. This means that you can build wells using a soul.

If you use a soul straight from butchering, the well will break down after a while. But if you use a soul gem, it will stay indefinitely. Soul gems are not implemented yet but I'll be doing that next.

Here's an alpha of the civ for you to try. http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=7492, it will work in both vanilla and masterwork.  :P

Features added :
- The succubi
- Their civ
- Their armor and clothing
- A magma well
- The slade drill
- The floating glass furnace

On the tech side, I could not use reaction trigger in a separate script, this means that we have to collectively maintain an onLoad.init until I can figure how to use it from a lua file and not an init file.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #41 on: January 20, 2015, 05:44:11 pm »

I think we should be using the same soul system.

I used crafts before, but the hourglass as craft will be gone in 40.x. It was based a bit on the lich myth of storing their souls in a phylactery, meaning they cant die until people destroyed it.

But with that gone, I might start using gems as soul containers in Warlock mode too. Does that sound good to you? ROUGH:NONE:NONE:NONE REACTION_CLASS:GEM + 1 SOUL = 1 SOUL GEM ?

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 20, 2015, 05:49:01 pm »

Yes, that's almost what I used before, with cut gems instead of rough gem for a better control over what to use (there were fossils and stuff to avoid). There was also a second reaction using cut green glass in case you have a glass industry and wanted to preserve souls quickly.

We can use rough gems if you prefer, both are fine for me.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #43 on: January 20, 2015, 06:01:43 pm »

Sounds good. And my mistake with the rough gems, I did mean cut ones. ^^

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2015, 02:32:29 am »

Are we still using souls from butchery?  I thought succubi had a better method, using the Well of Souls?
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 41