Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 484522 times)

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #2625 on: August 19, 2017, 09:53:55 pm »

Do you know what Fimir do to people after they defeat them? It might take a few of them, but that's what happens to Kolek too.

Imagine the beautiful little halfbreeds they'll make......
It's a game. Have fun.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2626 on: August 20, 2017, 05:34:13 am »

Fimir aren't a Chaos unit though.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2627 on: August 23, 2017, 09:59:30 am »

The Norsca hotfix has been released with several changes to skill trees, fixing abilities that weren't working and so on.

Spoiler: List of Changes (click to show/hide)

With some of the changes to skills for lords, you may lose points you had allocated in current games. In my current game, Kemmlar lost the points he had in the skills for Krell. Not a big deal but, eh.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2628 on: August 23, 2017, 04:19:42 pm »

They also released a video showing the Total War Warhammer map and starting faction locations. Apparently there will be a video on the Dark Elves campaign tomorrow.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2629 on: August 23, 2017, 07:45:54 pm »

I hope they improve the maps. The field maps were either a few tiny slopes and forests, maybe a rock, or a massive cliff face that the enemy gets to practically start on. The fort maps were all "here are the same 2-3 gates on completely flat land. Do the thing you always do".

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2630 on: August 23, 2017, 09:37:15 pm »

I hope they improve the maps. The field maps were either a few tiny slopes and forests, maybe a rock, or a massive cliff face that the enemy gets to practically start on. The fort maps were all "here are the same 2-3 gates on completely flat land. Do the thing you always do".
Someone mentioned earlier in the thread that there was more map variation.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2631 on: August 23, 2017, 10:51:42 pm »

Some of the maps we've seen from the Skaven campaign vs a High Elf army had a map with some cliffs and terrain variation. Whether this is indicative of the majority of maps or not is unknown but it does speak positively towards such a change.
Some of the siege maps have had different maps added. There was a Lizardmen city with a different wall and interior layout, can't find the image right now.

Some things people have noted from the campaign map video; you can see a Black Arc at one point and the word "currently" is used in regards to Bretonnia occupying Araby. I really like the new designs for the cities. They look much more expansive and detailed than in Warhammer 1, I noted the Vampire Coast had a new port city design.

Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2632 on: August 24, 2017, 12:01:52 am »

The maps are more or less the same honestly.

You can see some for yourself throughout this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x7pJbChcaX4

The only interesting one I saw so far was a lizardman siege, which was basically one straight line. It's in that video as well.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2633 on: August 24, 2017, 08:30:02 am »

A video showcasing a few turns of the Dark Elf campaign has been uploaded by Creative Assembly. It shows Black Arks, sea loot, slave mechanics, rites and the ritual. Black Arks are created through a rite and the sacrificing of slaves.

Some interesting points are the ability to change what is focused on during the turn over, how advanced a particular trait is on your lord as well as a title system for Dark Elf lords that can give them different bonuses depending on their role.

The map really is very big. travelling from one continent to another will be a major undertaking what with storms, reefs and what-have-you about the place. A second part of the above video is planned to be uploaded tomorrow.

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2634 on: August 24, 2017, 10:30:37 am »

Oh thank god the patch makes Chaos replenishment not awful.

I can get my units back!

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2635 on: August 25, 2017, 09:52:24 am »

The next video featuring Dark Elf gameplay is up. A battle between the Dark Elves and High Elves it shows off the various units of the Dark Elves as well as the bombardment abilities granted by the nearby Black Ark on the campaign map (Like bombardments in Fall of the Samurai) and a few spells of the lore of Dark Magic from Malekith.

Another thing of note is you can now angle where wind blast-type spells go. Currently their angle is determined by the position of the caster, being a straight line away. Certainly this'll make these spells easier to use though I did like getting flying mounts for casters so they were easier to target.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2636 on: August 25, 2017, 11:08:20 am »

Whaaat? Perfect endilading no flying mount required?
That's just rude.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2637 on: August 25, 2017, 11:28:03 am »

Whaaat? Perfect endilading no flying mount required?
That's just rude.
They could have just saved that ability for Mazdamundi.

Like, I'd have been satisfied if that was the only thing making him a superior wizard to everything else.

"He has the ability... to cast line vortexes any direction he wants"

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2638 on: August 25, 2017, 11:32:05 am »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 25, 2017, 11:37:31 am by Tack »

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 174 175 [176] 177 178 ... 277