Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 485112 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #3180 on: May 28, 2018, 09:47:22 pm »

It's pretty much confirmed. It's been leaked by multiple streamers playing the pre-release builds and there's footage of it owning zombies in combat from super range. Teneb's clip has been removed but I've seen it too.

There's still even more stuff that hasn't been revealed yet including the secret Dark Elf monster alluded to in the DLC previews.

It's gonna be a really massive patch.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3181 on: May 28, 2018, 10:43:39 pm »

It is looking really good. But I don't understand why the secrecy from CA.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3182 on: May 28, 2018, 10:45:19 pm »

It is looking really good. But I don't understand why the secrecy from CA.
They like to build hype. It's probably their policy on marketing to drip feed content over a few weeks to get the hype train rolling.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3183 on: May 30, 2018, 11:15:47 am »

The patch notes for the Resurgence Update have been posted.

Spoiler: Patch Notes (click to show/hide)

Some interesting things of note is that any of the Elven races can build the Shrine of Khaine. It seems that the first one to build it can take the sword, however, after the lord carrying it is defeated ANY faction lord can choose to take it after battle. Archaon could wield the Sword of Khaine this way which is very neat. I hope there's some way to keep track of it in game.

Some other things that caught my eye was:
Terrain in Nehekhara was changed from Badlands to desert (I assume this is around Khemri).
Naggaroth forest maps have had their tree density reduced (It looked nice but did get in the way a bit, even with the leaves removed).

Realm of Souls for Tomb Kings now heals twice as much.
The mass of several units including Empire cavalry, Blood Knights and Skarsnik and Gobbla have been increased.
The damage auras of the Mortis Engine and Plague Furnace now only activate when engaged in melee.

Thorgrim: Added new Oath of Vengeance ability, allowing Thorgrim to reduce the melee defence of an enemy unit.
Ungrim: Added new Red Ruin ability, allowing Ungrim to trade melee defence for significantly more weapon strength.
Grudges that require assassination of the target have been removed. (These were annoying, especially if it was later on with a high level goblin boss hero).

Legendary Lords will now be recruitable when you confederate with that faction when the Lord is in a wounded state. (This is a nice one. It was kind of annoying having to hold off confederating with Vampire Counts to have all the vampire lords under Vlad).

Added unique army templates for AI faction leaders. (This is cool. I assume this means lords like Ungrim will have more slayers, Hellebron more Witch Elves and the like).
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 11:21:01 am by Mech#4 »
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3184 on: May 30, 2018, 11:40:49 am »

I feel like I'm reading a novel, reading those patch notes.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3185 on: May 30, 2018, 01:00:06 pm »

Nothing about the Bone Giant or the secret DE monster?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3186 on: May 30, 2018, 01:07:39 pm »

Nothing in the patch notes. The Dark Elf thingy was mentioned to be revealed post release of the DLC (Being a part of it), the Bone Giant has had no mention anywhere as far as I've seen. Suprise stuff perhaps?
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3187 on: May 30, 2018, 01:10:02 pm »

Nothing in the patch notes. The Dark Elf thingy was mentioned to be revealed post release of the DLC (Being a part of it), the Bone Giant has had no mention anywhere as far as I've seen. Suprise stuff perhaps?

ah, there is this

"Ranald resurgent: new content leaks now seem to happen by default."

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3188 on: May 30, 2018, 01:15:02 pm »

ah, there is this

"Ranald resurgent: new content leaks now seem to happen by default."
Haha, man I don't think there's been a single patch or DLC by CA that hasn't been leaked in a few years.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3189 on: May 30, 2018, 02:10:28 pm »

Considering how much flack CA has gotten for not including stuff in the game (Chaos DLC, Beastman units), I imagine they'd rather players get surprised by additional content then expect stuff that doesn't make it in.

Judging from some of the stuff I've heard, the Bone Giant was supposed to be in with the Tomb Kings DLC but got cut for time or something. One of the unique Tomb King buildings allows you to recruit more of them, and leaked concept art has been around for at least a few months.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3191 on: May 31, 2018, 12:20:53 pm »

Issue should be fixed now. I have Norsca present in the custom game race list. This also includes the addition of the Bone Giant to the Tomb King's DLC. It looks like they combined both the melee and ranged Bone Giants into one unit.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3192 on: May 31, 2018, 12:38:37 pm »

Issue should be fixed now. I have Norsca present in the custom game race list. This also includes the addition of the Bone Giant to the Tomb King's DLC. It looks like they combined both the melee and ranged Bone Giants into one unit.
It is, and no further patching is required which is nice given how the patching process works.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3193 on: May 31, 2018, 12:51:39 pm »

Bone giants hurt a lot... I tried to use Alith Anar in a sniping match against them. It didn't work out so well. Had to use his anti-mage blink to run away.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 12:56:56 pm by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext
Pages: 1 ... 211 212 [213] 214 215 ... 277