Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7

Author Topic: Less-Than-Space Engineers: Medieval Engineers  (Read 14203 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Less-Than-Space Engineers: Medieval Engineers
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2015, 11:30:56 pm »

I assume things like trebuchets will be possible. I wonder if it will be possible to make things like rotating platforms to stick them on? I mean, it'll be using cogs, ropes, chains and axels so will we have to spawn a donkey to rotate the axel or push it ourselves?

I believe this is all pretty much possible. For now you'll probably have to push it yourself.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 14, 2015, 12:02:44 am »

Not only is it possible, but a trebuchet is in the teaser video...

EagleV

• Bay Watcher
  • Oblivisci tempta quod didicisti
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 14, 2015, 04:08:37 am »

This looks awesome. (PTW)
Quote from: Robert Donoghue and Fred Hicks
There are three things you must learn if you wish to defeat me, my young pupil. First, you must look within yourself and find your core of strength. Second, your mind and body must be in perfect unison. Third...
*WHACK*
Third, stop listening when you should be fighting.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #18 on: January 14, 2015, 04:43:24 am »

HOLY SHIT YES!

When I got to go interview them at their studio for my magazine, Marek told us that we couldn't photograph some of the computers because they were working on a secret project. He wouldn't say anything about it (and there was nothing but code on the screen) but I was wondering what it was. I didn't expect medieval! This is going to be amazing! These guys (and a couple of girls too!) really know what they're doing. I have high expectations.

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 14, 2015, 08:35:56 am »

Speaking of interviews, Last Stand Gamers also had an interview with Marek.

Nameless Archon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 14, 2015, 10:16:31 am »

I played a bit of Life is Feudal a month or so back. I'll miss the RPG elements, but I think this will be a massive improvement.
I see this as an attempt to cash in before LiF can produce a more polished product. I've been eyeballing LiF for a while, but there's a few things I've heard/seen that have made me hesitate so far.

What did you think of LiF?

Imofexios

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 14, 2015, 10:32:35 am »

Not touching or getting hyped. Space engineers aren't even off of beta right, and they making another one.
Feels like leeching more money out of unfinished product which seems to be the todays trend on gaming industry.

Lif is aiming for MMO and is whole different game.
I like it and will be putting more time to it once MMO gets out

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 14, 2015, 10:35:26 am »

I played a bit of Life is Feudal a month or so back. I'll miss the RPG elements, but I think this will be a massive improvement.
I see this as an attempt to cash in before LiF can produce a more polished product. I've been eyeballing LiF for a while, but there's a few things I've heard/seen that have made me hesitate so far.

What did you think of LiF?

A little off-topic, but I wouldn't really recommend it unless you play online. You're either going to grind 99% of your time and never be able to do everything or you're going to up skill gain and caps such that you're an unrealistic super being. Considering all of the stuff that you're going to miss out on when they release their MMO and there only being a singular map, I'm not extremely happy with it.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 14, 2015, 11:59:13 am »

Not touching or getting hyped. Space engineers aren't even off of beta right, and they making another one.
Feels like leeching more money out of unfinished product which seems to be the todays trend on gaming industry.

Lif is aiming for MMO and is whole different game.
I like it and will be putting more time to it once MMO gets out

Out of the two, I find it hard to believe LiF having more promise than this series of games. I believe they're just too ambitious. I get people are still "suspicious" of keen software, but given the phenomenal work they've done on SE I don't see why there's any reason to believe it's "leeching money", it's still being actively developed. Besides, how is LiF not leeching money out of an unfinished product by your reasoning? As for the MMO part, that's fine, but in pretty much all aspects other than combat and large multiplayer capabilities, it seems to me that Medieval Engineers has better mechanics. Especially when it comes to building/destroying castles.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Sappho

• Bay Watcher
  • AKA Aira; Legendary Female Gamer
    • View Profile
    • Aira Plays Games
« Reply #24 on: January 14, 2015, 12:04:18 pm »

Although I totally understand the immediate concern about them abandoning their current early access game and moving to another for more money, I have met these guys personally, and I think I can guarantee that they aren't doing that. Even though Marek wouldn't tell me the details of their new project, he made a point of talking about how they had greatly expanded the team in order to begin work on a new project, specifically to make sure that they wouldn't reduce the quality of Space Engineers. He also talked for a bit about how they had recently hired a small dedicated research team to make improvements on their engine, so they can open up more possibilities for Space Engineers as well as future games. I got to talk to him for a while, and believe me, this is not a guy who is in it for the money, or who is going to jump to a new project without finishing the old one. You can see the passion in his eyes when he talks about his work, and how happy the whole team is with what they're doing. I am definitely convinced that both games will be completed in very high quality, and have no qualms about supporting Medieval Engineers.

Of course, I can only ask you all to take my word for it. Naturally, if you decide you don't want to take the risk of investing in both games, or in either one, that's totally your decision and I wouldn't argue it. I just hope Keen doesn't automatically get flamed for taking this step forward just because certain other unscrupulous companies have caused gamers to lose faith in the entire industry. : (

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2015, 01:03:35 pm »

SE is one of my favourite Early Access games out there right now, up there with KSP and Prison Architect. Can't wait to see how this turns out, PTW.

FritzPL

• Bay Watcher
  • Changing avatar text since 2013
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2015, 02:10:54 pm »

Looking forward to this, but I don't yet know if I will pick this up while it's in Early Access.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2015, 02:11:28 pm »

This should cross over to space engineers.
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2015, 02:13:41 pm »

Put worlds into SE...and make it so SE players can come and land on an ME world? :P

AlleeCat

• Bay Watcher
  • Black, the beast, descends from shadows...
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2015, 02:18:44 pm »

Or be able to build a big stone space castle in SE
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 7