Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7

Author Topic: Less-Than-Space Engineers: Medieval Engineers  (Read 14268 times)

TheBronzePickle

• Bay Watcher
  • Why am I doing this?
    • View Profile
Re: Less-Than-Space Engineers: Medieval Engineers
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2015, 08:11:42 pm »

I'd say the best method might be localized, controlled short-term simulation that sort of sets the properties of the water flow and then maintains that behavior while checking for any changes that might significantly disrupt it, like the water's path being cut off or a new potential route being opened. They could even divide the map up into a grid with each cell dealing with its own simulation, one at a time, until everything's worked out again. It would still be slow, but only temporarily, and not to the degree of full-map simultaneous simulation.
Nothing important here, move along.

PTTG??

• Bay Watcher
  • Kringrus! Babak crulurg tingra!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nowherepublishing.com
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2015, 08:56:42 pm »

I say simulate water as a bunch of invisible beach balls and then have really, really good shaders fill in the gaps. Water can't flow through holes smaller than 1 meter, right?
A thousand million pool balls made from precious metals, covered in beef stock.

Girlinhat

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:large ears]
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2015, 09:13:46 pm »

I say simulate water as a bunch of invisible beach balls and then have really, really good shaders fill in the gaps. Water can't flow through holes smaller than 1 meter, right?
That explains why my sink doesn't work!

TheDarkStar

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2015, 11:04:03 pm »

That explains why my sink doesn't work!
Yep. You just need to make a 1 meter hole in your wall to avoid dying of dehydration. It worked for me!
Don't die; it's bad for your health!

it happened it happened it happen im so hyped to actually get attacked now

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
  • Haven't tried coffee crisps.
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 05, 2015, 02:16:46 am »

Just thought I'd update this thread:

Release date on Steam Early Access: Feb 19! This first release will include only single-player creative mode. You shouldn't have to wait too long for multiplayer since it's built in the same engine as Space Engineers, which has working multiplayer already.

For your salivation: A video demonstrating the structural integrity physics, where blocks detach, crumble, and collapse under their own weight if they have insufficient support. Edit: also more building!
« Last Edit: February 05, 2015, 02:31:36 am by Sensei »
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!
Add me on Steam: [DFC] Sensei

LoSboccacc

• Bay Watcher
  • Σὺν Ἀθηνᾷ καὶ χεῖρα κίνει
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: February 11, 2015, 08:35:25 am »

Game's out and I am considering a buy.

Anyone knows what the plan for single player are?

silverskull39

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: February 11, 2015, 11:54:55 am »

ptw
Dwarf fortress threads can sound so.... unethical
it would be unethical if this wasn't the bay12 forums
Bay12: A short, sturdy forum fond of !!science!! and derailment.
Now back to your regularly scheduled thread derailment.

h3lblad3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: February 15, 2015, 11:06:22 pm »

Game's out and I am considering a buy.

Anyone knows what the plan for single player are?
In case you haven't already bought it, Space Engineers owners get a 25% discount when it comes out on Steam.
I was talking about importing alimunim.
And we were hypothesising about the sexual relations between elves and trees.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: February 19, 2015, 03:34:59 pm »

Game is out. Presently it crashes often, but it's rather fun to smash things. Avoid if your computer is a toaster.
Let's Play: Automation! Bay 12 Motor Company Buy the 1950 Urist Wagon for just $4500! Safety features optional.
The Bay 12 & Mates Discord Join now! Voice/text chat and play games with other Bay12'ers!

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 20, 2015, 02:36:46 am »

I myself haven't seen any crashes.

Anyway, I must say, while I'm quite satisfied with some parts of the game, the current implementation of ropes/rope drums is currently at times broken. I've seen a plank of wood tied to two rope drums on one side of the wall break physics and flip over the rope drums and onto the other side of the wall with no force input to cause that sort of reaction. Like, literally, all I did was disconnect it from the wall so it could start floating, and it just shot right over.

In addition, it's quite annoying that it's possible to break well supported stone with the small wood blocks moving at high velocity.

And once stone is broken, well, of course there's no ways to repair the blocks without removing the tiles, and the debris cannot be removed either, so you have to wait for them to despawn.

Those four things makes making mechanical systems in a castle way too dangerous, I must say. Especially since the structural integrity system is at times a little questionable.

If anyone was primarily excited with the mechanical systems you could make, rather than the castlebuilding, I say wait a bit, it's... iffy, at the moment. But don't wait too long--the 25% off ends at March 4.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 02:40:42 am by Tarran »
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

Sensei

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 20, 2015, 03:29:13 am »

Mind, I believe the 25% discount is just for Space Engineers owners.

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 20, 2015, 09:51:17 am »

Why can't we have a baby from the multi-culti family of Wurm Online, Mediveval Engineers, Mount and Blade, the good old Dark Messia of Might and Magic (fprpg), minecraft redstone level of mechanics, tiny bit of fantasy and not have it look like like blockcity.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 20, 2015, 10:09:05 am »

Why can't we have a baby from the multi-culti family of Wurm Online, Mediveval Engineers, Mount and Blade, the good old Dark Messia of Might and Magic (fprpg), minecraft redstone level of mechanics, tiny bit of fantasy and not have it look like like blockcity.

That might quite literally be TOO MUCH to ask for.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

Facekillz058

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 20, 2015, 03:47:21 pm »

Dunno about the latter couple things but uhhhh, Reign of Kings should theoretically cover those first few.
(づ◕◕)づ・。*。✧・゜゜・。✧。*・゜゜・✧。・­¬¬¬¬¬¬¬゜゜・。*。・゜*✧・。*。✧
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7