Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 277

Author Topic: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2! And 3!  (Read 481040 times)

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
Re: Total War: Warhammer! Now with 2!
« Reply #3225 on: June 08, 2018, 05:00:21 pm »

It's just me, or 8 freaking trebuchets just punched straight trough few meters thick stone wall and promptly collapsed it in one volley? That's the whole new level of "walls are useless".   :o
They probably have cheats on to make it move a little faster.

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3226 on: June 08, 2018, 05:10:44 pm »

Meh. I'll stick to KOEI with this one.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3227 on: June 08, 2018, 05:57:02 pm »

I desperately hope there is Chinese audio though.
They mentioned in an interview they were hoping to target the Chinese market, so there should be an early mod that ports stuff for the Chinese language version if not.

Looks like older version of seiges are back in.
« Last Edit: June 08, 2018, 06:00:16 pm by Persus13 »
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Culise

• Bay Watcher
  • General Nuisance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3228 on: June 09, 2018, 09:50:09 am »

Heck, we should even question why counterweight trebuchets are even being used in Three Kingdoms-era China.  The very oldest mention of them is in 1187 CE, and they don't reach China until almost a century later.  They should all be traction trebuchets (though a neologism; pŕo would be better name), which were invented in China.  How horribly unrealistic, in an era where umiman has already pointed out the historically accurate version of the siege. :P

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3229 on: June 09, 2018, 05:42:41 pm »

Historical total war fans may be really upset with the game following closer to the myths than to history. Even with a realistic mode, most of the assets looks like more mythical than historical. Maybe Total War Saga was an attempt to appease them, as it looks like really well researched?

Mech#4

• Bay Watcher
  • (ಠ_ృ) Like a sir.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3230 on: June 20, 2018, 10:41:49 am »

New patch coming out within the next day or so (21st June 15:00 BST).

It also reveals the new unit for the Queen and the Crone DLC that was being hinted at, the Kharibdyss.
Creative Assembly description: "Excelling at munching on other monsters, the Kharibdyss may be slow and lumbering but its poisonous armour-piercing attacks are some of the hardest hitting in the game. Its terrifying presence and abyssal howl reduce the most courageous leaders to mere shadows of their former selves, and even dragons may end up reduced to little more than a mid-battle snack by one of its many mouths."

Patch notes on Creative Assembly's blog.

Spoiler: Patch Notes (click to show/hide)

Things of note in the patch are;
- All Bretonnian peasant units gaining Expendable.
- Empire Halbadiers gaining Expert Charge Defense instead of Charge Defense vs Large.
- Rogue Armies should spawn normally
- Bone Giant is now a construct and not undead.
- Crone Hellebron's Cursed Blade ability is no longer bugged to deal large amounts of damage over time.
Kaypy:Adamantine in a poorly defended fortress is the royal equivalent of an unclaimed sock on a battlefield.

Here's a thread listing Let's Players found on the internet. Feel free to add.
List of Notable Mods. Feel free to add.

umiman

• Bay Watcher
  • Voice Fetishist
    • View Profile
« Reply #3231 on: June 20, 2018, 02:56:48 pm »

Fashion advisors have been hired for the Hydras

Lol.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3232 on: June 20, 2018, 04:44:58 pm »

Currently playing a co-op TK/VC game, so yay.
Currently playing a co-op Orcs n’ Goblins game, so boo. Black Orcs didn’t need the nerf.

Also, as a man who primarily ran Battle Pilgrims, I’m not sure how to feel
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

sambojin

• Bay Watcher
  • Three seconds to catsplosion and counting.......
    • View Profile
« Reply #3233 on: June 20, 2018, 06:19:46 pm »

Stuff that's important to me from the last two patches.

Waaaggghh! is now a mapwide ability in battle. And little lords get it in MP. Nice! None of this strategic spearhead stuff, just press the button and charge everything. Yeah, it's a bit weaker, but *everything*.

Little Waaaggh magic got a tiny buff with AP on their magic missile, and cheaper powercost spells for spamming.

Apparently Greenskins aren't only the most balanced race, they're one of the strongest (or something), getting tonnes of minor nerfs across the board, only slightly helped by making BOs a bit faster to recruit. Huh. Were they that strong before? Didn't seem like it.

But +24 attack, +24% speed, +30% charge bonus probably makes up for it. Even gobbo archers and wolfriders can do a bit when you press the big, red Waaaghh! button. Everything becomes an average/good melee troop for 30sec, which really does enhance the versatility and army makeup options for them. Can anyone confirm its actually a flat +24 attack, and not +24% attack?  Because the grots all of a sudden seem pretty good with a flat +24 attack, to the point of being amazing for their cost, but only for thirty seconds....
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 06:41:04 pm by sambojin »
It's a game. Have fun.

Tack

• Bay Watcher
  • Giving nothing to a community who gave me so much.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3234 on: June 20, 2018, 06:25:53 pm »

Yeah the AI certainly seems to take over the map now, which is weird because it was the VC’s doing it before the TK’s arrived.
Guess that’s a good litmus for the power of a faction though, or at least their auto resolve power.
Sentience, Endurance, and Thumbs: The Trifector of a Superpredator.
Yeah, he's a banned spammer. Normally we'd delete this thread too, but people were having too much fun with it by the time we got here.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #3235 on: June 20, 2018, 06:31:07 pm »

If my Warhammer 1 experience is anything to go by, autoresolve tends to favor VCs because they have high unit counts even though zombies are pretty trash to fight in combat. Goblins might similarly buff the greenskins autoresolve, but I can't confirm that.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3236 on: June 20, 2018, 06:40:03 pm »

Question: If I don't buy the latest DLC, do I still get to capture that silly new sword in battle or what?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3237 on: June 20, 2018, 07:07:29 pm »

Question: If I don't buy the latest DLC, do I still get to capture that silly new sword in battle or what?
The sword is not DLC, but patch content. So you can draw/steal it regardless.
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?

Teneb

• Bay Watcher
  • (they/them) Penguin rebellion
    • View Profile
« Reply #3238 on: July 05, 2018, 05:49:19 pm »

Le bump for a possible (still unconfirmed) leak. Sauce

Spoiler: Skaven Units (click to show/hide)
Monstrous Manual: D&D in DF
Quote from: Tack
What if “slammed in the ass by dead philosophers” is actually the thing which will progress our culture to the next step?
Pages: 1 ... 214 215 [216] 217 218 ... 277