Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 485060 times)

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #2700 on: September 20, 2017, 10:14:58 am »

An interesting blog post has been put up covering the first half of FLC plans for Warhammer 2, as well as information on what we can expect from the combined campaign map, now called the "Mortal Empires" campaign.

A lot of the mechanics we're seeing implemented in Warhammer 2 are going to be present in the combined campaign map. Climate effects, dragon breath attacks as well as 35 legendary lords across 25 starting positions and 295 settlements controlled by 117 factions.

Here's the FLC plan so far. It looks like we're going to be seeing a new Skaven, High Elf and Lizardman legendary lord in the future. Reading some more, it seems like Creative Assembly has mentioned that the Skaven lord isn't Thanquol so I'm guessing it's likely Ikit Claw, considering the next FLC is called "The Experiment".
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 10:17:50 am by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2701 on: September 20, 2017, 10:24:58 am »

Thanquol is pretty much DLC material, considering how iconic he is. It's actually surprising that Vlad was FLC rather than Who?man Ghorst.

For other paid LLs in the Grim and the Grave style packs, I expect the Everqueen to be one, maybe Hellebron. No idea who would be the Lizardman one. Kroak or Tenehauin. The latter would make more sense since he is the prophet of Sotek and in the tabletop gave massive bonuses vs Skaven. Also is a skink.

EDIT: I like the last paragraph.
And a final word on the name. We know that not all the empires and characters featured in Mortal Empires are ‘mortal’ in the truest sense of the word. But compared with what may be stirring on the distant horizon…
Spoopy pyramids confirmed.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2017, 10:49:26 am by Teneb »
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2702 on: September 20, 2017, 11:06:32 am »

It sounds more like it's referring to chaos. Because compared to chaos demons, even Egyptian skeletons are mortal.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2703 on: September 20, 2017, 01:25:44 pm »

Surely it's the Sigmarines?
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2704 on: September 20, 2017, 01:45:02 pm »

Oh please no.

Maybe Cathay?
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2705 on: September 20, 2017, 02:01:51 pm »

It sounds more like it's referring to chaos. Because compared to chaos demons, even Egyptian skeletons are mortal.
TKs are actually immortal, though. Destroying a Nehekaran just causes them to be out of comission until either they manage to somehow put themselves together, or someone else does. Even if the body is destroyed. Because fuck explaining lore.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2706 on: September 20, 2017, 02:33:50 pm »

TKs are actually immortal, though. Destroying a Nehekaran just causes them to be out of comission until either they manage to somehow put themselves together, or someone else does. Even if the body is destroyed. Because fuck explaining lore.
There's also the fact that the entire context of the quote revolves around that point being the third game's mega campaign not involving "mortal" empires. Unless you think Tomb Kings are going to be a race in the third game... it's a reference to Chaos.

Not that I think this has any relevance whatsoever. We already know Tomb Kings are going to be DLC for sure in this one and that the third game is going to be about Chaos...

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2707 on: September 20, 2017, 02:40:59 pm »

There's also the fact that the entire context of the quote revolves around that point being the third game's mega campaign not involving "mortal" empires. Unless you think Tomb Kings are going to be a race in the third game... it's Chaos.
They mention that the WH1+WH2+WH3 campaign is separate from the Mortal Empires one. And I interpreted it as being something for the Vortex/Mortal Empires campaigns (Though obviously will be part of the final combined map). Hence Tomb Kings.

At any rate, I expect there will be more Norsca-like DLC where CA has to make up its own lore due to the TKs being the only armybook faction who has land in the Vortex map (Daemons aside, since they can be anywhere).

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2708 on: September 20, 2017, 03:16:32 pm »

At any rate, I expect there will be more Norsca-like DLC where CA has to make up its own lore due to the TKs being the only armybook faction who has land in the Vortex map (Daemons aside, since they can be anywhere).
It took me awhile to figure out what you mean here until I realized you meant "Southlands", not "Vortex map".

Then yeah, they'll probably throw in Araby at some point as part of some reconquista thing since they're being occupied by Bretonnian Crusaders right now.

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2709 on: September 20, 2017, 04:18:23 pm »

I'm kind of in love with Stygia, so I'm hoping for an DLC involving reclaiming that. Sort of like the dwarf reconquering one. I know that is super unlikely though, both because it's not a thing in the tabletop and because Stygia would be part of the previous map area.

I will have to do with enslaving the world under my skelegypton fist.
Love, scriver~

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2710 on: September 20, 2017, 04:33:08 pm »

At least they might have that section of the darn map open.
Only thing more annoying than an inaccessible and impassable athel loren is an ina-impa Skavenblight.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2711 on: September 20, 2017, 11:12:09 pm »

Is this the swampy area (Marshes of Madness) in the Badlands? That was part of the Mourkain Empire under Ushoran. I think it wasn't traversable early on but you can march forces through there now, I use it as an escape method with Greenskin armies in the tunnel movement mode. I remember that area was included in Warhammer Online.

As for the "We know not all of them are mortal empires" I did take that as referencing game 3 and the Chaos Daemons since it said distant future.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2712 on: September 20, 2017, 11:36:03 pm »

Uh... swamps between Tilea and Estalia.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2713 on: September 21, 2017, 10:10:07 am »

So I checked out some of the apparently many in-game movies for Warhammer 2 and Goddamn, shit looks good.

There's so many movies now. Introductions, rituals, etc.

Here's one: https://youtu.be/13SZzkQWAkk

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2714 on: September 21, 2017, 11:01:39 am »

It looks like they're going the pan over images cutscene route instead of game engine renderings. Hopefully this means we get more cutscenes for the DLCs this time around too.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 179 180 [181] 182 183 ... 277