Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 484574 times)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! It's out!
« Reply #1815 on: February 28, 2017, 12:27:45 am »

Playing as Brettonia currently.
Is fun.
AMA
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Silent_Thunder

• Bay Watcher
  • World Heavyweight Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1816 on: February 28, 2017, 12:47:01 am »

Playing as Brettonia currently.
Is fun.
AMA

Why do you follow a watery tart instead of Sigmar's holy light. And gunpowder. Mostly gunpowder.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #1817 on: February 28, 2017, 12:56:44 am »

I do want to know just how big the flying goon squad can get. I hope TW:W doesn't turn into that entirely.
It's a game. Have fun.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1818 on: February 28, 2017, 06:38:15 am »

Because she distributes swords.

It is annoying when my pegasus knights aren't fast enough to catch hawkriders and they just keep shooting me.
Elves are harder to play against than I thought.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1819 on: February 28, 2017, 12:12:12 pm »

Do the elf units with the magical arrows ever run out of ammo?

As dwarves, my tactic has mostly been 'sit and wait until they run out of ammo, then charge them' and its been effective except those magic-slinging bow guys never seemed to run out.

I solved it by bringing more cannons, which was glorious. I burned the tree of ages.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1820 on: February 28, 2017, 12:46:39 pm »

Do the elf units with the magical arrows ever run out of ammo?
Yes. Actually, I think they have slightly less ammo than their regular counterparts.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1821 on: February 28, 2017, 12:53:39 pm »

Hm, maybe I was just impatient. Still, my tactic of having ironbreakers simply weather the arrow storm seemed to work remarkably well. Once they ran out, my own riflemen and axemen quickly removed the elf threat

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1822 on: February 28, 2017, 01:28:51 pm »

Hm, maybe I was just impatient. Still, my tactic of having ironbreakers simply weather the arrow storm seemed to work remarkably well. Once they ran out, my own riflemen and axemen quickly removed the elf threat
Other than bringing a bunch of siege weapons and gyrocopters, that's probably the only strategy that Dwarfs have against Elves.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #1823 on: February 28, 2017, 01:31:58 pm »

Gyrocopters didn't work out so well when I tried them. The massed ranged fire from the elves really tore them up.

It was pretty impressive though, seeing a line of ironbreakers just slowly walking into the rain of arrows completely heedless of the incoming fire.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1824 on: February 28, 2017, 02:11:46 pm »

Apparently, Bretonnia is the last Old World DLC, at least for a while. Are we going west, for Elves, Lizardmen, maybe a touch of Skaven? Or south and east, for skeltals and Ogres (and a touch of Skaven)?

Given that the expansialones will connect to the base game if you have them both, I wonder how hard it will be to do a total world conquest across all three maps. I wonder if the maps become one huge seamless map, or there are transition points ala Empire. I imagine they have to add naval combat, now, at least if they go west.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Retropunch

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1825 on: February 28, 2017, 02:22:48 pm »

Apparently, Bretonnia is the last Old World DLC, at least for a while. Are we going west, for Elves, Lizardmen, maybe a touch of Skaven? Or south and east, for skeltals and Ogres (and a touch of Skaven)?

Given that the expansialones will connect to the base game if you have them both, I wonder how hard it will be to do a total world conquest across all three maps. I wonder if the maps become one huge seamless map, or there are transition points ala Empire. I imagine they have to add naval combat, now, at least if they go west.

I'd hope west, just because lizardmen and skaven could have some quite interesting mechanics - I can imagine other Elves would also be easy enough to do and add a lot of interest. I'd also hope it's one big map, but it depends how they've coded the game - I wouldn't imagine the world map size matters too much, so they should be able to just tack more stuff on.
With enough work and polish, it could have been a forgettable flash game on Kongregate.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1826 on: February 28, 2017, 02:44:03 pm »

I didn't realise that was going to be the end of it. I'm not terribly familiar with Warhammer lore so I was hoping we'd see Skaven before the standalones. I'll probably wait on purchasing the standalones though, TW:WH went for 12$ on humble less than a year after it was released. I'll just have to avoid getting on the hypetrain, which might be hard if Skaven are included. :P

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1827 on: February 28, 2017, 03:59:28 pm »

Here's to hoping they give us real sieges back...

Doubtful that'll happen, but here's to hoping nontheless.

Today I spent two hours incinerating elves with fire. It was fantastic. 10/10 would incinerate longears again.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1828 on: February 28, 2017, 08:56:21 pm »

Well, when map packs start getting compiled we should be able to get a nice variety in siege maps. I think they're still just battle maps but some, like the Karak Kadrin map, have natural chokepoints that make it pretty much a siege. All that's missing is the control points.

It's also interesting to note that Alberic of Bordeleaux's unique item, the Tridant of Manaan, actually gives -75% deep sea attrition. I don't think any other character has this benefit.

As for the end to DLC for the first game, I thought I saw mentions that there was going to be one more coming. There is still the "Old Friend" thing in the FLC list but I felt sure there was some other DLC coming.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1829 on: February 28, 2017, 09:01:02 pm »

Well, when map packs start getting compiled we should be able to get a nice variety in siege maps. I think they're still just battle maps but some, like the Karak Kadrin map, have natural chokepoints that make it pretty much a siege. All that's missing is the control points.
Can't have siege equipment or gates or towers in custom maps, sadly.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 120 121 [122] 123 124 ... 277