Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: How do I prevent soldiers from sleeping on ground in barracks?  (Read 4413 times)

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
How do I prevent soldiers from sleeping on ground in barracks?
« on: January 14, 2015, 02:26:21 am »

I sometimes spot soldier sleeping on ground in barracks, while there are empty beds in the room. Although it's not a big problem, obviously that's not how it should go.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Show undead posts since last visit.

Sirbug

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: How do I prevent soldiers from sleeping on ground in barracks?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2015, 04:35:12 am »

In barrack settings there's an option to allow them to sleep in barracks. You probably toggled it on by accident.
Cool, but wouldn't this likely lead to tongues having a '[SPEACH]' tag, and thus via necromancy we would have nearly unkillable reanimated tongues following necromancers spamming 'it is sad but not unexpected'?

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2015, 06:09:21 am »

hah, sorry, I didn't make it clear!

The barracks isn't the one where they train, but the one with six beds where they should sleep.

Most of the time, they sleep in bed, but sometimes they sleep on the ground, next to the bed.
All of them are wearing copper and Iron masks saying "in a time before time somebody attacked somebody"

Astrid

• Bay Watcher
  • This is a text.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2015, 09:23:55 am »

Less serious.
If you were given a choice between a dirt floor and this wood bed here. What would you pick? :P
http://static.panoramio.com/photos/large/65513980.jpg

More serious. I guess you have as many beds as soldiers and the beds are all 'inside' the room markings?

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2015, 10:13:22 pm »

:D It must be a very amusing picture, but that website is "404" at the moment! I guess it must be a bed menacing with granite spike and decorated with porcupine spine!

Have as many beds as solidiers: No, but there have never been more than three soldiers sleeping simultaneously, and there are 6 beds.

All beds are inside the room: Yes, the room covers the whole 4x5 chamber.

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2015, 10:54:37 pm »

It's a wooden board suspended a foot off the ground, no bedding just wood (like a true dwarven bed).

It might be similar to the archery target problem, in that if you want more than one bed used you have to designate each bed as a barracks individually and mark them all for the squad to use...

vjmdhzgr

• Bay Watcher
  • Hehehe
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2015, 11:13:15 pm »

It's a wooden board suspended a foot off the ground, no bedding just wood (like a true dwarven bed).

It might be similar to the archery target problem, in that if you want more than one bed used you have to designate each bed as a barracks individually and mark them all for the squad to use...
I know that at least recently I've had soldiers sleeping in beds just fine, but not quite the most recent release. Still, it doesn't sound like the archery target problem. It would be fairly simple to test though. Just wait for a soldier to sleep in a bed and see if the bed being slept in is the one the barracks is designated from. If it isn't then it's not the archery target problem, if it is test a few more times to make sure.
Its a feature. Impregnating booze is a planned tech tree for dwarves and this is a sneak peek at it.
Unless you're past reproductive age. Then you're pretty much an extension of your kids' genitalia

Aslandus

• Bay Watcher
  • Slowly descending into madness
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2015, 11:17:54 pm »

Actually I think I can get that image to post:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2015, 11:20:03 pm »

You cant.  Well, you could try lining every tile of  the barracks theyll sleep in with either beds or items that block travel (statues).
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2015, 11:37:45 pm »

You cant.  Well, you could try lining every tile of  the barracks theyll sleep in with either beds or items that block travel (statues).

Great idea!

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2015, 11:39:20 pm »

let me know if it works.
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2015, 02:29:46 am »

Somehow it works! Macelord Lorbam Tincloaks insisted to sleep on the last bit of floor when a bed was shoved under him during his sleep. This is how he thought about it:

Thanks for description! This is how I think dwarven bed (made of tower-cap) may look:
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 02:40:51 am by §k »

§k

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2015, 02:37:53 am »

I have a new idea. I'll remove some of the beds, and replace with cage traps. Those who do not sleep in bed will be caught.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2015, 07:41:01 am by §k »

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2015, 09:01:39 am »

I have a new idea. I'll remove some of the beds, and replace with cage traps. Those who do not sleep in bed will be caught.
awesome.  sig
PKs DF Mod!

Nikow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2015, 01:59:04 pm »

Please for screenshot with your baracks and descriptions of those, who has caugh by cage traps. We will have data to analyze!
In my fortress dwarves are dying from old age.
Dwarven wine is a little bit like good chicken soup:  solid at room temperature.
Pages: [1] 2