Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 485105 times)

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #3195 on: May 31, 2018, 03:00:57 pm »

I am pretty sure they've managed to optimize the game, since I'm loading it faster now. I can actually fight battles, big or small without having to go for a snack. Also Alith Anar is really fun.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3196 on: June 01, 2018, 04:35:40 am »

An interesting thing I've noticed is that Bone Giants are considered undead in the game. The artwork and the ingame model makes them look like a construct similar to the Ushabti. This means they benefit from the army wide heals but don't benefit from the bonuses given by the Necrotect.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3197 on: June 01, 2018, 11:06:14 am »

An interesting thing I've noticed is that Bone Giants are considered undead in the game. The artwork and the ingame model makes them look like a construct similar to the Ushabti. This means they benefit from the army wide heals but don't benefit from the bonuses given by the Necrotect.
That can't be intended. Everything from the intro video to the lore text says they're constructs.

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3198 on: June 01, 2018, 12:08:34 pm »

If you play as Throgg, try giving him impossible move commands like onto a mountain. There's some amusing lines there.

It's a fun thing to do with a bunch of race lords. They all have various lines for them too.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3199 on: June 01, 2018, 12:53:36 pm »

I'm both awed and horrified by the Sword of Khaine. The lord who has it is insanely good at murdering things for me, but even at only step 2 of it's progression it's making it very hard to keep Ulthuan at high public order.

I can only imagine how powerful it could be to a horde faction who doesn't need to care about the downsides.
There once was a dwarf in a cave,
who many would consider brave.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,
his ass I won't bother to save.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3200 on: June 01, 2018, 02:05:07 pm »

I'm both awed and horrified by the Sword of Khaine. The lord who has it is insanely good at murdering things for me, but even at only step 2 of it's progression it's making it very hard to keep Ulthuan at high public order.

I can only imagine how powerful it could be to a horde faction who doesn't need to care about the downsides.
Or a legendary AI that has so much positive buffs that it can ignore it.

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3201 on: June 01, 2018, 02:11:45 pm »

Factions that benefit from rebellions  (greenskins) seem like would be perfect for the blade
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3202 on: June 01, 2018, 02:36:20 pm »

Once I'm done with my current Avelorne game I might see if I can snag the Sword of Khaine as Beastmen, or maybe Chaos. Kholek or (modded in) Taurox with the sword would give me all the happiness a heretic can have.
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3203 on: June 01, 2018, 06:46:55 pm »

I'm really stoked that CA is putting in all these fun mechanics. Makes campaigns so interesting instead of a simple paint the map thing.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3204 on: June 01, 2018, 09:08:28 pm »

Just found a bug with the Sword of Khaine. I was playing as Alith Anar and got to confederate with Avellorn and Allariele was wielding the sword at the time. The thing is, the game still thinks Avellorn has the sword (though the faction no longer exists) and I have the full power of the sword without any of the downsides. Right now I am trying to lose it to see if the game somehow fixes itself. (and dont waste away my 100 turns ME campaign)

ArchAIngel

• Bay Watcher
  • Infested Pony
    • View Profile
« Reply #3205 on: June 02, 2018, 02:21:28 pm »

Just found a bug with the Sword of Khaine. I was playing as Alith Anar and got to confederate with Avellorn and Allariele was wielding the sword at the time. The thing is, the game still thinks Avellorn has the sword (though the faction no longer exists) and I have the full power of the sword without any of the downsides. Right now I am trying to lose it to see if the game somehow fixes itself. (and dont waste away my 100 turns ME campaign)
So the cure to the madness of Khaine is the power of friendship?

Grim Portent

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3206 on: June 03, 2018, 08:22:23 am »

I'm noticing that when the AI HElves draw the sword they often seem to just hang around the Shrine of Khaine afterwards, the DElves seem to claim the shrine, take the sword and run away back to Naggaroth until the shrine is taken off them again, when they return to retake it.

They don't seem to make the best use of it unless fighting each other around the Shrine.

EDIT: Beastmen seem to be affected by the extended unit training time of harsh climates. While I was in Nagarythe looking for the sword it was taking 2 turns to train Gors, when I walked back to Chrace it was just 1 turn. Never noticed anything like that before.
« Last Edit: June 03, 2018, 05:41:40 pm by Grim Portent »
With a head like a block
he went out for a sock,

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3207 on: June 05, 2018, 12:50:32 pm »

CA said today they are working in another "campaign" pack for Warhammer II. Campaign packs are supposed to be a new playable race with 4 LLs. My bet is on Southern Realms/Dogs of War as they added Sartosa to Mortal Empires map in the last patch and Araby isnt so much different from Tomb Kings as they share the desert theme.

The next game in the franchise is also in pre-production right now and they gave hints alluding to "dark places".

Digital Hellhound

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3208 on: June 05, 2018, 01:46:25 pm »

Started a Norsca Mortal Empires campaign (I hadn’t realized I owned Norsca, so, err, pleasant surprise) and am enjoying it a lot. Suffered a lot from cash problems as Throgg early-game until I realized you can throw common sense to the wind and raid your own provinces without much issue. Public order is not really a problem or when it is, Norscan garrisons are hardcore and can easily trounce rebels.

It’s got the fun parts of being a raiding and rampaging faction like the Greenskins without the frustrating public order and lesser cash problems (granted, those are largely early-game concerns, but Norsca gets through the early game faster too), with a way better roster. Monster Hunts are cool too.

I’ve got Throgg with an all-monster army right now. Has anyone else tried it? I’ve got Fimir as my front line, Trolls to shock, a Feral Manticore as an aerial harasser, two mammoths, and ice wolves. It’s pretty great, but I do lack ranged and have nothing to assault walls with in siege battles.
Russia is simply taking an anti-Fascist stance against European Nazi products, they should be applauded. ˇNo parmesan!

Hanslanda

• Bay Watcher
  • Baal's More Evil American Twin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3209 on: June 05, 2018, 01:53:17 pm »

I had an all monster army with Throgg. Think I had two manticores and a dragon, but otherwise basically the same. Tis great fun against the Empire basic troops.
Well, we could put two and two together and write a book: "The Shit that Hans and Max Did: You Won't Believe This Shit."
He's fucking with us.
Pages: 1 ... 212 213 [214] 215 216 ... 277