Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Less-Than-Space Engineers: Medieval Engineers  (Read 14294 times)

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Less-Than-Space Engineers: Medieval Engineers
« Reply #75 on: February 20, 2015, 04:39:55 pm »

Reign of Kings is made by CodeHatch

aka the people who sorta made, then abandoned, Starforge

Tarran

• Bay Watcher
  • Kind of back, but for how long?!
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 20, 2015, 06:36:11 pm »

Yes, physics are somewhat off for me too. Like roofs collapsing when placed due to unconnected weight above them that was placed before them.

Or walls collapsing underneath a few-tile high arches despite the arches formerly having an overhang and being fine.
Quote from: Phantom
Unknown to most but the insane and the mystics, Tarran is actually Earth itself, as Earth is sentient like that planet in Avatar. Originally Earth used names such as Terra on the internet, but to protect it's identity it changed letters, now becoming the Tarran you know today.
Quote from: Ze Spy
Tarran has the "Tarran Bug", a bug which causes the affected character to repeatedly hit teammates while dual-wielding instead of whatever the hell he is shooting at.

alway

• Bay Watcher
  • 🏳️‍⚧️
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 20, 2015, 09:53:32 pm »

You're best turning off the structural integrity stuff for now it seems; while building stuff anyway. Physics is rather wonky, but it's game physics, and the first iteration at that, so that's to be expected. Unfortunately, gears and such aren't in yet, so anything much more complicated than a basic catapult or trebuchet is questionable at best.

Fakeedit: Aw man I just found the best part of Medieval Engineers. The trees. The trees are destructible. You can deforest an area by shooting the trees with rocks (hold down mouse to shoot the projectiles faster btw). Cannonball lumberjack simulator 2015.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 20, 2015, 11:12:32 pm »

And thus was the desire created to produce a moving fortress. One that tore up entire forests to consume in a massive furnace for the production of... uh... something. Cannonballs maybe?
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 20, 2015, 11:33:53 pm »

I hope we can eventually be able to do some sort of Howl's-Moving-Castle-esque Fortress. Complete with an enchanting fire demon and scarecrow of course.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

ollobrains

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 21, 2015, 12:12:38 am »

what happened to fortress craft

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 21, 2015, 07:45:35 am »

This game runs really poorly for me. Most of the time I launch it all it does is eat up all 8gig of my ram and crash my computer. When it does launch properly, I can barely get 20fps and everything looks really washed out and blue-tinted. Areas in shadow are also far too dark, and can make it difficult to see anything.

The structural integrity stuff is a great idea, and really means you have to carefully build your structures and support them. The current system is a bit wonky at the moment though.

So the whole game at the moment is definitely broken, but I'm looking forward to seeing the game (particularly the structural system) more fleshed out over time
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Glloyd

• Bay Watcher
  • Against the Tide
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 21, 2015, 02:07:08 pm »

I dunno, I'm not having any of the bugs people keep mentioning. I had it crash once and that was it in 6 hours of playing. I build some towers, and was working on my main citadel when I had my first collapse. It was dumb, because it should've been supported by my flying buttresses, but I guess their SI system only works for regular buttresses. I also get some noticeable lag during massive collapses, but small ones seem to run fine for me.

Besides that though, I build a catapult I can move, a stationary mangonel, a drawbridge and a portcullis, and I didn't have issues with rope on any of them.

One thing they do need is the symmetry stuff from SE. If they got that in I would be a happy man.

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: March 24, 2015, 01:05:38 pm »

Recently picked this up and I am pretty impressed with it so far. Can't wait for survival mode to get fleshed out fully...I much prefer games like this in survival mode.

Now I need to make a mod that allows you to keep and hire little villagers or soldiers

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: March 25, 2015, 05:55:07 am »

Ha...funny story...Tuesday update...they added peasants. I had no idea that was going to be a feature

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: May 10, 2015, 07:36:47 am »

They added multiplayer finally if anyone was waiting for that

dennislp3

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: May 10, 2015, 07:38:02 am »

They added multiplayer finally if anyone was waiting for that

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 23, 2015, 09:25:56 pm »

Multiplayer is out, though a completely new MP system is in the works.

Survival mode was just released: still being worked out but steadily improving.

Siege mode was recently released: get together with friends and see who wins!

there are AI that mine, cut wood, and carry resources for you. Not to mention barbarians that attack you.

The first step to agriculture was just released today: harvestable bushes, mushrooms, and shrubs that give you food.

That's the latest stuff. Me, I've had a ton of fun building a massive mountaintop fortress with plenty of underground chambers and Dwarvenesque halls. I was getting enough viewers on my stream to consider getting on Twitch, like my buddy who streams WoW.

I've been playing since release and its been an incredible experience thus far.

P.s: Life is Feudal was NOT the experience I hoped for.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 19, 2015, 04:23:31 pm »

Just picked this up since it and Space Engineers are on Sale on Steam as a bundle for $20. Figured it'll be worth at least $10 to mess around in.

Anyone have any good tips for starting out at this point?
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Ehndras

• Bay Watcher
  • Voidwalker
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: September 22, 2017, 03:17:53 am »

*Ressurects*...Now that stable multiplayer servers have been a thing for a while now, anyone still playing? I've been hosting for a few friends (1 B12er included) and am looking for a good server with fellow Dwarves.
Quote from: Yoink
You're never too old to enjoy flying body parts.  
Quote from: Vector
Ehndras, you are the prettiest man I have ever seen
Quote from: Dorsidwarf
"I am a member of Earth. I enjoy to drink the water. In Earth we have an internal skeleton."
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7