Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42]

Author Topic: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt. New Firmware Edition  (Read 58639 times)

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
Re: Cyberpunk 2077 by CDProjekt. New Firmware Edition
« Reply #615 on: June 13, 2023, 02:53:58 pm »

I mean, I'll defend Morrowind's combat system as actually being good so my tolerance/preference for jank in combat is probably already pretty high so my opinion there probably comes with a huge grain of salt xD

For cars, how it feels in the latest patch at the moment to me is:
- Motorcycles are easy to control
- More sci-fi looking cars feel a bit like RC cars to control, if that makes sense? Turn too quick, and are kinda floaty like they lack weight.
- More 'realistic' looking cars feel more clunky to control. They have more drag and weight to them.

Which feels...deliberate? Like, yeah a futeristic car is gonna be a bit like an RC car. Controlling them takes getting used to compared to the 'standard' for controlling vehicles, but when I abandoned the GTA/Forza muscle memory they clicked fine.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2023, 02:56:43 pm by MorleyDev »

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: June 13, 2023, 04:18:12 pm »

They don't have any real driving physics. That's their issue. At least from the last time I played, I know they've improved them. They handle slightly differently and have different acceleration curves and top speed. But they don't have much interaction with the surfaces you're driving on. They don't feel like they "stick" to the road. I can forgive this vs. something like GTA or a dedicated racing game. But it was just one more thing that felt jank at release.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

BurnedToast

• Bay Watcher
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: October 07, 2023, 12:18:00 am »

I've had this game since it came out, but it was literally unplayable due to constant crashes (some of you might remember me whining about it on the first few pages of this thread). Decided to give it another try after 2.0 came out and... I can actually play it now!

Decided to go with int-based "hackermans", and I'm pretty disappointed so far. Not because it's weak - quite the opposite, it's way too strong. But it's strong in the wrong way. There's a lot of really interesting options available. They clearly put a lot of thought into the interactions between hacks, skills, and even the smartgun that comes with int. For example I can use poison and then fire to turn people into bombs, and after exploding people it makes the detonate grenade skill cheaper (down to only 4 mana) so I can explode them more.  Or I can be more sneaky about it and use the various manipulation skills to lure people around to sneak past, or lure them into traps where I can grab them and kill them. And then I get rewarded for stealth kills with trace reductions and mana refills.  Or, various other combos.

However.... none of that matters because burn synapse(?) does enough damage on it's own to easily 1-shot pretty much every enemy I've seen (I'm even using a lower tier to save mana), and sonic shock disables tracing and enemies alerting each other (also using a lower tier). If I do accidentally alert an enemy or decide I don't care then poison spreads, stacks twice, and does enough damage to kill most enemies over the 8(?) seconds it lasts. So I cast one poison, hide behind a wall, it spreads and kills everyone in the area. Repeat as needed. The majority of hacks, and hack/skill interactions are a complete waste of time. They all feel like they are designed for a slower paced, thoughtful RPG with difficult enemies. However the actual gameplay is your standard fast-paced dudebro action shooter where enemies are all fodder that die in 2 seconds. It's a shame, they did such a good job making interesting interactions, and it's all just completely wasted.

Other than that.... the game is ok, I guess? 7/10? 7.5/10 maybe? Most (but not all) of the bugs are fixed. Good visuals (even on my potato computer), lots of attention to detail in some areas but a shocking lack in others, Bad but not unusable UI, generic but not unfun gameplay, ok story (not a big fan of "everything sucks and it can never get better" but that's just me), standard open-world busywork that's unconnected from the actual plot, etc. It's not... bad. But it's not really amazing either. Still amusing people honestly thought this game was going to be The Best Thing Ever and sent death threats to people who said it was not 11/10 perfect.
An ambush! curse all friends of nature!

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: October 07, 2023, 11:47:13 pm »

Being overpowered is every build in Cyberpunk.

You just choose your flavor of murder to master.

Broseph Stalin

• Bay Watcher
  • Dabbling Surgeon, Proficient Butcher.
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: October 09, 2023, 12:20:55 pm »

Being overpowered is every build in Cyberpunk.

You just choose your flavor of murder to master.
Mine is to sprint into clusters of enemies and in fractions of seconds where they are still processing  what just happened beating them unconscious with a dildo.

MorleyDev

• Bay Watcher
  • "It is not enough for it to just work."
    • View Profile
    • MorleyDev
« Reply #620 on: October 09, 2023, 12:24:10 pm »

You can die fast if you aren't careful on Very Hard, but running in with Apogee Sandevistan and shotgunning everyone point blank to the head repeatedly before they can react is pretty effective.
Pages: 1 ... 40 41 [42]