Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 484949 times)

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! It's out!
« Reply #1230 on: July 20, 2016, 11:38:11 pm »

That's like saying plot holes are ok in a fiction movie because other parts of it don't happen in the real world.

SHHH! don't mention plotholes next to Total War: Warhammer... It makes it overly sensitive.

It cares deeply about its plot holes.

Antioch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1231 on: July 21, 2016, 05:48:45 am »

I am still interesting in this game, but still being 60 eu 2 months after launch and having to pay another 7.5 eu for a race cut from release for no other reason but making more money AND having to pay 17.5 eu for the addition of a single extra race is just stupid.

You even need to pay bloody 2.5 eu for having blood effects.
You finish ripping the human corpse of Sigmund into pieces.
This raw flesh tastes delicious!

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: July 21, 2016, 06:21:34 am »

I am still interesting in this game, but still being 60 eu 2 months after launch and having to pay another 7.5 eu for a race cut from release for no other reason but making more money AND having to pay 17.5 eu for the addition of a single extra race is just stupid.

I got mine free for buying an AMD R9 390 :P

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: July 21, 2016, 08:19:51 am »

I said fire arrows because I recall flaming objects coming out of the towers, but my real point is, no way to destroy towers before they reach the walls. You might be able to destroy one if you can focus two turrets on it, but it really ruins sieges for me, knowing that the walls barely matter with siege towers. I can't leave the gates and sally forth, archers seem to be worse on the walls than on the ground, and it is incredibly hard if not impossible to get archers to turn horizontally on a wall and shoot at other units on a wall. I've seen the AI do it but I can't.

I think walls and towers are very important when fighting against the AI at least. The AI being dumbz means that I often find that my archers can rack up massive kill numbers as they mill about and try to deal with my calvary, which is another thing, I often find Sallying fourth worth it, at least in certain situations (trading a unit of knights for a hellcannon? Yes plz.) There was a story someone (I think umiman?) put up here before about winning a battle via sallying fourth with a uncountable horde of zombies, he had no way to kill the enemy army, but the zombies held them back long enough for the towers to bring about victory. As for the walls themselves, the ability to funnel and concentrate enemies into certain "killing fields" is something I've found very useful.

I'm not sure how good walls are in pvp, I imagine somewhat useful although less so against an opponent who can actually make okay plans and decisions, but thus far all my pvp with walls have been somewhat atypical (in fact, I've only had two such battles if I recall correctly, one where it was vampire v vampire and my flying circus swept the walls before the rest of my army got to them, and one where it was orc vs dwarf, and my orcs had an absolutely overwhelming numbers advantage so I ended up ignoring his dudes and just swarming over the wall and onto the victory point... It was sorta funny, his hammerers were easily getting a 30 to 1 kill ratio, but they just didn't matter in the long run ;.;) Edit: Actually I recall another battle I had, probably blocked it out cuz I lost. it was fairly evenish I think, I think the walls really helped the enemy win. Idk, I think they are okay.

I do agree that the way positioning on the wall works is really really annoying. I was excited when I saw how big the walls were and thought that there would be real maneuvering and such on them... Not how it currently works, sadly.
« Last Edit: July 21, 2016, 08:23:11 am by Criptfeind »

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: July 21, 2016, 09:30:55 am »

Here's a gameplay video for the Beastmen "Beast Path" battle map. It shows off the Beastmen units in combat against the Empire as well as the Cygor, Lore of the Wilds and Lore of Beasts.
Some things to note is the Lore of the Wilds can summon a Cygor and Lore of Beasts can summon a Manticore.

Also, while I was watching the video I thought it was odd that the map wasn't really to the Beastmen's advantage (Crossing the map while empire sit still with artillary).
"Hey so just a bit of clarification, this is a subterranean battle, that's why it's a linear subterranean fight, similar to other subterranean battles. An ambush battle using the beast-path is different to this. During an ambush, troops will be lined up along side the enemy who are marching in a particular direction. They start very close to the enemy, about 150 meters away I'd say, giving them little time to react. There's multiple ambush battle maps in the beast-paths and multiple linear subterranean maps. - Darren"

I don't really know how the ambush battles and subterranean battles would happen with the stance. Maybe if you're in ambush stance you get one set of maps and if you're using the Beast Path stance you get these subterranean battle maps?
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: July 21, 2016, 10:25:44 am »

I know the feels. I'm going to wait it out until the Winter Sale, at the least I might get a package deal on the DLC. Because there's no way I'm dropping $80+ USD on the whole thing.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: July 21, 2016, 10:55:23 am »

Sega should start the durn season passes already.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: July 21, 2016, 10:57:44 am »

I'm not buying the DLC either. Why would I want to play as a bunch of mooks anyway? Already have the Empire for that.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: July 21, 2016, 12:00:03 pm »

I'm not buying the DLC either. Why would I want to play as a bunch of mooks anyway? Already have the Empire for that.
I think the real question is why would you play as chaos furries when you can play as Sigvald instead.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: July 21, 2016, 12:33:11 pm »

Albeit him also being a DLC.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: July 21, 2016, 01:15:20 pm »

I'd like to think of ourselves as Chaos Gods, piddling over the affairs and wars of mortals. Except we're too stingy to pay for the DLC to control other races.

pisskop

• Bay Watcher
  • Too old and stubborn to get a new avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: July 21, 2016, 01:54:54 pm »

So is this worth the money?

Im still waiting for the full game to come out, but ya'll think itll be okay with some healthy mods to make it not arcade battle?
Pisskop's Reblancing Mod - A C:DDA Mod to make life a little (lot) more brutal!
drealmerz7 - pk was supreme pick for traitor too I think, and because of how it all is and pk is he is just feeding into the trollfucking so well.
PKs DF Mod!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: July 21, 2016, 02:31:14 pm »

I personally played every campaign through and found each unique enough to occupy my attention.
A game which has 5x re-playability, to me is a goldmine.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: July 21, 2016, 03:14:49 pm »

It's an expensive game, and the dlc seems to be well on track to making it even more so, but I can't say with my 120 hours, five campaigns (and one more if I ever get around to playing those fucking dwarves)  wasn't worth the price of admission. Well. It probably wasn't worth it to me, since I purchased a new computer because my old one couldn't run it, but I needed to do that anyway. The price of the game was worth it at least.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: July 21, 2016, 03:41:51 pm »

Yeah the races are really different so it does feel like you're playing completely different total war games with each campaign.

I also agree it's really expensive but I will echo that i definitely got my money's worth
Pages: 1 ... 81 82 [83] 84 85 ... 277