Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 485050 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #2745 on: September 28, 2017, 05:59:40 pm »

Most animations are pretty good. A very subtle one is Malekith's run animation: He just walks faster, because running isn't edgy.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

scriver

• Bay Watcher
  • City streets ain't got much pity
    • View Profile
« Reply #2746 on: September 29, 2017, 12:25:34 am »

He walks the Long Stride like all proper Altmer.
Love, scriver~

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #2747 on: September 29, 2017, 01:45:07 am »

Well apparently if you kick Tlaqua's ass hard enough they'll confederate with you.

That was an unexpected, but nice, boon.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2748 on: September 29, 2017, 02:45:40 am »

Did Surtha Ek the everchariot make his way in tw 2 ?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2749 on: September 29, 2017, 02:56:56 am »

Did Surtha Ek the everchariot make his way in tw 2 ?

Makes him sound like he'll appear randomly in battle like Doomrider. Charging over a hill at the head of a host of Chaos Chariots, trampling all before him.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2750 on: September 29, 2017, 03:07:31 am »

Skaeling exists... the rest, unsure.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Coolnesstod

• Bay Watcher
  • Drink, Work, Repeat.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2751 on: September 29, 2017, 10:34:18 am »

Since this is the latest total war, I'm just gonna voice my biggest complaint with the total war series as a whole here.

The prices of the past 6-7 years of total war games, is insane. Let me explain. Shogun 2:total war, without any dlc, is $30 base price; with dlc, $50. About what I expected for a 6, almost 7 year old game. Rome 2, a 4 year old game now, is still $60, without dlc. Add all the dlc, $145.90. <- That is insane. How about Attila? A 2, almost 3 year old game, $45 base price. huh. Cheaper than Rome. Add all dlc, $117.91. Not as insane, but still kind of insane. I can excuse Warhammer 1, since it is a newer game, and I'm not expecting a price drop at all for it. I could bring up the older games, but that's digging too deep. I expect all these games will be priced this way until they hit the 6/7 year mark, like shogun 2, which is kind of worrying.

I'm not asking that these prices be dropped to like $20 or anything, just i think that these older games and their prices should be looked at, and reevaluated. Maybe give us new bundles or have sales for the games more often.
All glory to the Hypnotoad.
Random fact: Robin Williams was once addicted to cocaine during the late 1980's/early 1990's.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2752 on: September 29, 2017, 10:40:50 am »

I got Attila on sale for about six bucks.
Warhammer 1 was 50% off over christmas.

It could just be an 'Age of Steam' thing, where games don't depreciate as fast.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2753 on: September 29, 2017, 11:21:18 am »

Skraelings are wrecking High Elves in my game. I got the chance to look at one of their armies and it looks like their roster is pre-Norsca DLC.

PrimusRibbus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2754 on: September 29, 2017, 11:45:46 am »

Since this is the latest total war, I'm just gonna voice my biggest complaint with the total war series as a whole here.

The prices of the past 6-7 years of total war games, is insane. Let me explain. Shogun 2:total war, without any dlc, is $30 base price; with dlc, $50. About what I expected for a 6, almost 7 year old game. Rome 2, a 4 year old game now, is still $60, without dlc. Add all the dlc, $145.90. <- That is insane. How about Attila? A 2, almost 3 year old game, $45 base price. huh. Cheaper than Rome. Add all dlc, $117.91. Not as insane, but still kind of insane. I can excuse Warhammer 1, since it is a newer game, and I'm not expecting a price drop at all for it. I could bring up the older games, but that's digging too deep. I expect all these games will be priced this way until they hit the 6/7 year mark, like shogun 2, which is kind of worrying.

I'm not asking that these prices be dropped to like $20 or anything, just i think that these older games and their prices should be looked at, and reevaluated. Maybe give us new bundles or have sales for the games more often.

As an example, Rome 2 and its DLC have gone on 75% off sale four times this year so far. If you're missing these sales, be sure to put the game on your wishlist and enable email notifications.

If you're expecting a bigger sale than that keep in mind that Rome 2, a four year old game in a niche genre that was critically panned by the community for its initial bugginess, is still usually in the top 50 games by concurrent players on Steam in any given week (and in a week where Warhammer 2 is taking the attention of most of the TW fans, Rome 2 is still around 60th last I checked). That's a game that has legs, and you're not going to see Medieval 2-level sales until the player count drops to Medieval 2-level numbers.
grammar is for essays and letters and second FREEDOM TO POST except obscene material
THE ONLY THING THAT'S GONNA GRIND IN THIS GAME IS YOUR ASS ON THE PAVEMENT

Sindain

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2755 on: September 29, 2017, 11:47:07 am »

Skraelings are wrecking High Elves in my game. I got the chance to look at one of their armies and it looks like their roster is pre-Norsca DLC.

I've been fighting the Norse pretty extensively as Malekith, and yeah, I've only see pre dlc units. Although I did not notice at the time, as I haven't actually played a game with the Norsca dlc yet.
"just once I'd like to learn a lesson without something exploding."

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #2756 on: September 29, 2017, 11:52:58 am »

I've been fighting the Norse pretty extensively as Malekith, and yeah, I've only see pre dlc units. Although I did not notice at the time, as I haven't actually played a game with the Norsca dlc yet.
It probably has to do with the fact that Norsca got released after work on TWW2 had started. CA mentioned that at first the Mortal Empires campaign will feature pre-dlc unplayable Norsca.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2757 on: September 29, 2017, 12:37:31 pm »

I can't play this campaign. The removal of the free-rotation from the middle-mouse button is completely ruining this game from me. It works fine in battle, but for some reason CA removed it from the campaign map. If you want to rotate or angle the camera, there's like 4 different buttons you need to press. It's so unbelievably jarring considering it works perfectly fine in battle.

It feels like I'm stuck in a porthole on the campaign map.

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2758 on: September 29, 2017, 12:57:14 pm »

I've found the game so far to be the XCOM 2 of TWarhammers.
They did a thing with more storyline and it's fallen flat 'cos I just want to expand and conquer, and then they threw in a bunch of cutscenes to bring me in to the story, which again don't really do anything for me.
That and now the between-turn camera pan-across is... I wouldn't say jarring, but overly showy. It's certainly gotten a lot more flair since the days of bare-bones historical sims.

Also I always thought of Morathi as being more wizened... that was not so.
Haven't played 2, but one thing I found to be a problem with the first was that just expanding and conquering quickly became the only thing to do, and the strategic gameplay was nowhere near satisfying enough to support that. And once you've got a strategic advantage, the tactical gameplay soon becomes far less relevant, since you can just toss a full stack of good units at any problem and even just auto-calc a pretty good victory. Together with the multiple-minute load times (Why? My computer is getting older, I guess, but definitely not old enough to justify this) for each battle and the game stopped being interesting very quick. If there's a bit more story, at least that'll give some purpose to your actions.
« Last Edit: September 29, 2017, 12:58:58 pm by Cruxador »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2759 on: September 29, 2017, 02:12:34 pm »

I've found the game so far to be the XCOM 2 of TWarhammers.
They did a thing with more storyline and it's fallen flat 'cos I just want to expand and conquer, and then they threw in a bunch of cutscenes to bring me in to the story, which again don't really do anything for me.
That and now the between-turn camera pan-across is... I wouldn't say jarring, but overly showy. It's certainly gotten a lot more flair since the days of bare-bones historical sims.

Also I always thought of Morathi as being more wizened... that was not so.
(Why? My computer is getting older, I guess, but definitely not old enough to justify this)
My enjoyment of Total War went up tenfold the day I bought an SSD.

5 second loading times...
Pages: 1 ... 182 183 [184] 185 186 ... 277