Poll

No poll

Blah
- 10 (100%)
Bluh
- 0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 10

Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 41

Author Topic: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions  (Read 185319 times)

Zara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: ☼Succubus☼ - Discussions and suggestions
« Reply #555 on: June 11, 2017, 01:37:23 pm »

...... Succubi/Incubi apparently don't have any variation in hair colour; their description either says: "Her/His hair is pumpkin." ,Or: "Her/His pumpkin hair is wavy." I've used to imagine Succubi with predominantly black hair; of course, this doesn't need to be the case, but why the colour pumpkin? Shouldn't there be at least some variation? (There is a great variation in skin colour, though!)

Predominant hair/eye/skin colors are actually a vanilla feature, creatures inherit physical features from their mother and over a few centuries in worldgen certain bloodlines will outnumber the others because of sheer luck as other strains die out before they can reproduce. Succubi take that feature and run with it because so few succubi can actually find an incubus to get married to and so there's less mothers in worldgen for a set of genes to compete with.

Ui, didn't know that. I checked the succubi description in another game, and all their hair was moss green.

However, this brings me to one of my ideas concerning Succubi mythology: In classical Christian mythology, Succubi were 'genderfluid'. In female form they would have sex with men (while these were sleeping?) and extract their sperm, than they would change into a male form, Incubus, and sleep with woman. Since demons were not part of the creation or so, they could not reproduce on their own, but this way, they could even have children with each other, one in Incubus form could have impregnate one in Succubus form, their offspring would then be called Cambion.
(Check the Wikipedia articles on Succubus and Cambion for this.)

It would be awesome if something like this could be implement with a Succubus race in Dwarf Fortress. A Succubi fort would then consist of Succubis, Cambion (e.g. their children and young adults), and their male (!) human (elven, dwarven, goblin..) thralls. The male thralls would regularly be invited by a Succubus to a pleasure chamber (dedicated building or zone), and then a Succubi would 'satisfy their carnal desire'.

Once this has happened enough times, the Succubus would transform into an Incubus, and after 'he' has then impregnated another Succubus, it would transform back. Some male humans (elves, dwarves, goblins...? ) would deliberately move to a Succubi fort to live a life of unlimited carnal pleasure and become thralls, which of course would be a reason for their civilizations to declare war and siege the fort.

As far as the text-based part of the mod would be concerned, this should be possible without adding to the game sexual references that are more hardcore than those it already has; e.g.  engraving descriptions that read:  "This is an image of an image of a tentacle demon and a dwarf. The tentacle demon is performing a depraved act on the dwarf."
It would be important, though, to find words that are somehow less explicit that those commonly used for sex in modern English, to keep the style in which vanilla Dwarf Fortress describes these things. 'Carnal desire' should be ok, but it should be possible to find some more uncommon description, if necessary. I even looked up an extremely obscure word for 'sperm' just in case.

The other question is, of course, if this could be implemented technically with the game as it currently is. Would it be possible to have succubus-'caste', that transforms into an incubus-'caste' after performing the job "satisfy carnal desires" at the pleasure chamber at certain amount of times? Having a small chance (ca. 5%) of the succubus performing the 'job' successfully transforming into an incubus would also work.
Can 'thralls' from other sentient species be added to a fort, or would this require the tavern update, as I've read somewhere in this thread? Probably a Succubi fort could import male thralls as pets?

Anyway, what do you think of this idea? It would not only bring the DF-mod-Succubi closer to their original mythology and at some 'spice' to the gameplay, it should also fix the trait inbreeding issue. 

Muxia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: June 11, 2017, 05:18:56 pm »

Sorry for keep struggling on the same problem. But I am sure that I have chosen Meph Tileset in Masterwork Launcher and the succubus' image in the game were still the originals. However, other things did changed

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: June 11, 2017, 07:54:16 pm »

Sorry for keep struggling on the same problem. But I am sure that I have chosen Meph Tileset in Masterwork Launcher and the succubus' image in the game were still the originals. However, other things did changed

the only question is which version are you using?

Meph did not update his succubus calls in 1.23 and I just recently in version 1.27 updated the calls correctly and some additional fixes are coming in the 1.28 version.

If they aren't working correctly after that... then let me know I'll look into it a bit deeper... there is definitely a graphic interface issue that was overlooked in MDF and I'm trying hard to fix it.   For the most part it works well, but there's small issues that crop up into bigger issues as people play with the graphic options.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Muxia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: June 11, 2017, 08:00:45 pm »

I found out that graphics_boltgun_succubus.txt's content cannot correctly match with the Meph's tileset. If I just put the Meph's succubus tileset in the boltgun folder than in the game, a miner may show as recorder's images. I have the Meph's Tileset and the succubus' images but just do not know how to let them match.

Muxia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: June 11, 2017, 08:01:53 pm »

the only question is which version are you using?

Meph did not update his succubus calls in 1.23 and I just recently in version 1.27 updated the calls correctly and some additional fixes are coming in the 1.28 version.

If they aren't working correctly after that... then let me know I'll look into it a bit deeper... there is definitely a graphic interface issue that was overlooked in MDF and I'm trying hard to fix it.   For the most part it works well, but there's small issues that crop up into bigger issues as people play with the graphic options.

The version I am using is Masterwork V1.24d (43.05)

Amostubal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: June 11, 2017, 09:09:37 pm »

and that answers it.. yeah I hadn't fixed that issue in 1.24d, I believe the fix is in 1.27, but to update a save would require more than what MDF can do in 1.27.

To be exact fixing the issue with making save graphics able to update is something I'm working on now.

other than that you can directly edit a save file with the raw/graphics folder from a fresh copy of 1.27, should just be copy and paste of the entire folder into the save folder in the right place... but I can't guarantee that will fix it.
Legendary Dwarf Fortress
Legendary Discord Group
"...peering into the darkness behind the curtains, evokes visions of pixies being chased by dragons while eating cupcakes made of coral iced with liquid fire while their hearts burn out with unknown plant substances..." - a quote from the diaries of Amostubal

Zara

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: June 12, 2017, 10:05:16 am »

Another great thing about succubi is, that making clothes for them is easier:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Muxia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: July 20, 2017, 06:05:18 am »

The Frog Demons in my fort make the ground full of their blood but they are not wounded, is that a bug?

Metall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: August 19, 2017, 04:11:20 pm »

The Frog Demons in my fort make the ground full of their blood but they are not wounded, is that a bug?

No, Frog Demons secrete oil naturally. Like the slimy gunk normally found on frogs and other amphibious critters. In the next update I believe, it is planned to turn this into their version of sweat. So that they may secrete it in battle or heavy labour. Just build a bathhouse and a healthy soap industry for now, they really like to clean themselves.

Metall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: August 22, 2017, 04:54:56 pm »

Unfortunately, every time I attempt to start a fort (I cheat so that I can bring some cattle and extra food because my succubi miners are freaking lazy and keep ensuring that everybody dies of starvation) the game crashes.

Mostly likely it might have something to do with DFhack, since I try to use the "Points x" cheat, either that or it crashes because the wagon cannot hold so much food.

(Again, I only use the cheat because my miners won't dig 10 tiles in 3 months, and my food supplies only last that long.)

Edit: Nope, just tried a Dwarf Fort without the cheat. Same result... and this is after a fresh install. Probably a hardware problem then... or it could actually be that the game hates people who spend all their points... or brings too much food. Or has a problem with Deep Galena Seeds.

Second Edit: Amostubal fixed it in his Modified Masterwork.
« Last Edit: August 23, 2017, 04:28:12 pm by Metall »

Treason

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: December 21, 2017, 08:52:00 am »

Alas, poor succubi.

Mothi Spideryhates, the Diety, the Law-giver, has arrived to lay down some godly smite on their dark, ocean-side dungeon.

Metall

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: December 23, 2017, 06:56:04 pm »

Alas, poor succubi.

Mothi Spideryhates, the Diety, the Law-giver, has arrived to lay down some godly smite on their dark, ocean-side dungeon.

Dang that sounds like some Grade A+ FUN right there... trying to hold off a diety from destroying your fort...

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: January 03, 2018, 03:32:51 am »

Started working on the 32x graphics, it's so difficult.

Brutaka001

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: January 03, 2018, 09:40:38 pm »

Okay, I'm lost. How does the new magma well work? It says it spawns an aquifer of lava in one of the cardinal directions, but im not seeing any new magma. I have tried putting it up against a wall, having it in open space, digging under it, having open space under it, having open space above it, only digging out those spaces after it runs, only digging out those spaces while its being run, running it on repeat for all of the above. Then repeating all of this with aquiferable materials like sands instead of stone.

I can't seem to figure out where the magma is.

For me, It made the magma "aquifers" of the desired level (5/7) in the desired direction (south) a few levels down. I figured this out when i was digging out my catacombs, so I had to revert to an older save of the fort. I don't know if it changes the tiles of all levels to a magma "aquifer" or not but that's how I treat it now. It changes any material wall (stone, soil, etc.) into an aquifer for it sadly. More experimentation is required but it should behave in a predictable manner like this.

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 04, 2018, 11:22:35 am »

Simply channel a hole, build a well next to the hole and run the reaction for the right direction. The block right under the well will be a magma aquifer. You can even remove the well afterwards if you never plan to disable the flow.
Pages: 1 ... 36 37 [38] 39 40 41