Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 481021 times)

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #3150 on: April 26, 2018, 11:30:11 am »

That sounds kinda worthwhile then.  Does chaos still come to kick everyone's ass part way through the game?  Or maybe there are different crises?
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3151 on: April 26, 2018, 12:09:00 pm »

It does in the "Mortal Empires" campaign which is the combined campaign Perseus mentions.

I don't know if the base campaign for TW2, the Magic Vortex or w/e, has a similar doom clock. I was more interested in playing the big combined campaign with all the races than the newer one with just Elves, Lizards and Rats.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3152 on: April 26, 2018, 12:54:58 pm »

The Vortex campaign kind of does. I believe as factions advance in control of the vortex, chaos armies spawn to attack various areas of the map, due to the instability of the vortex. There's also the intervention armies that the four major factions can summon which spawn near an enemy city and attack them, though that is a single army. There's no big chaos invasion but there's a large battle which occurs when one of the 4 main factions completes their final vortex ritual.
Tomb Kings ignore the vortex ritual and have their own large battle at the Black Pyramid of Nagash.

The map for the base Warhammer 2: Total War Vortex campaign.

The map for the Mortal Empires campaign. Available if you own both Warhammer 1 and 2.
Note: The Mortal Empire map above is from before the Tomb Kings were added.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Levi

• Bay Watcher
  • Is a fish.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3153 on: April 26, 2018, 01:11:04 pm »

Neat.  Okay, I think I'll pick it up sometime then.  Thanks!
Avid Gamer | Goldfish Enthusiast | Canadian | Professional Layabout

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3154 on: May 01, 2018, 10:35:53 pm »

Another bit of information has been announced regarding the coming update, this time mentioning that Norsca will have four new monster hunt quests added. From the short video I'm assuming this is to encourage Norsca to travel to the new landmasses with the monsters being a Carnosaur, Hydra, Hell Pit Abomination and Phoenix.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3155 on: May 08, 2018, 11:36:05 am »

So...

1. Ungrim's been moved to his proper start location.

2. Dwarfs are getting some pretty nifty new toys, including what seems to be crafting.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3156 on: May 08, 2018, 12:21:29 pm »

DLC info also kinda leaked, it is going to be The Queen and the Crone. Alarielle and Hellebron probably, along with new units for High and Dark Elves and possibly RoR for them.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3157 on: May 08, 2018, 06:08:15 pm »

DLC info also kinda leaked, it is going to be The Queen and the Crone. Alarielle and Hellebron probably, along with new units for High and Dark Elves and possibly RoR for them.
The leak was voice actor credits, including one for Shadow Walkers, which is the hero version of Shadow Warriors. So we're getting both at least. No idea what's on the DElf end of things.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3158 on: May 09, 2018, 09:41:10 am »

So...

2. Dwarfs are getting some pretty nifty new toys, including what seems to be crafting.
Oooh, sauce?

Craftings seems to be VERY fitting for the Dawi, five bucks say Runesmiths/lords are gonna help with it.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3159 on: May 09, 2018, 06:06:16 pm »

So...

Oooh, sauce?

Craftings seems to be VERY fitting for the Dawi, five bucks say Runesmiths/lords are gonna help with it.
Here you go: https://www.reddit.com/r/totalwar/comments/8hwwot/can_you_spot_ungrim_ironfist/

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3160 on: May 09, 2018, 06:46:21 pm »

So, apparently there's been some weird update to the game's Steam Workshop and now there's a chance that any mod that's over 100mb in size will be undownloadable. You can check if you are running into this if you got a Warhammer workshop update in steam that is 0kb and auto-pauses if you try to start it.
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3161 on: May 16, 2018, 09:10:36 pm »

So, apparently there's been some weird update to the game's Steam Workshop and now there's a chance that any mod that's over 100mb in size will be undownloadable. You can check if you are running into this if you got a Warhammer workshop update in steam that is 0kb and auto-pauses if you try to start it.
I THINK it just got fixed, I got a 3MB update from Steam that also set a bunch of my mods to downloading. Could be wrong, though.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3162 on: May 16, 2018, 09:54:02 pm »

I THINK it just got fixed, I got a 3MB update from Steam that also set a bunch of my mods to downloading. Could be wrong, though.
It did.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3163 on: May 17, 2018, 09:46:19 am »

New DLC, The Queen & The Crone, announced: https://t.co/jZ6GCFQ11t

FAQ: https://t.co/3xkkznYvgu

It will come alongside Norsca and a free legendary lord for the HE on May 31st.

I think the DLC is somewhat lacking in content (no new lord for HE, no new hero for DE, only 4 new units excluding RoR) but it is also very cheap. You get what you pay for.

« Last Edit: May 17, 2018, 11:16:51 am by thvaz »

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3164 on: May 17, 2018, 10:51:47 am »

There's also a bit at the end of the Steam DLC page as well as the F.A.Q. page: "But this is not all. The Druchii possess a dark and powerful weapon.
When blood runs in rivers and the air is choked with Death, the chains will break and this monstrous secret will be unleashed."

People are guessing this is another unit that's not been shown yet, being a toss up between the Kharibdyss or the Blood-wrack Medusa. The first would seem more likely since it's similar to a Hydra however the Medusa is more thematically appropriate.

Some of the regiments of renown seem quite neat. There's a unit of Phoenix Guard who burst into fire whenever one of them dies, a unit of Dark Riders mounted on dark pegasi, a war hydra with frostbite and cold breath and a unit of shadow warriors that can fire while remaining hidden as well as an ability "Loec's Shroud" that increases their speed and reduces detection radius.

It's also interesting that Alarielle can recruit units of dryads, treekin and treemen, giving access to some of the Wood Elf units to at least her faction for the high elves.

Both Alarielle and Hellebron also have mechanics during the campaigns which affect their abilities.
Alarielle's strength seems to be tied to the amount of Chaos Corruption within either the world or Ulthuan (it doesn't really say) and also gains bonuses or penalties depending on whether there's enemies within Ulthuan or not.

Hellebron has a mechanic where she loses power unless you use the "Death Night" rite that also summons an indepenent army of Dark Elves you gain the post-battle rewards from.

Pages: 1 ... 209 210 [211] 212 213 ... 277