Poll

No poll

Blah
- 10 (100%)
Bluh
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 41

Author Topic: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions  (Read 187968 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions (help needed)
« Reply #435 on: July 28, 2016, 02:45:12 am »

I've got a save with an undead siege. The saves are on dffd at:

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=12304

As before there are two saves, One immediately after the siege arrived, one after all undead have been captured.

Since this siege arrived in the middle of the second year, the fort is barely more than a hole in the ground with a bunker on top. There is no military, or gear for one. However, there should be enough iron to quickly outfit one if needed.

I'd also like to note what appears to be a typo in entity_slaver_succubus.txt. The first line on the modest mod section reads: "SYES_MODEST_REACTIONS[PERMITTED_REACTION:MILL_SUGAR]". Is milling sugar a Succubi thing?

Thank you for the save, I don't know what the mill sugar reaction is, but Meph can fix this if it's a typo.

I haven't had my succubi attempt anything with them, actually.  No healing, no making..they just sit at the fireshaper.

Fire-shaped clothing and weaponry is fine but the cloth is useless.

Same here, I am removing them.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #436 on: July 28, 2016, 02:49:42 am »

Milling sugar is part of the modest mod; its just a custom reaction to mill sweet pods. Succubi can do this anyway with "mill plant", modest mod just split that up in a reaction per plant, so you can select the ones you want to mill.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Mithril Leaf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: July 31, 2016, 12:05:18 am »

The tentacle monster description could use a touch up:
[CREATURE:TENTACLE_MONSTER] // Summon, war bodyguard, lays slime, can be milked for food or soap
   [DESCRIPTION:A terrifying creature with many tentacles and a corrupt behaviour. Their slime is dangerous to the touch for mortal creatures, but can be gathered by a milker to serve as a substitute for oil. Their compuslive need to their owners of any contaminants earned them a terrible reputation.]
Typo for behavior and compulsive, something is off for "need to _ their owners".

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: August 02, 2016, 03:47:16 am »

Alright, I fixed the description and now I am adding newer glass materials for armors.

Edit: And finished tempered and layered glass, the former is a somewhat bad material, except for blunt attacks that can equip troops on a budget, the later is slightly better than iron if you take the time to gather potash and sweet pod syrup. You can make blades of tempered glass too and it should perform slightly better than obsidian.

All glass reactions now directly use sand/pearlash/rock crystal, floating furnace included. No more producing raw glass beforehand.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 07:13:18 am by Boltgun »

meltorefas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: August 13, 2016, 04:52:14 am »

The unit was created with civ_id as -1, adding newUnit.civ_id = df.global.ui.civ_id fixed the problem.

Is this still fixed/is this fix in game? Because summoned HFS for me in the current (1.13) version are still hostile. :(

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: August 13, 2016, 05:43:10 am »

The unit was created with civ_id as -1, adding newUnit.civ_id = df.global.ui.civ_id fixed the problem.

Is this still fixed/is this fix in game? Because summoned HFS for me in the current (1.13) version are still hostile. :(

It should have been fixed already, I'll check it out.

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: August 13, 2016, 09:25:16 am »

"Did you really think you could call up the Devil and ask him to behave?" -- Fox Mulder
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #442 on: August 14, 2016, 08:06:42 am »

Shouldnt civId -1 always mean hostile?
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: August 16, 2016, 04:52:06 am »

Shouldnt civId -1 always mean hostile?

Makes me wonder why they were created that way because I ask for the civId upon creation. My guess is that the game enforce this on underworld creatures so that's my lead.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #444 on: August 16, 2016, 05:01:37 am »

I did spawn HFS demons in 34.11 with spawnunit, they were friendly. Its not the creatures, its the new scripts fault.

squamous

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: August 17, 2016, 07:45:44 pm »

If succubi will eventually be able to convert people into demons in worldgen/adventure mode, how will they do it? I was thinking some kind of modified form of the Nightcreature spouse conversion thing.
I make huge and comprehensive overhaul mods, consider supporting me on Patreon so I can do this full-time:
https://www.patreon.com/themodsmith
Have questions? Need to report bugs? Post them in the discord:  https://discord.gg/dGzGr5svS2

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: August 18, 2016, 10:54:15 am »

If succubi will eventually be able to convert people into demons in worldgen/adventure mode, how will they do it? I was thinking some kind of modified form of the Nightcreature spouse conversion thing.

That should be possible as a part of a script that rearrange the succubi settlements when you load the save. This is not going to be done in the current development step however.

meltorefas

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: August 19, 2016, 01:30:42 am »

Checking it out a little more. The HFS show up in Dwarf Therapist as full citizens with assignable labors and everything, but they attack other citizens on sight (and vice-versa) just like hostiles. I checked them with the gm-editor DFHack command, and they show the same civid as my normal citizens. I have run it several times and each time the first creature summoned is a snow specter, the second a pterosaur brute. I noticed the training status on the snow specter defaults to wild-untamed, whereas the pterosaur brute shows up as domesticated and tame. Doesn't seem to matter, they still immediately start attacking and killing.

Not sure any of that is helpful, sorry. Hope you can fix the issue. Really enjoying the mod in any case though!

Dirst

• Bay Watcher
  • [EASILY_DISTRA
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: August 19, 2016, 08:44:15 am »

Checking it out a little more. The HFS show up in Dwarf Therapist as full citizens with assignable labors and everything, but they attack other citizens on sight (and vice-versa) just like hostiles. I checked them with the gm-editor DFHack command, and they show the same civid as my normal citizens. I have run it several times and each time the first creature summoned is a snow specter, the second a pterosaur brute. I noticed the training status on the snow specter defaults to wild-untamed, whereas the pterosaur brute shows up as domesticated and tame. Doesn't seem to matter, they still immediately start attacking and killing.

Not sure any of that is helpful, sorry. Hope you can fix the issue. Really enjoying the mod in any case though!
Sentient creatures always show up as "wild" so that probably isn't the issue.  It sounds like the behavior of being "berserk" which is its own flag under gm-editor.
Just got back, updating:
(0.42 & 0.43) The Earth Strikes Back! v2.15 - Pay attention...  It's a mine!  It's-a not yours!
(0.42 & 0.43) Appearance Tweaks v1.03 - Tease those hippies about their pointy ears.
(0.42 & 0.43) Accessibility Utility v1.04 - Console tools to navigate the map

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: August 23, 2016, 07:24:07 am »

Sentient creatures always show up as "wild" so that probably isn't the issue.  It sounds like the behavior of being "berserk" which is its own flag under gm-editor.

It might be a specific demon that caused this because mine were fine when I summoned them. The portal however kept crashing the game within seconds after a summoning.

I made it more stable by replacing shivs I wrote for an older create-unit with a proper call.

Also, all summons goes through domestication.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2016, 07:26:08 am by Boltgun »
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 ... 41