Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 484954 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! It's out!
« Reply #1290 on: August 02, 2016, 03:37:19 am »

I joined a war and my brayherds didn't join.
Which, apparently, caused them all to turn hostile.

I cannot attack them, but they're nixxing all of my weakened armies, and every new one is another threat.
What has just happened.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1291 on: August 02, 2016, 04:04:20 am »

I think that was an issue with the Greenskin armies before the last patch. While that one was fixed, it doesn't suprise me a similar problem with the brayherd exists.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1292 on: August 02, 2016, 06:19:41 am »

Well, getting them all killed seemed to fix it, but it was pretty tough, especially as they no longer took directions.
I'd like to consider it a little bit more difficulty on top of the VH.

Edit: Insult to injury, I finished the mini-campaign and didn't get the VH/L achievement for some reason, nor did I get the cutscene of todbringer losing his eye.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 06:14:58 am by Tack »
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

ATHATH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1293 on: August 06, 2016, 10:03:49 pm »

I haven't played with the new DLC yet, but from what I hear, Beastmen tribes tend to get killed shortly after they spawn, denying you the opportunity to form a coalition with them. Has anyone tried to map out the spawn locations/times(?) of the tribes?
Seriously, ATHATH, we need to have an intervention about your death mug problem.
*slow clap* Well ATHATH congratulations. You managed to give the MC a mental breakdown before we even finished the first arc.
I didn't even read it first, I just saw it was ATHATH and noped it. Now that I read it x3 to noping

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1294 on: August 06, 2016, 10:36:13 pm »

I don't know how reliable they are to spawn each game but I've seen a Beastmen herd spawn to the west of Averheim. I think another spawns closer to Talabheim and Middenheim.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1295 on: August 07, 2016, 09:30:56 am »

I don't know how reliable they are to spawn each game but I've seen a Beastmen herd spawn to the west of Averheim. I think another spawns closer to Talabheim and Middenheim.
There's also a mod to make them spawn more frequently, if you feel like it's too rare.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1297 on: August 11, 2016, 08:09:21 am »

Regiments of Renown sounds awesome. I wonder what the other race is. Probably dorfs or greenskins.

Also the "grim" lord is probably Volkmar the Grim, the leader of the Sigmarite faith.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1298 on: August 11, 2016, 08:23:20 am »

Suspicions are on it being Volkmar. The other legendary lord though is a bit more difficult since the book which the mentioned renown units are from, called "Sigmar's Blood" outlines battles between the Empire and the Vampire Counts but there is a dwarfen rune priest called Kragg the Grim.

I've looked through the book and one nice thing is that, while the models might not be hugely different from the base ones, they'll still be more different than the featured models from Games Workshop where most of the photos are of stock models. It mentions things like units of flaggalents, Knights of the Blazing Sun as well as a necromancer called Ghorst on a corpse cart.

If one of the legendary lords is Volkmar, he might have a unique mount of the war altar of Sigmar which would be neat.

I was also thinking on the mercenary mechanic being added alongside this. It could be used so the Empire can hire giants into their army as well as Beastmen units for Warriors of Chaos or Empire swordsmen for Vampire Counts. Units that don't fit the armies base unit list but are mentioned as being used in the lore.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1299 on: August 11, 2016, 10:01:11 am »

So, Krell?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1300 on: August 11, 2016, 10:02:58 am »

So, Krell?
All DLCs, free or paid, are about Krell.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1301 on: August 11, 2016, 11:10:39 am »

I do wonder whether they'll add named heroes, as a number of the characters for races aren't really the "lead army" type. Krell is one, as is Konrad von Carstein who isn't capable with magic enough to command undead and, later, Deathmaster Snikch for the Skaven who is an assassin.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1302 on: August 11, 2016, 11:21:32 am »

Konrad von Carstein who isn't capable with magic enough to command undead
Konrad didn't have any problem with commanding undead, having even lead the VCs in the lore after Vlad got himself killed. Manny only took over after Konrad himself died.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1303 on: August 11, 2016, 11:49:22 am »

Konrad did have a problem, he himself couldn't animate the dead or control them directly, he had to use vassal necromancers to do it for him.

Prior to becoming the leader of the von Carsteins he would murder necromancers frequently for insulting him due to his lack of magical ability.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1304 on: August 11, 2016, 12:01:41 pm »

All this talk of vampire murders reminds me of a recent Warhammer CK2 game I played where about 50 years into the game I noticed that Manfred had singlehandedly assassinated every single member of the Von Carstein line including Vlad, Konrad, their other brother, his own mother Isabella, etc. making him the de facto leader of the Vampire Counts.

So I arranged a vampire slaying party and went to go finish him off. And that was the end of the geheimnisnacht. No climatic battles over castle walls. No legendary rings of immortality. Just people backstabbing one another.
Pages: 1 ... 85 86 [87] 88 89 ... 277