Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 484884 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! It's out!
« Reply #1275 on: July 27, 2016, 03:16:51 am »

No, you could summon them straight out the bat on release day. If I couldn't I would have been on here complaining about it.

I think I have a post on here where I flooded a besieging orc army with zombies.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1276 on: July 27, 2016, 03:23:58 am »

Eh, using just zombies seems kind of boring after the first time. I tend to only have 3 units of zombies in my army for charge sponging so I can get Black Knights and the like around the flanks. Zombies are throw away units that tie up the enemy, die and get resummoned after the battle is won. I like my armies to be a mix of pretty much every unit I can build at the time. Think something like 1 lord, 1 hero, 4 Black Knights (Split sword and lance), 4 Graveguard (Split shield and great weapon), 3 zombies, 3 skeletons with spears, 2 dire wolves and 2 crypt horrors.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1277 on: July 27, 2016, 04:34:46 am »

I recall that post.
It's rather glorious.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1278 on: July 28, 2016, 11:23:47 am »

So. Furries are out. Anyone already got it and is willing to give us a small review? Steam reviews of course is either: "dlc whoring" or "best thing ever", which doesn't help much.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1279 on: July 28, 2016, 11:39:10 am »

I've got it and have been playing a bit. Don't a conclusion quite yet. I've been playing the mini campaign on hard. Thus far at least I feel more like the cancer on the world I want to be and was slightly disappointed by not being such in the chaos campaign (where I mostly played a gang of sissies contstantly running away and crying). Burn down a village, disappear into the woods. Go though the beast paths to get past the army hunting me and burn down their capital. Sorta fun.

I've not played around with the high tier units yet, but I do sorta enjoy the fast run around and smash shit up on the battlefield that the small units have. Vanguard most of your army next to the starting one, and then start shooting at them and disrupting their formation as you wait for everyone else to catch up. I tried to break into minotaurs because they seemed cool but that destroyed my 'economy'.

I am disappointed that the horde growth LL skill is further up the tree, so instead of a 4 point thing it's a 9 point thing. I'm not sure if it's as completely necessary as it is for Chaos, you do get a lot of random events that can sometimes give growth, and it's easier to burn shit down for growth... I got it anyway and my money can't keep up with the growth. So I'm not sure. If it does turn out to be needed I'll be sad though, as putting 1/3 of your skill points into the blue skills isn't my idea of fun... Although it'll probably just install some more skill points mods again.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2016, 11:42:23 am by Criptfeind »

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1280 on: July 28, 2016, 06:23:14 pm »

I've completely cleared the mini campaign, but didn't get the ultimate victory because I needed to confederate with two factions. That sucked.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1281 on: July 28, 2016, 06:36:09 pm »

Does minicamapign on hard count as campaign on hard?
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1282 on: July 28, 2016, 09:03:24 pm »

I've completely cleared the mini campaign, but didn't get the ultimate victory because I needed to confederate with two factions. That sucked.

Yeah, I noticed that was a requirement halfway though and panicked for a moment because it seemed like whenever a tribe popped it it would be instantly squashed. Luckily there was still two surviving tribes barely holding on int the corners of the map, so I managed to snag those (and then I disbanded them pretty much instantly heh heh. Rip.)

Interesting thing that confederating as beastmen gives you a buff instead of a debuff, a substantial one as well.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1283 on: July 28, 2016, 10:26:26 pm »

Does minicamapign on hard count as campaign on hard?
Answer: There's separate achievements for both.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1284 on: July 29, 2016, 09:15:25 am »

Beastmen are pretty fun to play as so far. I'll have to get used to raiding more since I've been able to make around 1500 favour for some provinces. With all the upkeep reductions it keeps the income on the up and up.

I'm also enjoying little things that have been added to the game along with the update. The northern empire area has a new, beast path like channel through the forests and I feel like more of the forests are accessable then before.

Also, since it was nearby I went and checked whether the Beastmen have a unique ship model. They certainly do.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1285 on: July 29, 2016, 03:34:38 pm »

Been playing the mini-campaign and I am liking it quite a bit. One thing I noticed is that, at least in this campaign, beastmen don't need the horde growth skills. You already get a lot of it through events, razing and tech.

EDIT: Okay, this is great: when you defeat Todbringer, there is a little event about Khazrak taking out his eye. After that, Todbringer's model will be using an eyepatch.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2016, 03:55:17 pm by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1286 on: July 29, 2016, 04:19:28 pm »

Yeah, it's a cool little thing, although I wish Todbringer himself was a bit more notable. I actually auto resolved away the crappy little army he had, not even realizing I was fighting him until I got the event.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1287 on: July 29, 2016, 04:32:19 pm »

I found in the mini campaign, all of the empire kingdoms are really reluctant to go to war with you until it's "their turn".

A few confederations later and I had 20 stack Ungor armies perched in the woods near every city, making delicious bank.
Which is basically the best economy I've ever had as a horde army.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1288 on: August 01, 2016, 08:24:19 am »

Beastmen in the Grand Campaign are being wiped out before turn 50. I didn't buy the DLC, had anyone else see them thriving in the Grand Campaign?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1289 on: August 01, 2016, 08:43:56 am »

I'm on turn 74 of an Empire campaign and the Beastmen are still around. I think they have about 2 armies and one brayherd around Bretonnia. I have seen others mention that they tend to get destroyed rather early, the same fate of the savage orc spawns. The other Beastmen factions get destroyed easily as well. Downside of only having armies and no settlements.
I saw one person mention it might be because they spend their turns raiding over recuperating losses.

Pages: 1 ... 84 85 [86] 87 88 ... 277