Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 485082 times)

Micro102

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #2685 on: September 08, 2017, 02:51:29 pm »

I think Micro might be talking about Warhammer 2. In which case, it not only adds 4 new races, but also about as much map as the original base game.

No, I was talking about the DLC for the first one. I'm definatly going to buy the second :) (when it's on massive sale)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2686 on: September 08, 2017, 02:56:50 pm »

I think Micro might be talking about Warhammer 2. In which case, it not only adds 4 new races, but also about as much map as the original base game.
No, I was talking about the DLC for the first one. I'm definatly going to buy the second :) (when it's on massive sale)
What made me think that was you claiming that it expanded the map. None of the DLCs expand the map.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: September 08, 2017, 11:28:29 pm »

Another video was released showcasing the High Elf fortress gates. Four of these are present in Ulthuan, protecting valleys that lead into the inner kingdoms, so they have to be captured if you want to move through them. They also come with some unique abilities like summoning eagles for the Eagle Gate.

The map looks very nice, the artists have done a great job on getting the look of the High Elfs right. The map shown has a number of differences to a usual siege, though it remains mostly the same. There are two paths leading up slopes to the gates, you can't take siege towers, a raised platform behind the walls as well as some ravines you could put artillery behind. It doesn't show the extent of the playing area but I assume it goes back to just before where the red carpeted stairs begin.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: September 08, 2017, 11:51:13 pm »

I think the AI would have to besiege you with insane numbers to be able to dislodge a player from that position. Especially considering the caliber of Elven units to begin with.

Currently if the AI doesn't get siege towers, you can basically defend triple or quadruple your numbers in a defensive siege. If the AI gets the towers, then it becomes a different story. But since you can't get them in this special siege... uh... good luck AI.

Shadowgandor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: September 09, 2017, 01:09:06 pm »

What made me think that was you claiming that it expanded the map. None of the DLCs expand the map.

Wood Elves does though. It opens up the forest

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: September 09, 2017, 01:24:18 pm »

Wood Elves does though. It opens up the forest
It did with the update. You don't need to buy elves to go into Athel Loren.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: September 12, 2017, 05:50:43 am »

Settra doesn't serve! Settra rules!

Skip to 7:58. Title is rather misleading, but we kind of already knew Tomb Kings would be a thing.

Skip back to 7:14 for a really dumb question.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: September 12, 2017, 10:42:46 am »

I have a Key for Total War: Warhammer, That I DON'T want.

Anyone want to trade it for something of lesser value? Donno, I just have it sitting there unused and I don't really want to deal with something like G2A or such to make worth of it...
Main thing I want is XCom2 War of Chosen DLC. :P
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: September 12, 2017, 12:25:56 pm »

Darn. I've been wanting to get it for my brother but at the same time, that DLC is almost more expensive than the game.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: September 12, 2017, 12:39:38 pm »

It's a pretty poor trade to be fair.

Warhammer is a year old and frequently goes on sale for 50% off or more. The record was when it was on Humble Bundle for like $16.

War of the Chosen on the other hand is brand new and costs more than the net worth of Venezuela.

Neyvn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: September 12, 2017, 03:17:21 pm »

What do you mean, Total War: Warhammer is showing 67.99USD on Stea.....
Oh that was Warhammer 2...
Wait,, TW:Warhammer is 60USD on Steam while XCom2:War of Chosen DLC is 40USD...

$20 difference? Thats still better on your end...

Heck, I will throw in Killing Floor 2 as well. Hows that sound???
Quote from: Ubiq
Broker: Wasn't there an ambush squad here just a second ago?
Merchant: I don't know what you're talking about. Do you want this goblin ankle bone amulet or not?
My LIVESTREAM. I'm Aussie, so not everything is clean. Least it works...

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: September 12, 2017, 03:21:27 pm »

The last part of the ritual has been added. There doesn't seem to be a clue but deduction should lead people to the answer.
Okay...

I've tried Skaven and Rat and Rats, none of those work.

Put it in spoilers for those more willing to stretch their brains?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: September 12, 2017, 03:44:47 pm »

The last part of the ritual has been added. There doesn't seem to be a clue but deduction should lead people to the answer.
Okay...

I've tried Skaven and Rat and Rats, none of those work.

Put it in spoilers for those more willing to stretch their brains?
Spoiler: The Answer (click to show/hide)

It's a rhyme.

EDIT: In mod news, this is cool.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: September 15, 2017, 11:57:50 am »

A new video covering some Lizardmen campaign gameplay as Lord Mazdamundi has been uploaded. We get a look at how the geomantic web works, the Lizardmen build and research trees, how blessed spawning units differ from normal ones, the rites available as well as how you can use heroes to scout out ruins to discover Skaven settlements.

The blessed spawning units seem quite neat, the Carnasaur they show has 25% more speed as well as 50% magic resistance. The new upgrades for spells are nice as well, with more levels lowering the casting cost of base and overcharged as well as lowering the miscast chance. Some of the later research topics gives things like -1 to global recruit time as well as 200% to mining and quarry income (Gold mines and the like).

Edit: There's also been a few other things over the last few days. A cinematic overview of the new world campaign map and a video showcasing the Moon Dragon.

There was also a small tournament between various Creative Assembly employees. Here's a link to the Total War Twitch channel if you want to watch the full stream. Several YouTubers who cover Total War content (Such as Invicta and MilkandcookiesTW) also have videos covering specific battles if you don't wish to watch the whole broadcast.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 12:11:27 pm by Mech#4 »

Pages: 1 ... 178 179 [180] 181 182 ... 277