Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 484608 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! It's out!
« Reply #1950 on: March 25, 2017, 08:22:25 am »

I wonder how they are going to handle lizardman public order. I'm not a huge warhammer lore aficionado, but my understanding is that the lizardmen and skinks going against their slann is pretty uncommon, and in general even the mage priests work together very well. I guess they could still justify it in some ways, like a slann raising a rebellion because, idk, he somehow contemplated that he needed too. But it seems like it'd feel a little weak to me to be honest.

I also wonder what the big end game is gunna be. At first I thought that maybe it'd be a copy of the chaos rising stuff in the first game except maybe with demons instead of warriors, but thinking about it if they put both elves and demons into this second game that might be blowing their load a bit too early. Like, skaven, ogres, and tomb kings are all really cool, but they aren't exactly box cover material for the third game. I guess it could still be warriors of chaos, with the dark elves facing the warriors and the high elves and lizardmen facing Norse raiders. But I hope it's something a bit different.
« Last Edit: March 25, 2017, 08:25:22 am by Criptfeind »

ZebioLizard2

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1951 on: March 25, 2017, 08:27:37 am »

I wonder how they are going to handle lizardman public order. I'm not a huge warhammer lore aficionado, but my understanding is that the lizardmen and skinks going against their slann is pretty uncommon, and in general even the mage priests work together very well. I guess they could still justify it in some ways, like a slann raising a rebellion because, idk, he somehow contemplated that he needed too. But it seems like it'd feel a little weak to me to be honest.

They fixed this with Dwarfs where instead of Dwarfs hitting their own kind it's large groups of Orcs looking to cause problems. I assume in this stead it'll be Skaven causing problems instead.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1952 on: March 25, 2017, 08:36:59 am »

Ah, right, that'd make sense, of course. I guess that'd require Skaven to be in as an at least non playable faction along with the lizardmen. I wonder what the third game would be then demons+ogres+tomb kings+.....Chaos dwarfs? Like the south pole up along the mountains...?

Skaven could be a pretty great late game threat though. Work very much like chaos does now I guess. When you play them they are super fractured and need to be pulled together into a big threat, when the computer plays them they get pulled together naturally into an unending tide of fur?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #1953 on: March 25, 2017, 09:45:52 am »

Ah, right, that'd make sense, of course. I guess that'd require Skaven to be in as an at least non playable faction along with the lizardmen. I wonder what the third game would be then demons+ogres+tomb kings+.....Chaos dwarfs? Like the south pole up along the mountains...?

Skaven could be a pretty great late game threat though. Work very much like chaos does now I guess. When you play them they are super fractured and need to be pulled together into a big threat, when the computer plays them they get pulled together naturally into an unending tide of fur?
South Pole and Southlands, as well as the Far East, is most likely never appear. Third expansion will likely expand it southwards to cover Araby and Khemri and east to cover the Dark Lands and the Mountains of Mourn.

Skaven should not be allowed to confederate. Betrayal and infighting is a huge thing for them. Going to be somewhat disappointed if they can.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #1954 on: March 25, 2017, 11:07:22 am »

The third game will be about Chaos divided.

It's why Chaos is in such a funky state right now, it was never meant to be playable as originally the plan was to wait until the third game before you could play them.

------

If some of you newcomers are lost as to how we know all this, it's because CA's DLC plans were leaked about a year ago by Russian dataminers here: http://totalwars.ru/index.php/total-war-warhammer-news/2576-total-war-warhammer-fb-dlc-and-expansion-pack-plans.html

CA has added more stuff since then but the race releases have been spot on. That leak came out before Beastmen DLC.

Anyway, the leak says that Game 2 will have three playable races (both elves and lizardmen) while Skaven and Tomb Kings will be DLC. Game 3 again will be just Chaos with Chaos Dwarfs and Ogres as DLC.

I forgot to check this earlier. So yeah, probably Tilea or Estalia will be preorder DLC then.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1955 on: March 25, 2017, 11:56:57 am »

I am honestly just anxious to see how they animate the cold one riders.
They're a pretty ungainly pair.

As for Skaven, yes to confederations but it would be better if they can split. Screw rebel armies- rebel Cities.
Also, warpstone as special resource? Chaos corruption affinity?
Thoughts?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1956 on: March 25, 2017, 12:25:46 pm »

Warpstone resource is probably a given and we can expect a wincon similar to the wood elves. They causing chaos corruption is probably going to be a thing, being mutants.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1957 on: March 25, 2017, 11:49:30 pm »

It'd be interesting if corruption levels in a region affected the available troops.  Low corruption gives you hordes of cheap trash units, high corruption brings out the expensive mutants.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1958 on: March 26, 2017, 08:59:55 am »

It'd be interesting if corruption levels in a region affected the available troops.  Low corruption gives you hordes of cheap trash units, high corruption brings out the expensive mutants.
That would work best for daemons, not skaven.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1959 on: March 26, 2017, 09:17:40 am »

I would like four specific skaven barracks (Assassin academy, Flesh Labs, Engineers workshop, plague incubators) each with a roster of elite units and all which give a public order hit if sharing a settlement.
But that's silly to dream.

Also- Is it just me or is Narragoth and Ulthuan pretty single-race dominated, whilst Lustria has Lizards, Rats, Undead, Amazons, Norse and whatever else.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2017, 03:12:50 am by Tack »
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1960 on: March 27, 2017, 07:51:45 am »

There are greenskins and some High Elf colonies in southern Naggaroth, but Ulthuan is very much monolithic though

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1961 on: March 27, 2017, 09:03:06 am »

I thought areas like Naggaroth and Lustria were rather limited in enemies as well, but there are other factions around there.

Beastmen, Greenskins and Chaos in Naggaroth. There are greenskins in Lustria as well as some human colonies and vampire pirates. Ulthuan has much less but they do get attacked reguarly by Dark Elves and I think also Daemons (Since, even though there is the Vortex, there's still a lot of magic floating around especially in places like Saphrey). I believe one of the lore pieces is the Phoenix Gate (One of 5 gates that link the inner kingdoms of Ulthuan from the outer kingdoms) gets destroyed pretty much whenever it is rebuilt. Greenskins have attacked Ulthuan as Grom the Paunch landed with his army and raided around for a bit before being driven into the sea.

I imagine Ulthuan could have events where Waystones get sabotaged by chaos influenced High Elves allowing armies to spawn in Ulthuan. Ulthuan is layed out like the inner coast of the ring is rather peaceful but the outer ring is raided, haunted by ghosts, fallen cities, flooded coasts and wild beasts (not beastmen but more like Manticores I think).
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1962 on: March 27, 2017, 09:32:47 am »

Also I feel like a 'proper' map divvy (were it not for those leaks I guess) would be more likely to be cursed lands, Cathay, Naggaroth, Albion and Ulthuan, and then Lustria and Khemri- it's the only way to get neat rectangular maps.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1963 on: March 27, 2017, 01:51:10 pm »

I greatly doubt Cathay will ever appear. Albion too, for that matter.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1964 on: March 27, 2017, 02:08:44 pm »

No wraparound map?
Smart, probably.
Pages: 1 ... 129 130 [131] 132 133 ... 277