Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

What is your Public Toilet Survival Strategy?

Hold it in and hope your bowel doesn't burst.
- 15 (26.3%)
Just sit down and get it over with. It's not like you're eating off it... right?
- 17 (29.8%)
Make a sterile toilet paper throne and perch regally atop it.
- 13 (22.8%)
Stand on the rim of the bowl and squat.
- 3 (5.3%)
Stand over the bowl and pray your aim isn't off.
- 2 (3.5%)
Sod the toilets, I use a shrub.
- 1 (1.8%)
Break into a nearby house and use theirs instead.
- 6 (10.5%)

Total Members Voted: 55

Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: The Toilet Hygiene Thread: Nobody Poops But You Edition  (Read 5686 times)

Flying Dice

• Bay Watcher
  • inveterate shitposter
    • View Profile
Re: The Toilet Hygiene Thread
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2015, 01:02:52 am »

I'm sorry I ever posted that. This is an incredibly shitty thing to see floating around the top of the board.

Another question: how many of you read in the toilet?
Only books I can hold with my feet.

Aurora on small monitors:
1. Game Parameters -> Reduced Height Windows.
2. Lock taskbar to the right side of your desktop.
3. Run Resize Enable

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2015, 01:12:30 am »

I have a collection of books by the series name of "Uncle John's Bathroom Reader" by "The Bathroom Reader's Institute" that I buy for exactly that purpose. Each one can last me 3-8 months of reading on the toilet, depending on how much fiber I eat.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2015, 01:28:05 am »

I hate the spring loaded, or otherwise mechanically complex toilet paper holders, because people end up touching and fiddling with it with their dirty, unhygienic hands in order to replace the toilet paper.

Whats wrong with a hook, people?
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2015, 03:08:06 am »

My poops are apparently most similar to the flabort poops.

I stand to wipe. I use multiple folded sheets and generally flush once halfway through the wiping and again when done.

Also, I put on socks while sitting down, and I tend to read the instruction booklets for various games while on the toilet. (I am very disappoint that these are going extinct lately :()
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Frumple

• Bay Watcher
  • The Prettiest Kyuuki
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2015, 03:18:23 am »

Yo'. Actually got a kindle for solstice day, so... though there is something like a small library in one of this house's bathrooms at this point, too.

Big thing is to not handle the reading material until after you've washed your hands, on your way out. Assuming said material isn't staying in the room, anyway.
Ask not!
What your country can hump for you.
Ask!
What you can hump for your country.

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2015, 03:22:14 am »

Yeah, I don't go to the toilet without my kindle nowadays. I can actually spend 45+ minutes on the toilet when the book is good. I like toilet, because they're the one place where everyone respect your privacy and leave you alone to read.

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

alexandertnt

• Bay Watcher
  • (map 'list (lambda (post) (+ post awesome)) posts)
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2015, 04:08:12 am »

Yeah, I don't go to the toilet without my kindle nowadays. I can actually spend 45+ minutes on the toilet when the book is good. I like toilet, because they're the one place where everyone respect your privacy and leave you alone to read.

I can sympathise with this, infact it's a great place to go in general if you just want to get away from people for a bit.
This is when I imagine the hilarity which may happen if certain things are glichy. Such as targeting your own body parts to eat.

You eat your own head
YOU HAVE BEEN STRUCK DOWN!

Helgoland

• Bay Watcher
  • No man is an island.
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2015, 04:11:48 am »

Back when I still lived at home I used to be like that as well; nowadays I can just sit in my room and no-one bothers me.
The Bay12 postcard club
Arguably he's already a progressive, just one in the style of an enlightened Kaiser.
I'm going to do the smart thing here and disengage. This isn't a hill I paticularly care to die on.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2015, 11:55:11 am »

I can't imagine water actually working. You have to use the paper to scrape, water can't scrape, it only brushes. The
contact area may be greater but the friction and clinging power against poop is virtually null; you'd have to use a pressure washer

The water is for finishing touches, not removing chunks. When I lack for a bidet, I find that dampening a paper towel works reasonably well.

I can only assume this is a habit primarily of people with constipation. Personally when I sit on a toilet, I don't spend much time waiting. Also seems a bit unsanitary. Consider the mechanics of scent. For you to be able to smell something, its particles must be in the air for you to smell. I'm unsure why anyone would particularly want to linger on the toilet longer than necessary. Have you ever smelled the clothes of a smoker? What do you think happens if you handle a magazine that lives on top of the tank of a toilet used by multiple people? And do you really want to handle your electronics in that sort of environment?

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2015, 01:01:33 pm »

« Last Edit: November 03, 2015, 12:00:17 am by penguinofhonor »

BFEL

• Bay Watcher
  • Tail of a stinging scorpion scourge
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2015, 09:02:57 pm »

At least I got to see LB acting condescending about pooping. I can check that one off the LORDbucket list.
FTFY

Oh, and as for the the public restroom question, I can't public restroom.
Not won't, physically cannot.

I USED to have a nervous bladder/colon.
It has since upgraded itself to full on TRAUMATIZED.

I can need to go so bad I'm ready to do so in my trousers, and then the moment I go into a public restroom and stand over the urinal or sit on the toilet...nothing. Instantaneously I for all intents and purposes no longer need to go.
Which lasts for exactly as long as I sit/stand there. And then I'm right back to "its totally about to come out dude" level.

This is the hell I live in.

On a different note, why isn't this thread called "Everybody Poops"?

This thread should be called Everybody Poops.
7/10 Has much more memorable sigs but casts them to the realm of sigtexts.

Indeed, I do this.

Sebastian2203

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Toilet Hygiene Thread: Nobody Poops But You Edition
« Reply #56 on: January 18, 2015, 04:14:08 am »

bump

Poop

When you are at public toilets and you have diarrhea... Well you end up "painting" the walls of the toilet, do you use that broom to clean it....? Or leave it to other people ?
« Last Edit: January 18, 2015, 04:21:44 am by Sebastian2203 »

DJ

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 18, 2015, 09:18:16 am »

People read actual books on a toilet? I thought this is why the shampoo bottles have text in all sorts of funny languages that you struggle to pronounce.
Urist, President has immigrated to your fortress!
Urist, President mandates the Dwarven Bill of Rights.

Cue magma.
Ah, the Magma Carta...

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 18, 2015, 12:42:06 pm »

Doesn't the flush clean off that 'paint'?

Anyways, I'm always plugged up, so A) I never have diarrhea, and B) If I'm doing #2 I have time to read a whole Reader's Digest, so I have a bigger collection of reading material than most.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 18, 2015, 05:17:36 pm »

I've cleaned public washrooms for a living before.  What it taught me is that:

1.  People who stand up to wipe tend to get paper all over the place.  Don't do that, please don't do that.
2.  The more care you put into protecting yourself, the dirtier you make it for the next person.
3.  A dirty toilet is far less dangerous than camping.  (Not that that means I didn't clean mine)
4.  There's nothing magic about poop.  It's a thing that can be dealt with.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]