Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 483809 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #2940 on: November 08, 2017, 05:59:44 pm »

There was once where I played MP Rome 2 with Timferius and I spammed horse archers against him. The only thing he could do was sit in the middle in shieldwall formation and wait for me to run out of arrows. I'm fairly certain I could hear his sigh through the monitor screen. Also he refused to play MP with me ever since then.

I'm sorry Timferius. :(

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2941 on: November 09, 2017, 09:26:22 pm »

Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2942 on: November 10, 2017, 02:16:26 am »

My Von Carstein campaign has been one uphill struggle for ages now. My empire stretches from Sylvania to the gates of Athel Loren, but as a result I’ve had to fight practically every human, dwarf and WE faction in the Old World at some point, usually simultaneously. Now, Chaos arrived, and I managed to peace out with all my closest enemies. Time to consolidate and deal with Chaos, no?

Well, I forgot to get peace with Karak Norn, insignificant and one-settlement as they were. I’d just moved my only real armies in the south-east north. Karak Norn decides to invite the Dwarfs to join them in the war against me. Dwarfs are the #1 faction. I share a terrifyingly long border with them and they control everything south of Sylvania and east of it too.

The worst part is that Karak Norn itself immediately peaced out the next turn. The Imperial factions love me because of my war against Chaos and the +30 opinion boost from the Occupied Imperial Palace in Altdorf, the Wood Elves love me for fighting the Bretonnians so long, but there are now full stacks of Dwarf elite armies swarming into my poor undefended south. I can’t move armies back without giving ground elsewhere, but looks like I’ll have to. Damn you, Dwarfs, can’t you see I’m trying to save civilization (so I can corrupt it for myself, but still)?
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2943 on: November 10, 2017, 05:14:23 am »

The Dwarves are the true final enemy of all in Warhammer Total War (and Mortal Empires). If you leave them alone, they will confederate with everyone, have infinite income with infinite stacks, and combined with their insane number of legendary lords they will ensure every campaign involves a gigantic slog against their unassailable half of the map.

At least they can't spam RoRs any more.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2944 on: November 10, 2017, 11:49:35 am »

Mortal Empires has made it worse with unrestricted conquering. I might have been the only one, but damnit, I liked the old version. It looks wrong to see Dwarfs ruling over a huge empire of human cities. The limitations made things more interesting - I could happily consider certain regions just sacking/razing targets. Okay, I like being able to take wrong-type settlements where they offer some strategic benefits now too, but the AI goes way too wild with it.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ¡No parmesan!

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2945 on: November 10, 2017, 12:59:21 pm »

Also it keeps all of the settlement types.
Which kind of sucks when you're expecting doomrockets to nail enemy artillery and you get boneballs which are anti-infantry.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Bad_Goblin

• Bay Watcher
  • Ergh
    • View Profile
« Reply #2946 on: November 13, 2017, 06:10:47 pm »

The Dwarves are the true final enemy of all in Warhammer Total War

How fitting.
« Last Edit: November 13, 2017, 06:12:30 pm by Bad_Goblin »

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2947 on: November 14, 2017, 02:05:33 pm »

The trailer for the first in the Saga series, total war: noob Island Englandland, is here: https://youtu.be/-Fu0UPnk4kc

FAQ here: https://www.totalwar.com/blog/thrones-britannia-faq

The starting date is 878 and it has events all the way to 1066. I guess we know who the end game enemies are then. What a convenient end date.

Would this be the first time there are two completely separate end game enemies at the same time in a total war game?

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2948 on: November 15, 2017, 11:30:22 am »

For some reason i’d prefer the map to be larger in scope- Mount & Blade style.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2949 on: November 25, 2017, 06:03:00 am »

The Reprisal Update with most of the changes of the Foundation Update for the first game is available as a beta on Steam. No Norsca or the 30th anniversary RoR yet though.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2950 on: December 05, 2017, 01:52:30 pm »

Sorry for the double-post.

Today CA released more info about the game state. The Reprisal update is set for this month, though it is not clear if the 30th Anniversary RoR are coming together (they arent in the beta). In January they will release a DLC (not announced, but it is Tomb Kings) and Norsca will arrive only in May. They said they had a lot of problems integrating Norsca into TW:W2.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2951 on: December 05, 2017, 09:19:28 pm »

Here is a link to the blog post they made on the topic of Norsca, updates and coming content.

I believe it is mentioned in the blog post that the 30th Anniversary RoR are coming with the Norsca update, scheduled for May currently due to the extensive recoding they're having to do to impliment Norsca thoroughly.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2952 on: December 06, 2017, 05:43:31 am »

It’s refreshing to see a big dev team go into this kind of detail on why things aren’t working out. Wonder what the ’experimental free game mode’ is going to be.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2953 on: December 06, 2017, 05:53:05 am »

Warhammer 2 came with the FFA multiplayer capability which I believe was a pet project developed within the company since it was a regular request from the multiplayer community. FFA battles weren't included in the campaign and I think, even if it was implemented, it would have a rather low chance of occuring. Probably mostly through a third faction attacking a sieging army.

I'm not sure what the free game mode could be. I'm thinking it'll be a variation of an existing mechanic rather than something completely new.

lordcooper

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a number!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2954 on: December 06, 2017, 03:11:24 pm »

>2 way battles make very little sense, both pragmatically and from a historical perspective.  Why on earth would someone choose to fight two armies instead of getting in some relaxation and fighting one (now weakened) army with your own well rested one.
Santorum leaves a bad taste in my mouth
Pages: 1 ... 195 196 [197] 198 199 ... 277