Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 484386 times)

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #2265 on: June 24, 2017, 12:42:53 pm »

does anybody know where one might find the preference file on Mac?

EDIT: I found it, but holy shit is it incredibly buried.

EDIT: I managed to get workshop mods working on Mac as well. An entirely convoluted process, but actually not that hard.
« Last Edit: June 24, 2017, 12:58:30 pm by Urist McScoopbeard »
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: June 24, 2017, 02:57:14 pm »

...The counts get to live.

How the bloody hell do you support five armies off Drakenhof alone, and then batter away Sarthoreal and Archaon in one go with them?

I mean, they're mostly zombies, but jeez VC, you really helped cleanse the world. Peacing out with you was actually useful!

Also, I can't seem to confederate with Clan Angrund despite the Shield of Civilization bonuses, and the +213 rep I have with them. And not in the "it's red", I mean "button aint' fucking THERE".

What's going on with that? Is it because I lack The King And The Warlord?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: June 24, 2017, 02:59:05 pm »

...The counts get to live.

How the bloody hell do you support five armies off Drakenhof alone, and then batter away Sarthoreal and Archaon in one go with them?

I mean, they're mostly zombies, but jeez VC, you really helped cleanse the world. Peacing out with you was actually useful!

Also, I can't seem to confederate with Clan Angrund despite the Shield of Civilization bonuses, and the +213 rep I have with them. And not in the "it's red", I mean "button aint' fucking THERE".

What's going on with that? Is it because I lack The King And The Warlord?
It might be.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: June 25, 2017, 02:39:53 pm »

So in continuation of my Steel Faith VH vampire game.

Skip ahead a few dozen turns and I'm fighting the Chaos hordes.

I've done this before in my legendary campaign do I wasn't expecting much. But goddamn. I was not prepared.

SF buffs chaos to ludicrous, absurd degrees. To illustrate how insane they are, a single one of their random stacks straight up walked up and attacked Kislev with a full stack of units defending it and a gigantic garrison, didn't even bother waiting for siege equipment and attacked.

The autoresolve screen showed me with 0 chance of victory even with about 6x their number. And these ain't zombies and skellingtons. Grave guards, Terrorgheist, big stuff. I thought the game was joking... But I thought wrong.

Imagine if all the Chaos Warriors were promoted to becoming basically Chosen. Imagine if all the Chosen were more or less walking heroes in groups of 80. Armoured trolls so strong with such insane regen it's like fighting groups of Vlads.

They steamrolled me. They steamrolled everything I had. I had to recall all my armies to Sylvania because that's how far they pushed South. My strategy became "sacrifice two armies of garbage to weaken the one enemy stack before finishing it of".

Even after repelling the initial assault, because it takes so long to even kill one stack, the others have time to respawn back at the wastes. It became a brutal crawl as we slowly made our way back up North into Kislev. The only thing that was in my favor was the wood elfs' silly jihad in Norsca. They had three stacks there in an endless war against the raiders, which helped immensely. No idea why they went all the way up there but more power to them.

It's truly absurd. SF buffed Chaos so frigging much. Was actually pretty fun, though the attrition really hurts. I suspect it someone is more prepared for how crazy strong they are, you'd have a way easier time.

---

Also Archaeon now has a fireball machine gun. It's nuts. You can't fight him from a distance.

Urist McScoopbeard

• Bay Watcher
  • Damnit Scoopz!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: June 25, 2017, 03:10:58 pm »

In a way, isn't that the "I Repelled A Chaos Invasion" experience? Get fucked up then slowly fuck them up at incredible loss to both sides?

So anyways, tried a number of different campaigns with SFO. Dwarves and Tilea have been pretty fun thus far. There's certainly a good amount of content, especially with such a great modding community. Playing Tilea, I find myself missing the added challenge of the Skaven. Helped the Dwarves roflstomp the orks to the North then proceeded to head to the land-grab once I saw the the Border Princes had seriously fucked up the badlands--so much so that between myself, The Border Princes, and the Dwarves the Orks were about to get wiped out. Everyone allied with me and I kind of don't feel like head into Bretonnia to fight my Ally's war. Time to betray everyone I guess. Classic Tilea.
This conversation is getting disturbing fast, disturbingly erotic.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: June 25, 2017, 03:44:56 pm »

In a way, isn't that the "I Repelled A Chaos Invasion" experience? Get fucked up then slowly fuck them up at incredible loss to both sides?
I can't imagine anyone having any problems with the vanilla Chaos invasion. It's so easy the AI tends to beat them without you doing anything.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: June 25, 2017, 04:10:12 pm »

I can't imagine anyone having any problems with the vanilla Chaos invasion. It's so easy the AI tends to beat them without you doing anything.
Chariots.

Seriously, how the bloody hell do you stop those things?

They tank enough hits a full army's of Quarreler fire will only kill off one unit at the most, and the rest of the incoming force of chariots rip through your lines easy.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: June 25, 2017, 04:22:46 pm »

Chariots.

Seriously, how the bloody hell do you stop those things?

They tank enough hits a full army's of Quarreler fire will only kill off one unit at the most, and the rest of the incoming force of chariots rip through your lines easy.
Ah yes, weapons of mass Surtha Ek.

If you're using Dwarfs, your best bet is Gyrocopters with brimstone guns. Failing that, slayer spam.

However, Ironbreakers will also stop them. To some degree. Not that you really need to. IIRC, many Dwarf units have charge resistance anyway, making chariots kinda derpy against them.

Get lots of armour piercing stuff. The AI kinda cheats with its chariots in that it can spam a hundred move orders in a second, this allows them to basically disengage from anything. Something you can't really do unless you're seriously micro-ing your own chariots like a god.

With other factions, Chariots do really poorly against large sized units. This means horses, trolls, tanks, giants, heroes, etc. Dwarfs don't really have anything like that. In fact, Dwarfs also don't have anything with anti-large other than Slayers. So your only options are armour piercing or slayers. Good thing is that your armour piercing and slayers are really good at killing them.

---

If you're fighting factions with lots of monsters or large units (basically everyone except Dwarfs honestly), you should bring brimstone guns. They're your best bet at toppling Giants, Araknaroks, Grail Knights, etc. Just be aware they will lose the air fight to almost everything. Including bats.

---

Edit: Oh, there are also irondrakes with torpedoes. You could try those.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: June 25, 2017, 05:59:15 pm »

Chariots.
Ah yes, weapons of mass Surtha Ek.
Surtha Ek, Loremaster of the Lore of Chariots. The true Lord of the End Times.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: June 25, 2017, 09:33:45 pm »

Well, I managed to break the Von Carstein faction and Archaon in two battles, so now it's the age of peace.

So that's good. Also took back everything past Zhufbar finally, was holding the line there for a while.

Now, on Trollhammer Torpedoes, do they go over units? Because I can't really maneuver my troops that don't shoot over very well.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: June 25, 2017, 09:58:50 pm »

Now, on Trollhammer Torpedoes, do they go over units? Because I can't really maneuver my troops that don't shoot over very well.
Yeah, they shoot over units.

I don't really use them that much though so not really sure about the intricacies. I think the only time I used them was against Kholek. Worked fantastic.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: June 26, 2017, 09:31:54 pm »

...What the fuck Clan Angrund.

I wiped out the Wood Elves, and for that, they declared war on me! Me!

I'm the High King! Lord of Karaz-A-Karak!

And their armies are like 80% Slayers! Nobody likes Slayers! They're awful!

Belegar, if you want Eight Peaks, ask. I don't need it! I have a bloody Karaz Ankor at this point!

Gwah.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: June 26, 2017, 10:12:16 pm »

Belegar, if you want Eight Peaks, ask. I don't need it! I have a bloody Karaz Ankor at this point!

Gwah.
That's a grudgin'

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: June 27, 2017, 12:53:43 am »

Gwah.
That's a grudgin'
If it weren't for the fact that Clan Angrund's main army was basically wiped out by a minor settlement garrison due to being mostly Slayers, I'd build Thorgrim an army of Hammerers solely to beat Belegar's face in. Because Hammerers are the justice system!

As is, he's got garrisons ans some really odd army compositions like a Lord and 2 Master Engineers, or four cannons.

AI is odd in this game.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: June 27, 2017, 01:38:48 am »

Just wait till you see Surtra Ek's Chariots of Doom - or Grimgor with ten rock lobbers.
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 277