Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 481009 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #2715 on: September 21, 2017, 11:17:51 am »

I guess the Light Wizard/Sorcerer of Tzeentch is still the narrator, then? I wonder how they'll tie him into this story, since he was part of Archaon's End Times storyline.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2716 on: September 21, 2017, 11:34:37 am »

I wonder if they'll use him to narrate for the other Chaos factions in the third game too. That would be quite amusing. I can't imagine Mr. Angry Skull being very happy about that.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2717 on: September 21, 2017, 11:40:18 am »

I wonder if they'll use him to narrate for the other Chaos factions in the third game too. That would be quite amusing. I can't imagine Mr. Angry Skull being very happy about that.
Khorne is ambivalent towards Tzeentch. But I will be disappointed if he doesn't constantly insult and belittle you if you are playing as a hypothetical nurglite faction.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2718 on: September 21, 2017, 11:54:40 am »

Khorne is ambivalent towards Tzeentch. But I will be disappointed if he doesn't constantly insult and belittle you if you are playing as a hypothetical nurglite faction.
Khorne? Ambivalent?

You're referring to the guy who flays the soul of any sorcerer who dares approach him as ambivalent towards the prime chief superguy of magic?

Are you sure you're referring to the right person, because I don't think ambivalent is a mood that exists for Mr. Angry Man. I highly doubt he's capable of being ambivalent to a bowl of cereal, let alone any of the other gods.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2719 on: September 21, 2017, 03:35:00 pm »

Khorne? Ambivalent?

You're referring to the guy who flays the soul of any sorcerer who dares approach him as ambivalent towards the prime chief superguy of magic?

Are you sure you're referring to the right person, because I don't think ambivalent is a mood that exists for Mr. Angry Man. I highly doubt he's capable of being ambivalent to a bowl of cereal, let alone any of the other gods.

Tzeentch isn't actually all that high on his shit-list, Slaanesh has top tier position. Khorne only hates Tzeentch about as much as everyone else who isn't Slaanesh since basically everyone else is magic with few exceptions anyway.

One version of the established heirarchy is him and Tzeentch teaming up against Nurgle and Slaanesh. Basically the two established guys kicking the weaker two to keep them down.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #2720 on: September 23, 2017, 11:25:11 am »

Well, I didn't think I needed to see 13 dinosaurs take on 5000 skaven, but then I saw this.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2721 on: September 24, 2017, 12:16:26 am »

I wonder how much skaben troop counts are going to fuck up battle auto-solving.
Love, scriver~

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2722 on: September 24, 2017, 12:55:07 am »

I wonder how much skaben troop counts are going to fuck up battle auto-solving.
Well, Lionheart utterly SHATTERED 1.8 stacks or so worth of them with a little over half a stack of Lizardmen when it said it'd be a 50/50 chance auto'd.

Majestic7

• Bay Watcher
  • Invokes Yog-Soggoth to bend time
    • View Profile
« Reply #2723 on: September 25, 2017, 01:04:05 pm »

The one cheat I miss from old Total Wars is the ability to get crushing victories on auto-resolve. There are still battles I know I will win crushingly against the enemy, but auto-resolve will give unacceptable casualties.. but I couldn't be bothered to fight otherwise.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2724 on: September 25, 2017, 04:24:25 pm »

The one cheat I miss from old Total Wars is the ability to get crushing victories on auto-resolve. There are still battles I know I will win crushingly against the enemy, but auto-resolve will give unacceptable casualties.. but I couldn't be bothered to fight otherwise.
Sometimes the result indicator for autoresolve will just be plain wrong. Quicksave and see if it actually plays as advertised or not. Unless you are on Legendary. In that case you should not autoresolve ever.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2725 on: September 27, 2017, 11:26:06 am »

FREE FOR ALL BATTLE VIDEO

Since FFA winners are decided by who killed the most units, I imagine the best strat is to just use single unit monsters. Then when everyone just uses single unit monsters, you use monsters with lots of anti-large as well as regeneration if possible.

Or maybe have a mage on a horse running around looking for gigantic clumps of units to drop some super spell on.

I imagine Norsca is going to roflstomp the FFA mode by just spamming skinwolves and mammoths.

----------

Incidentally, the early reviews have all come in and while they are all rated very highly the common complaint is that the vortex campaign sucks dick.

Game comes out tomorrow by the way. If you're a dumbass slut man-whore like myself who pointlessly preordered this game, then the preload has been up for awhile now though you have to manually ask Steam to preload for you.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2726 on: September 27, 2017, 11:32:57 am »

It looks like points are scored on some sort of damage mertic, not just raw kills. There's probably some way to cheese it still of course, but maybe not just single unit monsters.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2017, 11:35:38 am by Criptfeind »

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2727 on: September 27, 2017, 11:36:01 am »

FREE FOR ALL BATTLE VIDEO

Since FFA winners are decided by who killed the most units, I imagine the best strat is to just use single unit monsters. Then when everyone just uses single unit monsters, you use monsters with lots of anti-large as well as regeneration if possible.

I am very hyped for that. I wasted years in the 90's playing FFA battles in Myth: TFL and Myth II. FFA hasn't gotten much love in real-time tactics games in a long time.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2729 on: September 27, 2017, 11:59:50 am »

Finally got enough money to get the game later today. I guess I'll be playing Norsca tonight.

Umiman: could you either link to the complaints about the Vortex itself or paraphrase it for us?
Pages: 1 ... 180 181 [182] 183 184 ... 277